Despair

Started by pioflower, August 05, 2021, 05:34:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pioflower

I'm sorry to post my despair, but I don't know what else to do

I feel we are in "the day of the Lord" the three and a half years of the antichrist where the governments offer you a mark in order to "buy and sell". It says the sinners will have 666 on their head and arms (the book of the apocalypse, ezikiel)

I feel like I'm one of the foolish vigins that " fell asleep" at the coming of the "day of the lord" which is marked by the moon turning blood red ( this happened 2019 after the Amazon synod )

I've committed a number of mortal sins since

, but I can see the sign of the son of man in the heavens ( the sky's shaken, with the sun, the moon, sunsets evernight, brighter light, clouds)

which occurs after the fulfillment of gentiles , now we're just waiting on the conversion of Jews.

I feel I am on my way to hell.

Many of my Christian friends are having dreams of Jesus coming for them.

I'm gaining weight and feel hopeless.
Daniel 12 talks about the sacrifice for sins coming to an end.

It's all my fault for not practicing my faith properly

I use to be holy and do like three rosaries a day.

Prayerful

I will pray for you. Please pray for me.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Ragnarok

Quote from: pioflower on August 05, 2021, 05:34:20 AM

I feel we are in "the day of the Lord" the three and a half years of the antichrist where the governments offer you a mark in order to "buy and sell". It says the sinners will have 666 on their head and arms (the book of the apocalypse, ezikiel)

I feel like I'm one of the foolish vigins that " fell asleep" at the coming of the "day of the lord" which is marked by the moon turning blood red ( this happened 2019 after the Amazon synod )

Saint Padre Pio didn't spend his life watching YouTube videos (or television or listening to the radio worried) about the end of the world.

You should stop watching conspiracy and Trad Cat YouTube videos - they are really unhealthy. Even if they are true (which most aren't), why will sitting around worrying about something you can't control help you? "Don't worry about tomorrow...today's trouble brings enough for today".

QuoteI feel like I'm one of the foolish vigins that " fell asleep" at the coming of the "day of the lord" which is marked by the moon turning blood red ( this happened 2019 after the Amazon synod )

The moon turns blood red marks the day of the Lord? Where did you hear that?

Sure, Revelation 6 talks about the moon turning red, but also speaks of the stars being shaken from heaven and the sun turning as black as sackcloth. Most Church Fathers, as far as I know, and patristic writers interpret the blood red moon being symbolic (just like the 7 Headed Red Serpent and the Whore of Babylon riding on top of it) - namely, demons being given power over the earth and the spirit of persecution and martyrdom in the air (hence the blood red moon)

, but I can see the sign of the son of man in the heavens ( the sky's shaken, with the sun, the moon, sunsets evernight, brighter light, clouds)

"The sky's shaken" are the stars being shaken from Heaven. None of us have seen the stars shaken from Heaven.

Too many Catholics are superstitious in this regard and need to read more spiritual books, especially from Saint Theresa Avilla. Visions are to be seen with skepticism. "Even Satan appears as an angel of light" and "If they say to you 'Look, Christ is in the secret chambers', do not believe them."

There was a Saint whose name escapes me, but essentially "the Virgin Mary" and "the Baby Christ" were appearing to people in public telling them to convert to Catharism, and this Saint went up to the apparition with the Eucharist and said "If you are really the Mother of God, Adore thy Son", and the apparition vanished in black smoke.

The devil preys on people's superstition to lead them to lose their Faith or have others lose their Faith. If you have a vision, you are required to go to your religious superior and tell them to test the spirit.

https://www.cafarus.ch/falseapparitions.html

The "sacrifice" of the Jewish Temple already came to an end when the Romans destroyed the Temple (but came to an end earlier for those paying attention to the Gospel closely), and that's what those verses are probably referring to.

It's actually heresy to believe that the Eucharist will end, because that means the Church defects, and the Church can't defect per Christ's own words. "The gates of hell shall not prevail against it".

Do you have a Spiritual Director (a trustworthy priest) that you regularly talk to and go to confession to? It's very important to have a person like that in your life - "Anybody who has himself as a Spiritual Director has a fool for a disciple" - Saint Bernard of Clairvoux.

james03

QuoteI feel I am on my way to hell....

Your problem is called scruples.  Priests are used to dealing with it.  Prayer is beneficial IF it is in accordance with your state in life.  So for example, if you homeschool or work, and you stay up late saying litanies and rosaries such that you are tired the next day from lack of sleep, that is not piety.  You are robbing from the obligations of your state in life.

Work with a good priest.

As far as the rest, we likely are in the Last Days, however Fatima doesn't run out until 2029.  And consider, are we the UNLUCKY generation to live through these times or are we the LUCKY generation to live through these times?  The previous generations had a TLM in every church, affordable Catholic schools run by nuns, and a Decency League with a lot of political power that monitored movies, TV, and music.  The Catholics during that time had it easy.  Now consider that during this generation if you keep being Catholic despite the horrible society, your reward will be great.

Work on the scruples, pray the morning offering and the act of contrition daily, and stick with a Trad community.  Don't worry about the end times as you aren't going to be involved in it.  Just look after yourself, starting with the scruples.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Angela

And consider, are we the UNLUCKY generation to live through these times or are we the LUCKY generation to live through these times?

This. God meant for us to be here, at this moment in time. Please, pioflower, go and speak to a trusted traditional priest. These thoughts you are having are nothing but torture to your mind. They are of no benefit to your soul. My prayers for you, my friend.

Obrien

God loves you. He has loved you yesterday, today and tomorrow.
His love for you will have no end.

Whenever it feels like the world is caving in on you repeat to yourself, "My God loves me and I love Him."

Trust in Him.

God be with you. I will pray for you.

nmoerbeek

Quote from: pioflower on August 05, 2021, 05:34:20 AM

I've committed a number of mortal sins since

which occurs after the fulfillment of gentiles , now we're just waiting on the conversion of Jews.

I feel I am on my way to hell.

I'm gaining weight and feel hopeless.

Yes, it is your fault for not practicing your faith properly. 

However, saying 3 rosaries a day is not holiness.  Keeping the Commandments, the constant Memory of God, and staying unspotted from this world is holiness

"Religion clean and undefiled before God and the Father, is this: to visit the fatherless and widows in their tribulation: and to keep one's self unspotted from this world." St James 1:27

It is important to remember that we can genuinely sense that we are on our way to hell.  This is not necessarily despair.  Despair is when we think that God will not forgive us if we are repentant, or we realizing that we are on our way to hell and need to repent we do not do so even though our conscience is ringing like a bell especially if we think we are in danger of death.

Despair is often times rooted in a false and erroneous belief about God.  If I may make a suggestion, perhaps you can just grab a bible and start Reading one of the 4 Gospels.  If a certain part of it bores you, skip to the next chapter, but why not read the Gospel until you chase away this demon.

Or you could start with any of the following:
St. John 7,
St. John 12,
St. Luke 19,
St. Luke 23,

Correcting despair or even spiritual sadness arising from a misunderstanding of our relationship with God is aided by trying to learn more about God correctly.  I hope this is helpful.
"Let me, however, beg of Your Beatitude...
not to think so much of what I have written, as of my good and kind intentions. Please look for the truths of which I speak rather than for beauty of expression. Where I do not come up to your expectations, pardon me, and put my shortcomings down, please, to lack of time and stress of business." St. Bonaventure, From the Preface of Holiness of Life.

Apostolate:
http://www.alleluiaaudiobooks.com/
Contributor:
http://unamsanctamcatholicam.blogspot.com/
Lay Association:
http://www.militiatempli.net/