Official FSSP Publication - "We rejoice over the canonization of John Paul II"

Started by ADMG, August 04, 2014, 12:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADMG

The latest official "Letter to Friends and Benefactors" by the French FSSP district signed by their French district superior expresses the entire fraternity's delight over the canonization of JP2 and John XXIII. Note that this is the FSSP's largest and most important district.

QuoteEditorial June 2014

Dear Friends and Benefactors,
two popes have recently been canonized. Our fraternity, placed under the patronage of St Peter, rejoices in the recognition of the sanctity of his successors. The FSSP was born under the pontificate of John Paul II. He encouraged and gave our founders his blessing (support) in 1988 (...)

Coming from a country where the Faith was persecuted, John Paul II taught Catholics throughout the world to not be afraid to proclaim their faith (...)

"With a giant's strengh, a strengh given by God" (Benedict XVI) he halted the movement of secularization which seemed irreversible and (helped) bring about the fall of communism in Europe.

"This man whose sanctity has been proclaimed by the church does not cease to be our guardian or to show us the way to contemplation of the "Splendor of Truth"

The rest, if you can stomach it (French)

:vomit:

Greg

This sort of shit really makes me wonder what else has been covered up or papered over through history.

People's ability to be willfully blind, enmasse, is very troubling, TO SAY THE LEAST.

How many times in history has a century passed by and people simply sided with the winners and re-written history to justify how the winners came to "win".
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Kaesekopf

Well, Europe traded communist-driven atheism for material-driven atheism. 

Why the FSSP DisSup lied to his faithful saying that the march of secularism was halted is beyond me.

But, hey, once a compromiser, always a compromiser.  What made you think they'd have a backbone now, after 30 years in the Conciliar apparatus?
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Older Salt

As Canonisations are infallible, Catholics should rejoice that one of them is in heaven.

Not what that person's opinions may have been, but that he is enjoys the Beatific Vision.
Stay away from the near occasion of sin

Unless one is deeply attached to the Blessed Virgin Mary, now in time, it impossible to attain salvation.

zork

Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter: Post-conciliar compromising since 1988.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

BigMelvin

Quote from: Older Salt on August 04, 2014, 03:30:21 PM
As Canonisations are infallible, Catholics should rejoice that one of them is in heaven.

Not what that person's opinions may have been, but that he is enjoys the Beatific Vision.

Presumably the rejoicing in the sanctity of the two Popes in the O.P. refers primarily to their papacies, not the sanctity they would be blessed with in heaven, so its about more for the FSSP that anybody enjoying the Beatific Vision :(
I saw the sun go down, on dreams of a utopian evermore...

Modernism controls its victims in the name of obedience, thanks to the suspicion of pride which is cast on any criticism of their reforms, in the name of respect for the Pope, in the name of missionary zeal, of charity, and of unity."
– Fr. Roger Calmel OP, Letter of 8th August, 1973

"In reference to the created intellect, however, (and specifically to the human) things may be said to be false when by their appearances they invite misconception of their true nature"
H.D. Gardeil, O.P., Introduction to the Philosophy of St. Thomas Aquinas, Vol. 4: Metaphysics, 138.

Roland Deschain2

They know where their bread is buttered.

This is disappointing to say the least.
"To our personal enemies, according to Christ's commandment, we must forgive everything; but with the enemies of God we cannot have peace!"- Archbishop Averky

"Life is a play in which for a short time one man represents a judge, another a general, and so on; after the play no further account is made of the dignity which each one had."- St John Chrysostom

Sbyvl36

Quote from: Kaesekopf on August 04, 2014, 02:16:41 PM
Well, Europe traded communist-driven atheism for material-driven atheism. 

Why the FSSP DisSup lied to his faithful saying that the march of secularism was halted is beyond me.

But, hey, once a compromiser, always a compromiser.  What made you think they'd have a backbone now, after 30 years in the Conciliar apparatus?

Agreed.  The FSSP is completely spineless.  This is probably just an attempt to kiss up to Rome and gain Francis' favor.
My blog: sbyvl.wordpress.com

"Hold firmly that our faith is identical with that of the ancients. Deny this, and you dissolve the unity of the Church."
--St. Thomas Aquinas

"Neither the true faith nor eternal salvation is to be found outside the Holy Catholic Church."
--Pope Pius IX

"That the Conciliar Church is a schismatic Church, because it breaks with the Catholic Church that has always been. It has its new dogmas, its new priesthood, its new institutions, its new worship, all already condemned by the Church in many a document, official and definitive."
--Archbishop Lefebvre

Heliocentricism is idiocy.

Kaesekopf

Of course, to be somewhat fair, we also ought recall that a few priests were permitted into the FSSP (wrongly, IMHO) and led to Protocol 1411/99. 

But those guys weren't District Superiors, IIRC.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Maximilian

Quote from: Greg on August 04, 2014, 02:09:59 PM

How many times in history has a century passed by and people simply sided with the winners and re-written history to justify how the winners came to "win".

Pretty much all the time.

Greg

Kind of makes you wonder about "tradition" then.

What else was ditched historically?

To what extent has the Church caved in and made pragmatic deals with secular powers post Constantine?  Adjusted itself to fit a new cage.

Is Vatican II and the "new springtime" really THAT new a concept or have clerics been behaving like this for centuries and simply burning or burying the witness statements which would leave an historical alternative view?

Let's hypothesise that changes happened in the 8th century and a group local to Rome objected and tried to defend what Rome had previously taught.  Without the printing press, the liberty from the local lord, baron, Prince to raise their concern and with the secular and church powers being able to throw bell book and candle at them, how would their perspective survive?

How do we know Pope X or Y in the past was good when clerics clearly have a tendency to go with the flow and ignore the actions of Popes and objective truths about their pontificate?
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

charlesh

With this, the FSSP loses all credibility as an institution. There are probably individual priests, though, who have more personal integrity than their superiors.

Has anybody heard anything of the Institute of Christ the King's official response to the canonization of those two apostates?

dellery

Quote from: charlesh on August 05, 2014, 02:42:33 AM
With this, the FSSP loses all credibility as an institution. There are probably individual priests, though, who have more personal integrity than their superiors.

Has anybody heard anything of the Institute of Christ the King's official response to the canonization of those two apostates?

The Institute parish I attended a few years ago was having Masses said for the Canonization of JPII.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Archer

Quote from: dellery on August 05, 2014, 02:58:26 AM
The Institute parish I attended a few years ago was having Masses said for the Canonization of JPII.

That's hardly indicative of the stance of the entire Institute.  The ICKSP parish I attended on Low Sunday did not even mention their names. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Aquila

John Paul II, the patron saint of surrender to the modern world... :vomit:
Extra SSPX Nulla Salus.
Dogmatic Sedeplenist.