Done Anything Fun Lately?

Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom Passerini

Quote from: Heinrich on April 10, 2013, 05:02:10 PM
That sounds like a winner of a night, regardless.

It was good fun.  I like mixing it up on occasion with well dressed people out for a night of good, clean fun.  I like seeing my wife super dressed up and slammin' too, but she actually dresses up quite a bitin her day-to-day.  I had slacks and a coat and my "I am Mr Darcy" tshirt on...Probably the most dressed-down person there.  What can I say, I do so much concert stuff that when I actually get to attend as part of the audience I just like to be comfortable.
a sparrow all alone on the housetop

Dom Passerini

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on April 10, 2013, 05:23:40 PM
Quote from: Dom Passerini on April 10, 2013, 01:59:50 AM
The wife and I took one of our priests to dinner and then to a performance of Mozart's Marriage of Figaro the other night.  I gotta say, I have mixed emotions.  We had fun but I seriously hate sitting through opera if I'm not working in the pit.  Plus, it's Mozart, so it's high quality music, but a lot of it's boring.  I've probably sat through 10 or 15 operas but this was only my 2nd time sitting in the audience.  I prefer the pit.  To top it off I asked the wife how much the tickets were and the conversation went like this:

Me: How much were the tickets?
Her: $78
Me: Oh, that's not so bad
Her: Each
Me:  :o

Honestly, I'm a musician married to an artist...I'm not made out of money!

But ya, it was fun anyway.

Figaro is boring?

No.  Well, yes, but no.  But yes.  Ya know?  No?  Ok.

Dom Passerini

Quote from: piabee on April 10, 2013, 05:57:13 PM
Quote from: Archer on April 10, 2013, 05:28:04 PM
Obviously you were at the wrong opera house.

Or the wrong opera! That aria is from the Barber of Seville, although it is sung by the same character as Figaro in the Marriage of Figaro.

Good catch, pia.

dymphna17

Not quite as cultured as the rest of you all, but we spent the first weekend with temperatures in the 70s riding, flying, and shooting.  I finally got to drive the Weedhopper (Hubby's ultralight) without him running behind me holding the wing.  I should be flying soon, if he can calm down enough.  lol  Then a friend took me for a ride in his powered parachute.  The thermals were crazy aloft so it made for a really fun ride.  Next time he said he'd let me have control.  I can't wait!

Then we met some folks that have alot of land that is set up for shooting.  He is a gun dealer and has the whole setup.  We brought our own weapons and then got to shoot the .40 I bought from him.  It was alot of fun.  Even the 4 year old got involved with his bb gun.  He was so cute in his little earmuffs.  So serious.  It's nice to meet decent people.  So all in all it was a really fun weekend after some really bad weeks.  Deo Gratias!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

piabee

I made $80 selling parking to attendees of the sold-out Green Day concert at the Greek Theater. Lumineers on Friday!

Kaesekopf

Quote from: piabee on April 16, 2013, 07:28:24 PM
I made $80 selling parking to attendees of the sold-out Green Day concert at the Greek Theater. Lumineers on Friday!

Very nice!

What's a Lumineer?
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

stitchmom

Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 16, 2013, 07:29:43 PM
Quote from: piabee on April 16, 2013, 07:28:24 PM

Very nice!

What's a Lumineer?

Dental veneers.  :P

piabee

Greg

Quote from: Archer on April 10, 2013, 05:28:04 PM
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFFOHqx520E[/yt]

Obviously you were at the wrong opera house.

Never do a cultural joke without Googling first.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: piabee on April 16, 2013, 08:05:15 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 16, 2013, 07:29:43 PM
What's a Lumineer?

I'm sure you've heard "Ho Hey." This is getting airtime now.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1iDBtcEm0w[/yt]

Oh.  Cool.  My younger brother likes them.  #random
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Archer

Quote from: Greg on April 22, 2013, 05:28:44 PM
Never do a cultural joke without Googling first.

Thanks, but I think I got the point after the first 2 people pointed it out. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Eliza

I went mushroom hunting on Saturday. I didn't find any. Too cold yet. It was fun, though!

tmw89

Played three games of Scrabble with my family today.
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

Eliza

Quote from: tmw89 on April 23, 2013, 02:46:39 PM

That is fun! Did you win?

tmw89

Quote from: Eliza on April 23, 2013, 02:52:51 PM
Quote from: tmw89 on April 23, 2013, 02:46:39 PM

That is fun! Did you win?

Two out of three!
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!