TV You're Watching

Started by piabee, August 02, 2013, 01:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Habitual_Ritual

For those with Netflix.... Arn, the Knight Templar is quite superb. The best TV I have viewed for some time. I have watched 4 of the 6 episodes so far.
" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)

Othmar

Quote from: Habitual_Ritual on August 05, 2013, 04:31:54 PM
For those with Netflix.... Arn, the Knight Templar is quite superb. The best TV I have viewed for some time. I have watched 4 of the 6 episodes so far.
I never finished the first episode.  :-[

The Harlequin King

That's one of my favorites. I've watched it in full at least three times.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EAqu28Dd-M[/yt]

Habitual_Ritual

Quote from: The Harlequin King on August 05, 2013, 05:14:47 PM

That's one of my favorites. I've watched it in full at least three times.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EAqu28Dd-M[/yt]

Have you seen the movie version?
" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

The Harlequin King

Quote from: Habitual_Ritual link=topic=3269.msg58886#msg58886 date=1375745132//

I'm not familiar with all the versions. I rented the Blu-ray disc version from Netflix, which as far as I know presents the entire thing as a single film including The Kingdom at Road's End.

Der Kaiser

Quote from: The Harlequin King on August 05, 2013, 05:33:36 PM
Quote from: Habitual_Ritual link=topic=3269.msg58886#msg58886 date=1375745132//

I'm not familiar with all the versions. I rented the Blu-ray disc version from Netflix, which as far as I know presents the entire thing as a single film including The Kingdom at Road's End.

Whats the running time? The DVD I have is Called Arn the Knight Templar the complete series and is 265 minutes. Make sure you watch that one. The movie version that is edited is 130 minutes long. So much is cut out it isn't even watchable compared to the full version.
"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X

The Harlequin King

Quote from: Der Kaiser on August 05, 2013, 10:19:22 PM
Whats the running time? The DVD I have is Called Arn the Knight Templar the complete series and is 265 minutes. Make sure you watch that one. The movie version that is edited is 130 minutes long. So much is cut out it isn't even watchable compared to the full version.

I feel so cheated. Okay, is this the full version? http://www.amazon.com/ARN-The-Knight-Templar-Complete/dp/B007K7IB84/ref=pd_cp_mov_0

Der Kaiser

Quote from: The Harlequin King on August 05, 2013, 10:29:52 PM
Quote from: Der Kaiser on August 05, 2013, 10:19:22 PM

I feel so cheated. Okay, is this the full version? http://www.amazon.com/ARN-The-Knight-Templar-Complete/dp/B007K7IB84/ref=pd_cp_mov_0

YES!  Ever see Red Cliff? There is a two 1/2 hour US version which is good, BUT there is a 5 hour Asian version which is PHENOMENAL. It's the same type of comparison. (Arn is good, but not as good as Red Cliff. Just saying that is how much you have been cheated) ;)
"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X

totiusque

Quote from: Der Kaiser on August 05, 2013, 10:56:44 PM
YES!  Ever see Red Cliff? There is a two 1/2 hour US version which is good, BUT there is a 5 hour Asian version which is PHENOMENAL. It's the same type of comparison. (Arn is good, but not as good as Red Cliff. Just saying that is how much you have been cheated) ;)

D'oh!  There's a 5 hour version of Red Cliff???  Gonna have to find that one....
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

The Harlequin King

Quote from: Der Kaiser on August 05, 2013, 10:56:44 PM

Red Cliff is one of my favorite movies. I did make sure to get the International Version. Damn Amerifats and our goldfish attention spans.

Bonaventure

I'm getting this Arn movie.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Habitual_Ritual

Quote from: Bonaventure on August 06, 2013, 12:23:33 AM
I'm getting this Arn movie.

Be sure it's the mini series version

The Harlequin King

I'm fully caught up on Breaking Bad now, just in time for the final episodes.

In honor of the event, here are some "better call Saul!" commercials and testimonials (not actually in the series, but relating to events within).

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPR9ORpwBEU[/yt]

I'd also add this: I didn't know one of the actors who played as one of the Salamanca cousins was actually a gangster before he became an actor. That helps explain why they were so believable.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvnHHJAvQk0[/yt]

LouisIX

They showed the cold open to the new episode at Comic Con and apparently it's quite shocking.  I'm very excited about Sunday.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.