What are you currently reading?

Started by Francisco Suárez, December 26, 2012, 09:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoyfulMother

Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 20, 2014, 07:51:54 AM
Quote from: JoyfulMother on January 19, 2014, 04:41:55 PM
Archbishop Lefebvre & the Vatican.  Found on-line here:  http://www.sspxasia.com/Documents/Archbishop-Lefebvre/Archbishop_Lefebvre_and_the_Vatican/prologue.htm

This is really good, as you already know.

I'd encourage you, if you want to learn more about the SSPX, Rome, etc, read "Pro Apologia" as well.

Do you have an e-reader?  I seriously need to post the "ebook" I made out of the files from SSPX Asia.

I wish I had an e-reader.   Reading on-line is a pain.

I am also reading "Pro Apologia" as well.   Great book.  Makes me wish I had had the chance to meet the Abp. in person.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 20, 2014, 07:51:54 AM
Quote from: JoyfulMother on January 19, 2014, 04:41:55 PM
Archbishop Lefebvre & the Vatican.  Found on-line here:  http://www.sspxasia.com/Documents/Archbishop-Lefebvre/Archbishop_Lefebvre_and_the_Vatican/prologue.htm

This is really good, as you already know.

I'd encourage you, if you want to learn more about the SSPX, Rome, etc, read "Pro Apologia" as well.

Do you have an e-reader?  I seriously need to post the "ebook" I made out of the files from SSPX Asia.

Let us know if you do, I'd love to read those on my kindle.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Deirdre

My Lord and my God.

Mono no aware

Arun

Mr Brocklehurst, that looks like one weird-ass book my man... whats it about?

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Mono no aware

Quote from: Arun on January 25, 2014, 10:53:52 PM
Mr Brocklehurst, that looks like one weird-ass book my man... whats it about?

So far, not much.  But I only just started it.  I assume a plot will take shape eventually.  The book jacket is vague and unhelpful concerning plot points.  It tells me instead that "THE MAGUS is a maze, a dark door.  Once through that door, however, the reader is drawn on by the story, by its strangeness, by its fascination, by its intricately woven web of suspense until he has followed the labyrinth to its center and to its compelling climax."

Der Kaiser

For "serious" reading Revolt against the Modern World by Julius Evola
For "Fun" Die Nibelungenlied
"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X

Angelorum

"All men naturally desire to know, but what does knowledge avail without the fear of God? Indeed an humble peasant, that serves God, is better than a proud philosopher, who neglecting himself, considers the course of the heavens." - Thomas à Kempis, Imitation of Christ

Clare

Out of the Silent Planet (Cosmic Trilogy), C S Lewis.
Motes 'n' Beams blog

Feel free to play the Trivia Quiz!

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux

ChristConquers

Quote from: Der Kaiser on January 27, 2014, 06:27:17 PM
For "serious" reading Revolt against the Modern World by Julius Evola
For "Fun" Die Nibelungenlied

I've read Revolt three times and still can't figure out what tradition really is. Jokes aside, wonderful book and I am glad to see others interested in Evola.
Do not think that I came to send peace upon earth: I came not to send peace, but the sword.

Life is a workshop of hierarchies. Only death is democratic.

Whoever says that he "belongs to his time" is only saying that he agrees with the largest number of fools at that moment.

- Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Clare

Just about to start Perelandra now.
Motes 'n' Beams blog

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux

maryslittlegarden

Michael Wilson

Quote from: Clare on January 30, 2014, 12:27:10 PM
I read the C.S. Lewis trilogy a long time ago. I mostly remember "That Hideous Strenght", of the three.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Clare

Quote from: Michael Wilson on January 30, 2014, 05:00:11 PM
Quote from: Clare on January 30, 2014, 12:27:10 PM
I read the C.S. Lewis trilogy a long time ago. I mostly remember "That Hideous Strenght", of the three.
I'm looking forward to tackling that one after Perelandra. I've heard interesting things about it. I can't remember what, exactly, but I know it sounded good! It seems to be longer than the first two books combined.
Motes 'n' Beams blog