William Buckley, Michael Davies, Malachi Martin vintage clip

Started by QuaeriteDominum, July 30, 2021, 09:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuaeriteDominum

If you have about an hour of time to spare, this vintage clip is worth the watch. To see these Traditional icons animated again is worth a look.
Obviously, nothing has changed in 40 years.

clau clau

Thanks, enjoyed that. I attended the same Mass as Michael Davies in London for years.  Wiggy, Mr Mitchell, Peter, Black Peter, Smelly and a whole cast of characters.

From the highways and the byways they came ...

Here's another good talk by Father Edward Black (who knew that parish very well).

Conference on Fatherhood by Fr. Black SSPX (Part 1)

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPJQKobzzWI[/yt]
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Jacob

The Hoover Institute is a prestigious organization, one would think it would afford to have its videos captions.  :(
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Michael Wilson

I remember watching that program when it aired on Firing Line; I also have the transcript from the program; Mr. Davies is fantastic in this video; Fr. Champlin not so much.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Jacob

Quote from: Michael Wilson on July 30, 2021, 02:43:00 PM
I remember watching that program when it aired on Firing Line; I also have the transcript from the program; Mr. Davies is fantastic in this video; Fr. Champlin not so much.

Paper transcript?
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Michael Wilson

Yes, a small booklet that I purchased from "Firing Line".
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Elizabeth.2

Cracking good for use as a reward for pushing to get more stuff done.  Thanks  :beer:

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Jacob on July 30, 2021, 02:13:29 PM
The Hoover Institute is a prestigious organization, one would think it would afford to have its videos captions.  :(

I am so sorry, Jacob. That you are unable to listen to this.  :(

I have watched Mr. William F. Buckley's interviews many times on you tube.
I loved the one in this thread a lot. May he R.I.P :pray3:
Maybe if you look on you tube there might be a version with captions on it?
There are several versions on there.
If I happen to find one, I will link it here for you. God Bless! :pray2:

Thanks to Q. for the thread! :thumbsup:

Elizabeth.2

The priest trying to gaslight Mr. Buckley seems to be getting nowhere so far...QuaeriteDominium it is good to see you here.
This is very much appreciated!

Elizabeth.2

Respect to Mr. Buckley for his smooth reactions to the attempted gaslighting by a priest!  Halfway through; it's a must-see.  :coffee:

Elizabeth.2

Now watching Mr. Buckley and MM The Mission of the Pope.  He is glowing with love and gratitude and optimism for Pope John Paul l  just after his election.  Really worth looking at for his descriptions of the Pope alone!   No wonder they killed him.