TV You're Watching

Started by piabee, August 02, 2013, 01:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Ulrich Von Lichtenstein on March 29, 2016, 06:47:24 PM
Quote from: zork on March 27, 2016, 10:16:25 PM
Quote from: LouisIX on March 26, 2016, 05:43:58 PM

I felt the same way about House of Cards, as well, actually. I haven't watched the two newest seasons. Didn't he spit on a crucifix?

Yes, he did. I remember my sister telling me that she immediately turned off Netflix and never watched House of Cards again, as it had disgusted her that much.

That's terrible! I remember when Larry David urinated on a picture of Our Lord once, why do these people think this is entertaining? Hellions...

Here's a hint:  Starts with "J" and rhymes with "you!"
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

LausTibiChriste

Ja Rule? Pronounced the ghetto way "ja roo" of course
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

maryslittlegarden

Star Trek original series season 3
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

red solo cup

Season 2 of the BBC's Happy Valley. Very good.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Kaesekopf

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on March 30, 2016, 01:32:10 PM
Ja Rule? Pronounced the ghetto way "ja roo" of course

How else would you even say his name?

Cmon now. :lol:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: red solo cup on April 06, 2016, 12:59:25 PM
Season 2 of the BBC's Happy Valley. Very good.

Ive only seen season 1 and I liked it. But I found it kind of weird....the commercial of it made it seem like a comedy almost; Its much darker than that. And of course they kill off a cute girl in ep. 2.....sad Laus.

Season 2 sounda promising. Anyone seen Peaky Blinders?
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

red solo cup

Seen all the Peaky Blinders. Watch them with the Mrs. It can be a bit melodramatic but it has it's moments.
Another interesting one is Silk. Am I the only one or is the British legal system incredibly confusing? Could one of our English posters explain the difference between a barrister and a soliciter?

Lynne

Quote from: red solo cup on April 07, 2016, 08:48:21 AM
Seen all the Peaky Blinders. Watch them with the Mrs. It can be a bit melodramatic but it has it's moments.
Another interesting one is Silk. Am I the only one or is the British legal system incredibly confusing? Could one of our English posters explain the difference between a barrister and a soliciter?

One is able to present cases in court, the other is not. (I'm sure there's a better explanation but that's what I remember from A Fish Called Wanda).
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Bonaventure on April 17, 2016, 03:48:19 PM

I'm hooked.

Haven't seen the tv version, but the book is fascinating.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

piabee

Back to Gilmore Girls again.

red solo cup

Season 2 of Dreamland. It does a great job of portraying the stupidity and frustration of a bureaucracy.

Jacob

I watched the 60 Minutes special on Morley Safer tonight.  I don't watch the show regularly, but they showed quite a few of Morley's stories that I remember having caught over the years.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

erin is nice

I'm almost finished with the anime series Attack on Titan. It is so good, I can't believe there isn't a second season.

zork

Going to finish the French series Les Revenants Season 2 tonight. Really good show; very eerie, and without horror and gore.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.