Restoring the tradition

Started by tradcat, June 19, 2020, 04:40:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tradcat

I am Abilesh frm Srilanka. I am 14 and I am a trad. There is no tlm cekebrated in my country. But although N. O Mass is celebrated, the Srilankan parishes have not given away several traditions of the churches like:
1. No altar girls! Only altar boys
2.No communion on hand! Only on tongue and kneeling
3.There are altar rails in churches.
4. They use a plate (I don't know its name) like a thing when administering holy  communion to prevent dropping the particles.
5.No clapping and dancing in churches. 

So, as there are already some sacred traditions still being followed in my church, I don't think that it will be easy for me to establish the tridentine mass soon in my parish.  Please help me out! Please help me to establish Latin Mass in my parish. No one wills to do so. But I want to! There is only an sspx church in Negombo, very far from my place. My parents are modernists and they think I am crazy, they don't understand the necessity of tlm. So please help me out!

Lynne

Welcome! I'm sure that many ideas will be offered. I know that Father Zuhlsdorf ( https://wdtprs.com/2012/10/guest-post-follow-up-about-starting-up-a-tlm-in-a-parish/) used to post ideas.

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

St.Justin

Don't give up. All in Gods time. Good things happen to those who pray. Godspeed young man.

diaduit

diaduit

Quote from: diaduit on June 20, 2020, 08:44:34 AM
Fr losci is in Sri Lanka. Sspx , THE HOLIEST priest I've ever encountered