Coming persecution against those who do not submit

Started by TradGranny, May 17, 2021, 01:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TradGranny

"A time is coming when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him, saying, 'You are mad; you are not like us.'"

— St. Anthony the Great
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

Insanis

Coming? It has been ongoing.

Accusations of madness are actually far more frequent: it started with Our Lord and the Apostles, to Paul, to many saints.

The USSR used psychiatry as a weapon against all manner of dissidents (including faithful religious people) for their "madness" evident in their opposition to the insane policies of the Marxist polices (see: Sluggish Schizophrenia).

There is a possible error in waiting for an obvious explicit persecution: it is going on around us all the time. Waiting for the coming persecution might indicate we are not aware of the current. It isn't always straightforward like it was in the USSR.

james03

In the US, right now, we have political prisoners locked in solitary confinement.  Some on what will turn out to be misdemeanor trespass, and others for no crime except thought crime, i.e. they didn't even enter the building.  NONE of these political prisoners are charged with a violent crime.  So the persecution is already started.

QuoteThe USSR used psychiatry as a weapon against all manner of dissidents

Key word, weapon.  I take the prophesy to mean mad people will actually believe normal people are insane.  Look at the muzzle madness.  People actually think those who refuse to wear the muzzle are nuts and are all going to die.  Or that raising questions about the "water main break" at the Georgia vote counting center means we're insane. 

"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

TradGranny

Quote from: Insanis on May 17, 2021, 01:42:57 PM
Coming? It has been ongoing.

Duh. It's about to get exponentially worse than losing one's home and business for refusing to bake a gay cake.
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila