To what are you currently listening?

Started by Bonaventure, December 26, 2012, 09:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hat And Beard

LouisIX

IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Gottmitunsalex

"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Hat And Beard

Quote from: Hat And Beard on May 02, 2013, 12:00:26 PM

It's so weird, the more I listen to this, the more natural it becomes. Even though it's only John Coltrane(tenor saxophone) and a drummer, there's a lot here and I'm not getting bored with it at all. It's amazing how few voices there have to be in order for interesting music to be made-----then again, John Coltrane was a genius...

Gottmitunsalex

"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Gottmitunsalex

erin is nice

Petertherock

Darryl
Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus

"Even if Catholics faithful to Tradition are reduced to a handful, they are the ones who are the true Church of Jesus Christ." -St. Athanasius

Mono no aware

Quote from: Petertherock on May 03, 2013, 10:42:42 AM
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WotJlEk7eRk[/yt]

I was curious whether a glitzy Disney moppet like Selena Gomez would've been covering the awesome McCartney/Badfinger hit "Come and Get It," so I played the video.  It was not the same song.

:-X

Petertherock

Quote from: Mr Brocklehurst on May 03, 2013, 11:35:02 AM

I was curious whether a glitzy Disney moppet like Selena Gomez would've been covering the awesome McCartney/Badfinger hit "Come and Get It," so I played the video.  It was not the same song.

Selena's cool. She has talent and sings live at least, which is more than I can say for 90% of the Disney stars. I know she's Catholic but I don't know if she's practicing or not.

Darryl

"Even if Catholics faithful to Tradition are reduced to a handful, they are the ones who are the true Church of Jesus Christ." -St. Athanasius

Petertherock

Quote from: Petertherock on May 03, 2013, 07:17:10 PM
Quote from: Mr Brocklehurst on May 03, 2013, 11:35:02 AM

Selena's cool. She has talent and sings live at least, which is more than I can say for 90% of the Disney stars. I know she's Catholic but I don't know if she's practicing or not.

I take that back...I guess she has become a Christ denier. Looks like Disney poisons another one...

I think this might be a protty site but it still has some recent quotes from her...

http://sacns.scripturelink.net/2012/09/selena-gomez-denies-christ-literally.html

Selena Gomez denies Christ: Literally: says she isn't Christian!
Article posted by: Marc Aupiais

(SACNS)

At Toronto's Film Festival, Selena Gomez, finally denied the Christian faith she had claimed for years. The starlet wore a tight cut leopard skin dress, while relating how the film director had thought she was Christian. At the press conference, media record her shaking her head, perhaps to relay the irony of him covering up explicit pictures for her. As quoted in the Canadian Press and verified by Agence France Press and Yahoo OMG!: below:

"He thought I was super, super Christian," said Gomez, clad in a strapless animal-print dress next to her co-stars and director.

"I was like, 'If I was a Christian girl, I probably wouldn't have done this movie.'"' (Canadian Press)

Selena further noted regret that her friends, who did a threesome on camera, got more raunchy scenes, saying that she regretted not being in the strip club later in the film.

Previously Selena had related to hating judgemental church people as preventing her being herself, while in her movie which includes three-way sex, drug use, smoking, existential reasoning and topless real strippers hired to dance naked by Selena and the girls,

'I think Faith has all those church people juding her, and she's finally doing something that allows her to be free and become the person she wants to be. I'm not sure I can always relate to her in certain aspects, but to that part I did.'
Disney Dreaming | 'Selena Gomez Talks About The Paparazzi On The Set Of "Spring Breakers"' by staff at JUNE 24, 2012

After attacking church going people as judgemental in justifying her new role, Selena Gomez has gone a step further at the Toronto FIlm Festival:

'TORONTO - The first time director Harmony Korine had Disney-developed teen queen Selena Gomez over to his house to pitch her on a role in his movie "Spring Breakers," he went around first and flipped any artwork or photograph he thought might offend the hyper-wholesome star.

As the 20-year-old Gomez recounted the story to a packed press conference at the Toronto International Film Festival on Friday, she could only shake her head.

"He thought I was super, super Christian," said Gomez, clad in a strapless animal-print dress next to her co-stars and director.

"I was like, 'If I was a Christian girl, I probably wouldn't have done this movie.'"'

Vancouver Sun | 'Selena Gomez warns young fans not to see risque new film, 'Spring Breakers'' by NICK PATCH, THE CANADIAN PRESS at SEPTEMBER 7, 2012 2:10 PM

http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/all/Selena+Gomez+warns+young+fans+risque+film+Spring/7208108/story.html#ixzz25p14b3mO

also c.f. Yahoo OMG! and AFP on her comments about not being Christian

Selena at one stage claimed to be Catholic, then shifted the title to Christian upon allegedly dating Nick Jonas, where she bought a chastity ring. She gave the keepsake to Justin Bieber after wild pictures of them on a yacht appeared two years ago, at a time she insisted he was like a brother to her.

On the 3rd of June 2011, Selena Gomez was spotted wearing the same clothes as the night before upon unexpectedly spending the night at Justin Bieber's place. They have regularly shared the same room in hotels accross the world, including where only one bed was available. Up until late 2011 Selena Gomez still claimed to be Christian, 'praying' with Justin Bieber.

In her latest film, Feed The Dog, Selena will play 'the most beautiful girl in the world', who the male lead sells his sister into sex slavery to have intercourse with.

The plot of that movie is:

'While trying to get into the pants of the most beautiful girl in the world, sixteen-year-old Ric Thibault ends up in the back of a limo on the road to rock'n'roll superstardom opening up for Bowie. But on the way there he hits a bump or two – a few dead Mafia hitmen here, a nymphomaniac next door there, not to mention a few dying Latin teachers, narcoleptic nuns, inept policemen, unscrupulous lawyers, buffoon reporters, huckster televangelists and greedy relatives."'
Entertainment Wise | 'Justin Bieber Showers Selena Gomez With Kisses During Surprise Visit' by CLAIRE RUTTER at AUGUST 30, 2012

Anyway, to get back on track...

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBUKdGvBLqQ&feature=relmfu[/yt]
Darryl

Mono no aware

I don't know if the members of Badfinger are Christian, but their Come & Get It is much better than Ms. Gomez's IMO.  They were lip-syncing in the video I posted, but it was on Top of the Pops, and they obligate you to lip-sync on that show.  Oasis cleverly subverted the requirement by having Liam and Noel switch roles.  I think some other acts messed with it, too.  Siouxsie Sioux, maybe.  I forget.

Quote from: Petertherock on May 03, 2013, 07:23:58 PM
'TORONTO - The first time director Harmony Korine had Disney-developed teen queen Selena Gomez over to his house to pitch her on a role in his movie "Spring Breakers," he went around first and flipped any artwork or photograph he thought might offend the hyper-wholesome star.

As the 20-year-old Gomez recounted the story to a packed press conference at the Toronto International Film Festival on Friday, she could only shake her head.

"I was like, 'If I was a Christian girl, I probably wouldn't have done this movie.'"'

Spring Breakers should, at the very least, be an interesting movie, as it was directed by Harmony Korine who, like Gregg Araki, has the ability to make inventive and incisive if overindulgent films.  So I give S. Gomez some credit for that.  I didn't know she was in that movie, but then I realized Vanessa Hudgens is billed in it too, and I probably confused them.  Or merged them.  They're basically the same generically cute Latina Disney princess.  If Victoria Justice was in it as well, it would just be all the more redundant.

I thought this was funny:

QuoteOn the 3rd of June 2011, Selena Gomez was spotted wearing the same clothes as the night before upon unexpectedly spending the night at Justin Bieber's place. They have regularly shared the same room in hotels accross the world, including where only one bed was available. Up until late 2011 Selena Gomez still claimed to be Christian, 'praying' with Justin Bieber.

LOL.   :laugh:

"Justin Bieber" is a funny name.  "Bieber."  That's awesome.