TV You're Watching

Started by piabee, August 02, 2013, 01:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynne

Captain Blood, starring Errol Flynn and Olivia De Havilland.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

red solo cup

Santa Clarita Diet on Netflix. Not great. Not awful. Occasional chuckle. Some profanity but no nudity.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Lynne on February 05, 2017, 04:43:33 PM

Hmm... now I need to find the Errol Flynn version of Robin Hood.  And then Danny Kaye and the Court Jester.  :):):)
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Hannelore

The Paradise, historical drama about Britain's first department store. I'm watching it for the costumes.  :lol:
My Lord and my God.

martin88nyc

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on February 14, 2017, 08:18:30 AM
Quote from: Lynne on February 05, 2017, 04:43:33 PM

Hmm... now I need to find the Errol Flynn version of Robin Hood.  And then Danny Kaye and the Court Jester.  :):):)
Here you go  :toth:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23xvcx_the-adventures-of-robin-hood-1938_shortfilms
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

red solo cup

The Collection on Amazon Prime. A drama about a post-WWII fashion house in Paris.  Lots of intrigue about what people did or didn't do to survive during the war. Good acting and writing. Unfortunately one of the main characters is a faggot and you have to endure him kissing other men and some brief frontal nudity. If you can get around that, it's a pretty good watch.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Hannelore

Oh. Whoa. :eek: I'd watch that right now, but I think I need to...prepare myself for it.  :eek: In a good way. :)
My Lord and my God.

Jayne

I'm watching more sports than I ever have in my life, now that I have my dad living with me.  I've been watching a lot of basketball lately.  I'm like a real fan, with a team that I cheer for and a favourite player and everything.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Lynne

Quote from: Jayne on February 28, 2017, 06:55:44 AM
I'm watching more sports than I ever have in my life, now that I have my dad living with me.  I've been watching a lot of basketball lately.  I'm like a real fan, with a team that I cheer for and a favourite player and everything.
hahaha I've grown to love a lot of sports. It's better (cleaner) than a lot of the junk that's on TV now. I'm excited to be heading into the baseball season.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Kaesekopf

Baseball!!!!!

GO BREW CREW!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Hannelore

Quote from: Jayne on February 28, 2017, 06:55:44 AM

This is so sweet. It reminds me of when I was little, and decided that I loved the Oakland Raiders (and grape jelly :lol:) best, because my dad did. :)
My Lord and my God.

dymphna17

So that's all you have to do to get Kaese's attention, Lynne?  There's a secret that should have been shared ages ago.   :lol:

We've been watching 'Desperate Hours'.  Tonight, for us, was Nuclear Meltdown and Sea Voyages gone awry.  Just what you want to watch before you go to bed.   ::)

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Kaesekopf

Quote from: dymphna17 on February 28, 2017, 08:16:58 PM
So that's all you have to do to get Kaese's attention, Lynne?  There's a secret that should have been shared ages ago.   [emoji38]

We've been watching 'Desperate Hours'.  Tonight, for us, was Nuclear Meltdown and Sea Voyages gone awry.  Just what you want to watch before you go to bed.   ::)
Packers, wisconsin, Milwaukee, Dominicans, beer, brewers...

These are a few of my favorite things...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Hannelore

^ I only thanked this for the Dominicans and the Sound of Music reference.  ;)
My Lord and my God.