Audio Books

Started by red solo cup, May 13, 2022, 03:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red solo cup

The Mrs likes to listen to Audio Books when she quilts. Right now she uses a library with a large collection of CDs, using a CD player. The discs constantly skip over sections or quit completely.  Plus if you stop playing you have to return to the beginning. We've looked at the condition of the discs and they look pristine but just don't play right. She doesn't want to spend the money for an iPad or iPod. The library has the capacity to download the books digitally. The computer that downloads from the library is in another room separate from the quilting. Is there a portable device that could download from the computer and then be moved to a different room to play?
non impediti ratione cogitationis

maryslittlegarden

I've bought a couple of generic mp3 players very cheap ($25-$50) from Amazon
https://librivox.org/  Librivox has tons of free books, if you like classics.  I've also downloaded them and burned my own cd's.  If you have a tablet, you could download the books on that and play them  where ever you want
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

red solo cup

We've been checking out MP3s and they seem to be the way to go. Thanks for your help.
non impediti ratione cogitationis