Apartment in the Vatican

Started by Greg, April 18, 2018, 04:26:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

http://44vaticano.wixsite.com/vaticansedge

This is the place I stayed with Mrs. Greg and the three oldest children recently.  If you're going to Rome with a group it's a good choice compared to hotels or other apartments.

Dealt directly with the agent who works for the owner.  He's very mild mannered and easy to deal with with good English.  Place is very easy to look after, no statues to knock over or works of art and everything screwed down and Ikea type furniture and wipe clean.  No curtains (has metal shutters).  Has super views of NW Rome from a large wrap around balcony where you can eat.  Easy to pay deposit, he arranged a minibus pick up from the airport which was cheap.  Bottle of wine, cake and strawberries when we got there.

Internet was reliable and fast, which is important for me because I had some meetings.  Trad mass on Sunday is a 40 minute walk to the FSSP or a 15 min underground ride to another Church.

Even let us use the apartment until 6:30pm on the Sunday we left so we did not need to early check-out.  That's got definite value.  I went and had a sleep from 3pm to 5:30pm while the rest were walking around Rome.

If you are thinking of going to Rome bookmark it.  You could do a lot worse.  4 nights was around $800 USD.  It's ideal for the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and Vatican but we walked everywhere in Rome too and from the apartment and it certainly wasn't FAR FAR away though it can look like that on the map.  Rome is pretty small.  You can walk across it in about 1 hour at a good pace.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Elizabeth

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Greg on April 18, 2018, 04:26:54 AM
http://44vaticano.wixsite.com/vaticansedge

This is the place I stayed with Mrs. Greg and the three oldest children recently.  If you're going to Rome with a group it's a good choice compared to hotels or other apartments.

Dealt directly with the agent who works for the owner.  He's very mild mannered and easy to deal with with good English.  Place is very easy to look after, no statues to knock over or works of art and everything screwed down and Ikea type furniture and wipe clean.  No curtains (has metal shutters).  Has super views of NW Rome from a large wrap around balcony where you can eat.  Easy to pay deposit, he arranged a minibus pick up from the airport which was cheap.  Bottle of wine, cake and strawberries when we got there.

Internet was reliable and fast, which is important for me because I had some meetings.  Trad mass on Sunday is a 40 minute walk to the FSSP or a 15 min underground ride to another Church.

Even let us use the apartment until 6:30pm on the Sunday we left so we did not need to early check-out.  That's got definite value.  I went and had a sleep from 3pm to 5:30pm while the rest were walking around Rome.

If you are thinking of going to Rome bookmark it.  You could do a lot worse.  4 nights was around $800 USD.  It's ideal for the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and Vatican but we walked everywhere in Rome too and from the apartment and it certainly wasn't FAR FAR away though it can look like that on the map.  Rome is pretty small.  You can walk across it in about 1 hour at a good pace.

Thanks for the link, Greg :)

The pictures look great. And you are right, the price seems fair, especially with a full kitchen.

Are you able to share some pictures of the places you all visited (without people in them ;)) just the sights, Churches, etc.?

How much was the minibus pick up from the airport?
It seems like you all had a lovely time :cheeseheadbeer: Thanks for sharing.

Greg

I don't take pictures.  My wife does, 50 per day, including every meal she eats.

If you want pictures of what I saw then look up tourism sites of Rome in Google images.

I just did the usual tourist stuff.  Well half of it anyway she and the children did all of it and I snuck off for an afternoon nap
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Chestertonian

Is it nicer than where pope Francis sleeps
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Greg

I doubt that.  Pretty sure he doesn't sleep on an IKEA bed.

Christe Eleison