What are you currently reading?

Started by Francisco Suárez, December 26, 2012, 09:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Bernadette on September 29, 2016, 06:13:12 PM
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Can't believe it's been all these years!  :o

That one is next on my list -I've been working my way through the series.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

piabee

Kaesekopf

Quote from: piabee on October 03, 2016, 12:19:44 AM
The Devil in the White City.

Good book.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

zork

The Mystery of the Blue Train by Agatha Christie (1928)
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

abc123

martin88nyc

everything at hand but trying to focus on The Samurai and read all of my back issues of CFnews
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

red solo cup

My Life with the Saints by James Martin, SJ
non impediti ratione cogitationis

martin88nyc

"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Birdie

The House of Arden, by Edith Nesbit.  ;D My absolute favorite of her books, closely followed by Harding's Luck and The Wonderful Garden.
My Lord and my God.

Jacob

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

red solo cup

Quote from: martin88nyc on October 13, 2016, 05:19:13 PM
Quote from: red solo cup on October 13, 2016, 12:43:49 PM
James Martin is a liberal
Indeed. And the book was filled with Jesuitical nonsense.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Lynne

Quote from: red solo cup on October 14, 2016, 04:27:32 AM
Quote from: martin88nyc on October 13, 2016, 05:19:13 PM
Quote from: red solo cup on October 13, 2016, 12:43:49 PM
James Martin is a liberal
Indeed. And the book was filled with Jesuitical nonsense.

God bless you! I couldn't read that. I hope you borrowed it from the library.  :)
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Christina_S

Starting The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco tonight.
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

martin88nyc

Quote from: Christina_S on October 15, 2016, 06:18:48 PM
Is the movie version similar to the book? Does it follow the plot closely?

Jacob

Quote from: martin88nyc on October 15, 2016, 07:26:32 PM
Quote from: Christina_S on October 15, 2016, 06:18:48 PM
Is the movie version similar to the book? Does it follow the plot closely?

Eh...  The same basic plot, but not major details and the conclusion.

Christina, The Name of the Rose is worth a read, but can be hard to get through if you're not committed.  Good luck.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson