Greetings, Here's a new Soldier of Christ!

Started by Don Pelayo, August 27, 2018, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Pelayo

Hello! its a pleasure to be here!.

What brings you to SD?
I have seen the division of all traditional catholics, my mission is to unite all of us, to face our enemies and reconquer Christendom from the liberal and unbeliever plage.

Also i wanna deep my knowledge on tradition and catholicism, i have so much to learn and understand!

Are you a member of other Internet fora? If so, care to mention which one(s)?

No yet, i'm looking for forums for this kind, so much work to do!.

Why did you choose your username and avatar?
I'm spanish, so i choosed my username and avatar from Don Pelagius of Asturias, who started the 700 years Reconquista, the Christian reconquest from the Moors, against all odds he stablished a christian stronghold against the muslim rule.

What is your state of life - single, married, religious, or still discerning
?
Single.

Whereabouts do you live "in real life"? (be as specific or as general as you wish!)

Spain, deep in the mountains.

Personality type?
I'm very passionate and energetic. 

Favorite books?

The Anabasis by Xenophon and more! 
mainly nonfictional.

Favorite movies?

I'm not a movie type of people.

Favorite TV shows?

I don't watch TV.

Favorite sports/teams

No favorite teams, favorite sports: climbing, Historical European Martial Arts, Basque pelota, bullfighting. 

Have any hobbies
Hiking,Mountaineering, avid reader of (any kind of) history and philosophy. 

Pet peeves
I can't think about one.

Fun random fact about yourself:
I'll have to come back to this one!

Michael Wilson

Welcome to the forum! I lived in Spain in the Province of Santander, from 1992 until 2006; a beautiful country that is being undermined by so many anti-Catholic forces.
I hope you like it here and contribute to the discussions.
Arriba Espana! Viva Cristo Rey!
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Greg

What do Spaniards make of Garabandal now that Joey Lomangino is dead?

I can only find Americans and a couple of Irish people who still believe it.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Heinrich

Welcome. You live the life I am yearning for.

Pax.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

mikemac

Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

PerEvangelicaDicta

Welcome, friend   :pray1:

Quotemy mission is to unite all of us, to face our enemies and reconquer Christendom from the liberal and unbeliever plage.
A Crusader!  Deo gratias
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

Don Pelayo

Quote from: Michael Wilson on August 27, 2018, 06:08:15 AM
Welcome to the forum! I lived in Spain in the Province of Santander, from 1992 until 2006; a beautiful country that is being undermined by so many anti-Catholic forces.
I hope you like it here and contribute to the discussions.
Arriba Espana! Viva Cristo Rey!

It's a pleasure.

Don Pelayo

Quote from: Greg on August 27, 2018, 08:41:49 AM
What do Spaniards make of Garabandal now that Joey Lomangino is dead?

I can only find Americans and a couple of Irish people who still believe it.

Tbh i have mixed feelings, I believe that the prophecy itself can be true.

but not what the seers later said.

i guess that's the general feeling

Greg

So they trust people to relate a core prophecy correctly despite the fact that they invented all sorts of "las chorradas" later?

Interesting...

I like prophets to get the facts right.  Otherwise, I could believe parts of Bayside or Medjugoogoo and ignore the bits that are obviously wrong or stupid.

As I understand it, the basque region has a long history of peasant children seeing visions and getting messages from Heaven.  It was a fairly common occurance in the late 19th and early 20th Century.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.