The Archbishop on Christ the King - Dublin 1989

Started by Prayerful, November 14, 2016, 03:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prayerful

+Lefebvre on Christ the King

Archbishop Lefebvre speaks on how Conciliarists sought to depose Christ the King, how they specifically petitioned Catholic countries to 'to abandon the prin­ciple that the Catholic religion is the public religion of the State.'

I like in particular these two paragraphs:

I remember when I visited Ireland many years ago, I met your great President, Eamonn De Valera. He was a great Catholic. He certainly would refuse to say that Jesus Christ is not King of Ireland. But after the Council the Vatican authorities requested from the President of Ireland to abandon the principle of the Kingship of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is no more publicly acclaimed King of Ireland; it is the same in many Catholic countries. The Vatican asked, for example, Italy, Colombia and other countries to abandon the prin­ciple that the Catholic religion is the public religion of the State. Why?

Jesus Christ is King of all countries, of all men; so, we must remain in, and profess this Catholic Faith. And we, personally, are very happy to celebrate this great Feast of Jesus Christ, the King, because we have this Catholic belief in the Kingship of Jesus Christ over the whole world, the universal, social Kingship of Jesus Christ. We need to do everything possible to extend this Kingdom of Jesus Christ in our souls, in our bodies, in our families, in our countries. We must extend the Kingdom of Jesus Christ in our minds by the prac­tice of the Catholic Faith. The Catholic Faith is the obedience to the Kingdom of Jesus Christ in our souls. We must extend this Kingdom of Jesus Christ in our wills, by following the laws of Jesus Christ, and in our families, so that He rules all the Catholic faithful.

It is a very good thing now that the SSPX autonomous house now uses the excellent template that the SSPX have used in recent years for their website. The SSPX are Traditionalist, but having a website for Ireland looking like something from the 90s is not part of that.

¡Viva Cristo Rey!
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Lynne

Quote from: Prayerful on November 14, 2016, 03:39:43 PM
+Lefebvre on Christ the King

Archbishop Lefebvre speaks on how Conciliarists sought to depose Christ the King, how they specifically petitioned Catholic countries to 'to abandon the prin­ciple that the Catholic religion is the public religion of the State.'

I like in particular these two paragraphs:

I remember when I visited Ireland many years ago, I met your great President, Eamonn De Valera. He was a great Catholic. He certainly would refuse to say that Jesus Christ is not King of Ireland. But after the Council the Vatican authorities requested from the President of Ireland to abandon the principle of the Kingship of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is no more publicly acclaimed King of Ireland; it is the same in many Catholic countries. The Vatican asked, for example, Italy, Colombia and other countries to abandon the prin­ciple that the Catholic religion is the public religion of the State. Why?

Jesus Christ is King of all countries, of all men; so, we must remain in, and profess this Catholic Faith. And we, personally, are very happy to celebrate this great Feast of Jesus Christ, the King, because we have this Catholic belief in the Kingship of Jesus Christ over the whole world, the universal, social Kingship of Jesus Christ. We need to do everything possible to extend this Kingdom of Jesus Christ in our souls, in our bodies, in our families, in our countries. We must extend the Kingdom of Jesus Christ in our minds by the prac­tice of the Catholic Faith. The Catholic Faith is the obedience to the Kingdom of Jesus Christ in our souls. We must extend this Kingdom of Jesus Christ in our wills, by following the laws of Jesus Christ, and in our families, so that He rules all the Catholic faithful.

It is a very good thing now that the SSPX autonomous house now uses the excellent template that the SSPX have used in recent years for their website. The SSPX are Traditionalist, but having a website for Ireland looking like something from the 90s is not part of that.

¡Viva Cristo Rey!

The new website is a VAST improvement.  :)
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Michael Wilson

Msgr Lefebvre asked the pertinent question: Why did the Vatican authorities request these above mentioned Catholic Countries to abandon the principle of the Kingship of Christ? In his book "They Have Uncrowned Him", Msgr. Responds by stating that this Catholic doctrine isn't compatible with the teaching of Vatican II on Religious Liberty; so there could no longer be states were the Catholic religion was the only officially legal religion to the exclusion of all others.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Prayerful

Quote from: Michael Wilson on November 14, 2016, 04:54:23 PM

Msgr Lefebvre asked the pertinent question: Why did the Vatican authorities request these above mentioned Catholic Countries to abandon the principle of the Kingship of Christ? In his book "They Have Uncrowned Him", Msgr. Responds by stating that this Catholic doctrine isn't compatible with the teaching of Vatican II on Religious Liberty; so there could no longer be states were the Catholic religion was the only officially legal religion to the exclusion of all others.

Yes, DIGNITATIS HUMANAE is implicitly, and to some degree explicitly, uncrowning Christ (the opening of 'A sense of the dignity of the human person has been impressing itself more and more deeply on the consciousness of contemporary man' suggests as much, making Truth a matter of choice and opinion). There is still a Feast of Christ the King in the 1970/2002 calendar, 20th November, but it is a very truncated and nominal social kingship.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Prayerful

Quote from: Kaesekopf on November 15, 2016, 10:12:22 PM
Quote from: Lynne on November 14, 2016, 04:33:53 PM
The new website is a VAST improvement.  :)

In appearance, not navigation!

It's okay. Three clicks for Mass times. They use the standard SSPX template. The old one was both ancient and not easily navigable, menu layout kept changes from page to page.

http://fsspx.ie/en>http://fsspx.ie/en/locations>http://fsspx.ie/en/community/priories

bottom of page:

http://fsspx.ie/en>http://fsspx.ie/en/community/priories

Irishcyclist

The Archbishop is correct about President DeValera.

My mother used work for the Electricity Supply Board in Dublin city centre. Beside the office where she worked was a convent.

At 2.55pm every day, the Presidents car would draw up outside the convent and the President would go inside to the convent oratory to pray
Divine Mercy 3.00pm prayers.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Prayerful on November 14, 2016, 03:39:43 PM

This is particularly important, particularly nowadays, as our culture is increasingly secular and godless. 

"They Have Uncrowned Him" was a depressing book, as well.

As an aside, aside from just... y'know, living a Catholic life, are there any solid and concrete ways we can further promote Christ the King and truly live having Him as Our King?
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Prayerful

I see working best when an elected politician sees that he but wields power on behalf of Christ Our King, that he is a vicegerent of Christ. A harmony comes from that as the ruler tries his utmost to be dutiful while the citizen's duty of obedience is ennobled.

One Peter Five had a fine short article of Quas Primas

It concludes with mention of Enthronement of the Sacred Heart in homes and the Renewal of the Consecration of the Family to the Enthroned Sacred Heart:

Most sweet Jesus, humbly kneeling at Thy feet, we renew the consecration of our family to Thy Divine Heart. Be Thou our King forever. In Thee we have full and entire confidence. May Thy spirit penetrate our thoughts, our desires, our words and our works. Bless our undertakings, share in our joys, in our trials and in our labours. Grant us to know Thee more, to serve Thee without faltering.

By the Immaculate Heart of Mary, Queen of Peace, set up Thy kingdom in our country. Enter closely into the midst of our families and make them Thine own through the solemn enthronement of Thy Sacred Heart so that no one cry may respond from home to home. May the triumphant Heart of Jesus be everywhere loved, blessed and glorified forever! Honour and glory to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and Mary. Sacred Heart of Jesus protect our families.

Amen.

I really really if can work on it first in the home and family, we can give a thought to working out how to pester reasonable politicians in the right direction.