What's cooking?

Started by Ancilla Domini, September 24, 2013, 11:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ancilla Domini

Tomorrow I'm going to be frying catfish and potatoes and making cole slaw.  :)

Basilios

I tried making challah today (even had the new thread tab open ready to post pics) but against my better judgement I used 3 year old yeast... which not surprisingly meant that the dough didn't rise. So that sucked.

But otherwise, I'm cutting (dat dere dreamer bulk is over son) at the moment so based on my tracking here is the gist of what I ate today:

600ml milk
40g oats
450g chicken breast fillets
340g potatoes
250g spinach
50g brocolli
A few mushrooms
125g cottage cheese
40g cheddar cheese
1 80g banana
1 100g avocado
Protein enriched yoghurt (160g)
5 eggs
2 cookies

BAM. Leaving me with roughly 2300cals for the day, broken down into something like 210g protein, 200g carbs, 70g fat (not as high as I needed but meh).
Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth: and a door round about my lips. Incline not my heart to evil words.

piabee

Quote from: Basilios on October 10, 2013, 12:44:00 PM
against my better judgement I used 3 year old yeast

Purge out the old leaven.

Ancilla Domini

Tomorrow I'm making Chinese roast pork and vegetable fried rice.

Ancilla Domini

The weather has turned cold here, so tonight I'm making a beef stew and a loaf of bread for dipping in it.  :)

piabee

Quote from: tradne4163 on October 01, 2013, 11:26:14 AM
I hope to be able to make monster cookies within the next few days. If you don't know, those cookies are oatmeal, peanut butter, chocolate chip, and m & m cookies all rolled into one delicious treat. More than likely, I'll be making giant ones.

How did they turn out? Do you have a recipe to share?

Last night I made the cover recipe of Plenty using eggplants and a pomegranate that parishioners had brought to church from their gardens. Turned out delicious even though I am not the biggest eggplant fan and I had to sub almost all the spices (dried thyme plus lemon zest totally equals fresh lemon thyme, right?). N. B. Your kitchen will look like a crime scene after dissecting a pomegranate.

verenaerin

I am roasting a chicken with sweet potatoes, leeks, mushrooms, and a turnip. This is an experiment so we will see how it turns out.

tradne4163

I apologize for not seeing this sooner. I haven't had a chance to buy all the ingredients as I had planned. Perhaps within the next week or so. I'll share the recipe once I figure out which one I'm doing. Right now, I really like the idea of a version with a variety of different M & Ms (regular, peanut, maybe some peanut butter filled ones if I really want the PB overload, or perhaps even some pretzel ones if they still make them).
Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

Take any post I write with a grain of salt. I've been wrong before, and can be again

Megmary

Since its Halloween I think these would make for a delicious treat!

Six minute homemade Caramels.  ;D

Fatima Prayers:
"O my God. I believe. I adore. I hope and I love Thee. I ask pardon for those who do not believe, do not adore, do not hope and do not love Thee."
"Most Holy Trinity. I adore Thee! My God, my God, I love Thee in the Most Blessed Sacrament."
"O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fire of Hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who have most need of Thy mercy."

Larry

Nothing cooking, but I just ate some fun size Nestle Crunch Bars for Halloween.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

tradne4163

Quote from: piabee on October 23, 2013, 12:41:31 PM
Quote from: tradne4163 on October 01, 2013, 11:26:14 AM
I hope to be able to make monster cookies within the next few days. If you don't know, those cookies are oatmeal, peanut butter, chocolate chip, and m & m cookies all rolled into one delicious treat. More than likely, I'll be making giant ones.

How did they turn out? Do you have a recipe to share?

Last night I made the cover recipe of Plenty using eggplants and a pomegranate that parishioners had brought to church from their gardens. Turned out delicious even though I am not the biggest eggplant fan and I had to sub almost all the spices (dried thyme plus lemon zest totally equals fresh lemon thyme, right?). N. B. Your kitchen will look like a crime scene after dissecting a pomegranate.
I meant to respond to this with the quote below. Sorry about the mistake.

Quote from: tradne4163 on October 30, 2013, 12:23:38 AM
I apologize for not seeing this sooner. I haven't had a chance to buy all the ingredients as I had planned. Perhaps within the next week or so. I'll share the recipe once I figure out which one I'm doing. Right now, I really like the idea of a version with a variety of different M & Ms (regular, peanut, maybe some peanut butter filled ones if I really want the PB overload, or perhaps even some pretzel ones if they still make them).
Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

Take any post I write with a grain of salt. I've been wrong before, and can be again

Ancilla Domini

Can't decide between beef Stroganoff and Swedish meatballs...

moneil

My regular Friday off before a working weekend with the cows, and needed to make a soup for lunch the next several days.

Close to 3 lbs. of hamburer.
A pound and a half of lentils.
A full bunch of celery diced; I HATE recipies that say "3 stalks of celery"; one can't usually buy "3 stalks", gotta buy the whole buch, what is one gonna do with the rest if it doesn't all go into the pot  :doh: .
A WHOLE sweet onion, diced.
One can of diced tomatoes.
One can of V8 juice.
Two cans of corn.
3-4 bay leaves, salt, pepper, Worchestershire sauce, cumin, lots of garlic.

It's in the crock pot for over night.  Will ladle some out to take for my lunch at work tomorrow.

zork

Quote from: Ancilla Domini on September 30, 2013, 04:35:12 PM
Quote from: tradne4163 on September 30, 2013, 03:20:50 PM
Thinking about making some German food.  :bronx:

You ain't hurting nobody but yourself!  :lol:

Stow that kind of talk, sister. I have everything I need to make Spätzle, and I'll cook some just out of spite! (And because I like Spätzle...)
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Ancilla Domini

Quote from: vakarian on November 09, 2013, 09:09:28 PM
Quote from: Ancilla Domini on September 30, 2013, 04:35:12 PM
Quote from: tradne4163 on September 30, 2013, 03:20:50 PM
Thinking about making some German food.  :bronx:

You ain't hurting nobody but yourself!  :lol:

Stow that kind of talk, sister. I have everything I need to make Spätzle, and I'll cook some just out of spite! (And because I like Spätzle...)

Knock yourself out, Darlin'!  :lol: