The Church Door > Coffee and Donuts

Hello

(1/4) > >>

VivaCristoRey:
I joined a couple of years ago but didn't post anything at the time.  I'm back and I'm hoping to get more involved here.  I found this intro form on here, so here are my answers:

What brings you to SD? I'm hoping to continue to learn more about the traditional Catholic faith and to develop online bonds with other traditional Catholics.
Are you a member of other Internet fora?  If so, care to mention which one(s)?: I have been a member of other fora, some Catholic and some non-Catholic.
Why did you choose your username and avatar?: I haven't chosen an avatar, yet, but my username was chosen in honor of Our Lord and King, Jesus Christ.
What is your state of life - single, married, religious, or still discerning?: Single.
Whereabouts do you live "in real life"? (be as specific or as general as you wish!): A few hours from Chicago.
Personality type?: I'm a quiet, reserved type.  Despite that, I prefer to be in the company of others.
Favorite books?: I enjoy science fiction and post-apocalyptic fiction.  My favorite book is probably "The Postman" by David Brin.
Favorite movies?: I love the first six Star Wars films.  Outside of that, I enjoy most of Mel Gibson's productions, including "Apocalypto," "The Patriot," and "Braveheart."
Favorite TV shows?: Classic scifi shows like "Lost in Space" and the original Star Trek series.
Favorite sports/teams: I don't watch sports.
Have any hobbies?: Fishing, reading a good book, collecting vintage computers and software.
Pet peeves: Modernism, liberalism, the MSM.
Fun random fact about yourself: I am ambidextrous.

Fleur-de-Lys:
Welcome, VivaCristoRey! Very nice username! Do you speak Spanish?  :)

VivaCristoRey:
Unfortunately, no, I don't speak Spanish.  I retain just a slight knowledge of it from my school days, maybe enough to ask for help or something.  :)  But when I registered a couple years ago, I had just learned about the Cristero War and the martyrdom of Fr. Miguel Pro.  So, I suppose the phrase was still fresh in my mind.

mikemac:
Welcome

Jayne:
Welcome to (becoming active on) the forum.  I used to read a lot of science fiction and I vaguely recall liking something by David Brin ages ago. At this point, I do not even remember what, although it was not The Postman. Does it have Catholic themes?  Would you recommend it for a traditional Catholic? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version