We are new to the forum and want to say HI

Started by we two, October 27, 2022, 06:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

we two

Hi fellow Christians
My husband and i have just been approved to join the forum and very happy to be here.
we are a Christian couple, and we are going to try to share this profile. We are looking forward to some good discussions and meeting some forum friends. I am not sure how much we will be on in the next few days since it looks like the Minnesota weather is going to be great before it turns cold. Plus, my husband is leaving tomorrow to harvest firewood down in Iowa over the weekend. Anyway, feel free to say HI!

Lynne

Welcome! This is unique, I'm pretty sure that no couple ever shared a profile here before.

:cheeseheadbeer:
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Melkor

All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Kent

I do profess to be no less than I seem, to serve him truly
that will put me in trust, to love him that is honest, to
converse with him that is wise and says little, to fear
judgment, to fight when I cannot choose, and to eat no fish.

we two

Quote from: Lynne on October 27, 2022, 06:48:36 PM
Welcome! This is unique, I'm pretty sure that no couple ever shared a profile here before.

Hi Lynne and thanks for the welcome
I didn't think of it earlier but maybe it is confusing with us both on the profile

we two

Quote from: Kent on October 28, 2022, 07:47:41 AM
Are you interested in becoming Catholic?
Hi Kent and thanks for the post.

Both my husband and me were raised Catholic and still respect the Catholic Faith and especially the great people who make up the followers. You could say that we just found another Faith that because of our lifestyle, we are more comfortable, and we hope that is respected on here.

we two

Lynne

Maybe I didn't notice your picture before but it's pretty inappropriate for a Catholic forum. Please change it.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

diaduit

Their scammers, vox reported another thread they started on nudity.

To be honest, I've been getting the whiff of a series of these fake accounts like youngfogey and ave maria thats why I thanked Kent, nothing in their original post said 'we're interested in Catholicism'.

we two

I will admit that I am getting started at this thread a little late since it looks like my wife is at home in Minnesota and started it last night and I am down here in Iowa and just opened it. Nevertheless, I think I can take over the communication.
To be honest, I think we would start worshipping in the Catholic community however it is quite clear that our nudist lifestyle is not welcomed there. We do realize public nudity is not for everyone however, as we study the Bible, we can find no condemnation of public nudity there.

diaduit

Quote from: we two on October 29, 2022, 03:29:59 AM
I will admit that I am getting started at this thread a little late since it looks like my wife is at home in Minnesota and started it last night and I am down here in Iowa and just opened it. Nevertheless, I think I can take over the communication.
To be honest, I think we would start worshipping in the Catholic community however it is quite clear that our nudist lifestyle is not welcomed there. We do realize public nudity is not for everyone however, as we study the Bible, we can find no condemnation of public nudity there.

gtfooh

we two

I may go naked in public however; I always watch my language in mixed company.
So I guess we all have different standards on different moral issues

clau clau

Ignore is such a useful feature.  Thanks KK.
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

we two

Any honest open discussion is so much better than to just ignore.
Probably something this country could use right now.