Anybody interested in doing a devotion for November for the Holy Souls?

Started by diaduit, October 20, 2020, 02:31:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diaduit

I've been thinking lately that if SHTF our best army is in Heaven or Purgatory.

I've been in situations before where I need help in a dramatic way (nothing sinister) and I've had a sudden thought to call the all the Holy Souls I've ever prayed for to help me and the response was swift and positive.

Lets build our army in Heaven to help us through the next couple of months or years.

Would anyone suggest a particular prayer, De profundis being the most obvious.  Would it be good to do one small offering per day to coincide with this devotion.  Mine could be no internet before noon (my biggest browsing time is morning before the kids get up).  Keep them small but consistent.

Anyone interested?

dellery

I'm interested.

Prayer of Resignation in Death

"My most sweet Jesus, I accept the death Thou has destined for me; with all the pains that may accompany it; I unite it to Thy death, I offer it to Thee. Thou hast died for love of me; I will die for love of Thee and to please Thee."
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Prayerful

Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Bernadette

Delivery, I've found a similar offering in For. Lasance's prayers for Mass. There are some really good ones in there.
My Lord and my God.

awkwardcustomer

And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  
St Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lecture 15, para 9.

And what rough beast, it's hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
WB Yeats, 'The Second Coming'.

Acolyte

"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

diaduit

Suggestions , other suggestions welcome.

BEFORE NOON

Intention:  The morning prayer for the Holy Souls in Purgatory, that once they enter Heaven they join our Devine Army under direction from Christ the King and the Queen of Heaven to protect us during the current reign of evil.

As we are praying for souls in purgatory I suggest St Gertrude (without making a claim for 1000 souls released each time it is said, it is still a worthy prayer for suffering souls and for conversion of those whom we love in our family)

Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the masses said throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, those in my own home and within my family. Amen.

IN AFTERNOON

Intention:  That no authority however legitimate! separate Catholic families but that we all die whenever God calls us good and holy deaths.

Prayer of Resignation in Death

"My most sweet Jesus, I accept the death Thou has destined for me; with all the pains that may accompany it; I unite it to Thy death, I offer it to Thee. Thou hast died for love of me; I will die for love of Thee and to please Thee."

In the evening, maybe as part of the Rosary

Intention: To defeat the current reign of evil and restore the world's rulers and peoples as loving subjects of Christ the King.
PRAYER TO OUR QUEEN OF VICTORIES

O Mary, merciful Refuge of Sinners and Mother of all mankind! Behold how many souls are lost every hour! Behold how countless millions of those who live in India, in China, and in barbarous regions do not yet know Our Lord Jesus Christ! See, too, how many others are far from the bosom of Mother Church which is Catholic, Apostolic, and Roman! O Mary ... life of our hearts ... let not the Precious Blood and fruits of Redemption be lost for so many souls!

Grant that a ray of Heavenly light may shine forth to enlighten those many blinded understandings and to enkindle so many cold hearts. Intercede with thy Divine Son, and obtain grace for all pagans, Jews, heretics, and schismatics in the whole world to receive supernatural light and to enter with joy into the bosom of the true Church. Hear the confident prayer of the Supreme Pontiff that all nations may be united in one faith, that they may know and love Jesus Christ, the blessed fruit of thy womb ... And then all men shall love thee also, thou who art the salvation of the world, arbiter and dispenser of the treasures of God . . . And, glorifying thee, O Queen of Victories, who, by means of thy Rosary, dost trample upon all heresies, they shall acknowledge that thou givest life to all nations, since there must be a fulfilment of the prophecy: "All generations shall call me blessed." Amen.

Prayerful

Hopefully the cemeteries won't be closed down as COVID risk. Near me, there's an old c. 15th century church and some old graves in and around alongside the modern cemetery.

Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

mikemac

In addition to the above suggestions we can also add the names of our deceased loved ones to the Holy Souls Registry at America Needs Fatima.

All names listed will be included in:

1)  30-day November Novena of Masses (30 Holy Sacrifices of the Mass)

2) They will also be prayed for throughout the year by the America Needs Fatima family.

https://americaneedsfatima.org/forms/E20095.html
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

diaduit

Xavier

Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Greg

I would be but Xavier assured me WW3 happened this month.  So what is the point?

There is only 24 hours left according to his nutty priest friend.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Xavier

What a ridiculous excuse for the laziness of not participating. I already explained what Fr. Michel said in the relevant thread. The signs are clear that the Warning is near. That much is fairly certain.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Greg

Fairly certain.

Weasel words.  Come on, tell us when the warning is.

Name the month and year.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

paul14

Quote from: Xavier on October 30, 2020, 10:24:55 PM
What a ridiculous excuse for the laziness of not participating. I already explained what Fr. Michel said in the relevant thread. The signs are clear that the Warning is near. That much is fairly certain.

I saw this film 40 years ago!  What do you mean by near?

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G26eQ-4SSGA[/yt]