To what are you currently listening?

Started by Bonaventure, December 26, 2012, 09:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerrorDæmonum

Not Gordon Lightfoot, at least, not as we know him, but not bad. They seem to be a themed band, science fiction.

I see comments refer to them as "ZT", but that will always be Zero Tolerance to me.

Melkor

Quote from: TerrorDæmonum on April 03, 2022, 12:37:50 PM
Not Gordon Lightfoot, at least, not as we know him, but not bad. They seem to be a themed band, science fiction.

I see comments refer to them as "ZT", but that will always be Zero Tolerance to me.

Yeah, I that's the first thing I think of when people call them ZT.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Padraig

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Prayerful

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2xrwF8SYxs[/yt]

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfUCdsLgr4Y[/yt]

I don't want to be too political but the Ukrainians made a tribute to the great Thompson song, if that's not too obvious.

It should be noted the flags in the latter are a stylised Cyrillic acronym meaning 'national interest.'

They are Russian speakers in the main and a small portion of their members are Jewish. They seem not to like Moslems, making a show of dipping bullets in pig fat, despite Ukraine's reliable on Turkish drones and a number of Chechen Moslems who fight under Ukraine as they loathe Kadyrov the cross dresser ruling them. They were born from football ultras or casuals.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuBeABAprlo[/yt]
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Maximilian

That Croatian song makes me nostalgic for Bok van Blerk:

Melkor

Vodka! Vodka! Vodka! Vodka! Hey!*

Vodka, you're feeling stronger
Vodka, no more feeling bad
Vodka, your eyes are shining
Vodka, you are the real man

Vodka, wipes away your tears
Vodka, removes your fears
Vodka, everyone is gorgeous
Vodka, yeah vodka

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Melkor

Parce, Domine, parce populo tuo:
ne in aeternum irascaris nobis.

1. Flectamus iram vindicem,
Ploremus ante Judicem;
Clamemus ore supplici,
Dicamus omnes cernui:

2. Nostris malis offendimus
Tuam Deus clementiam
Effunde nobis desuper
Remissor indulgentiam.
Refrain

3. Dans tempus acceptabile,
Da lacrimarum rivulis
Lavare cordis victimam,
Quam laeta adurat caritas.

4. Audi, benigne Conditor,
Nostras preces cum fletibus
In hoc sacro jejunio,
Fusas quadragenario.

mikemac

Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Melkor

Månegarm typically does heavier songs with harsher vocals, but on occasion they sing a very beautiful folkish tune in their native language.
I'm actually not sure what language it is, Swedish maybe?

Melkor

I'm very much a fan of heavy music, and I also hate pop. How did I end up listening to this? Darn sisters and their girly tunes.  ;D

Melkor

Melkor

Thanks Terror D, always get good music from you!

Edit: it's a very nice folk song with no metal. Do yourself a favour and listen to it.

Melkor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDTQQWSmo8s&list=RDGMEMJQXQAmqrnmK1SEjY_rKBGA&index=22

Am I the only person who listens to music? Or is everyone too scared to post their tunes for fear of scandalizing others?  ;D I dunno, maybe I just listen to too much music.

Maximilian

Quote from: Melkor on May 01, 2022, 06:37:49 PM
Am I the only person who listens to music?

Yesterday I was listening to some songs by The Judds after I heard the news that Naomi Judd passed away.