Hello

Started by abc123, April 01, 2016, 11:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abc123

Figure since I've been posting for a little while I should at least introduce myself.

What brings you to SD? All you fine people of course
Are you a member of other Internet fora?  If so, care to mention which one(s)? No
Why did you choose your username and avatar? My avatar is St. Mark of Ephesus. My username reflects my lack of imagination.
What is your state of life - single, married, religious, or still discerning? Married with 6 kids
Whereabouts do you live "in real life"? (be as specific or as general as you wish!) American South
Personality type? Melancholic mostly
Favorite books? Father Seraphim Rose: His Life and Works, Unseen Warfare, My Life in Christ by St. John of Kronstadt
Favorite movies? Gettysburg, Braveheart, Gladiator, LOTR and Hobbit
Favorite TV shows? Don't watch TV
Favorite sports/teams Notre Dame football, New Jersey Devils
Have any hobbies? Reading theology books
Pet peeves: dogs
Fun random fact about yourself: My great-great-great granduncle was a Catholic bishop consecrated by pope Gregory XVI.

LausTibiChriste

Welcome! Devils are alright - Schneider is solid and I'm happy to see Smith-Pelly performing...Mtl never gave him a chance
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Michael Wilson

Welcome to S.D. I hope you like it here. :beer:
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

red solo cup

As a Devil's fan I'm sure your aware there are no Canadian teams in the playoffs this year. ;) Anyhoo, welcome.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Jayne

Welcome to the forum.  Thanks for doing an intro.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Kaesekopf

About time!  It's been... how long?  ;)

Welcome (officially)!
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Prayerful

Welcome, I don't think I ever did an intro, beyond maybe a slight hi.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

dymphna17

Well, hello there!  Glad you are here, abc123.   :seeya:

And you as well, Prayerful!   ;) :seeya:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Prayerful on April 02, 2016, 07:25:11 PM
Welcome, I don't think I ever did an intro, beyond maybe a slight hi.

Get on it, bud
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Cesar_Augustus

Heinrich

Do you prefer to deadlift with a straightbar or a trapbar? Who is your favorite Confederate General?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

abc123

Quote from: Heinrich on April 04, 2016, 07:53:22 PM
Do you prefer to deadlift with a straightbar or a trapbar? Who is your favorite Confederate General?

Straightbar, although I've been lazy recently and haven't gotten to the gym in a few months.

My favorite Confederate general would be Lt. General James Longstreet since he is a distant relation on my maternal side.

Thank you all for the welcome.

St.Justin

Quote from: abc123 on April 05, 2016, 03:27:21 AM
Quote from: Heinrich on April 04, 2016, 07:53:22 PM

Straightbar, although I've been lazy recently and haven't gotten to the gym in a few months.

My favorite Confederate general would be Lt. General James Longstreet since he is a distant relation on my maternal side.

Thank you all for the welcome.

Jeb Stuart is mine he was named after my dog.