Started by piabee, August 02, 2013, 01:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chestertonian

Quote from: LoneWolfRadTrad on September 12, 2014, 07:05:34 PM
Quote from: piabee on September 12, 2014, 10:16:16 AM
Quote from: LoneWolfRadTrad on September 11, 2014, 07:13:04 PM

Hey, Peebs is here.

I've been here. This is my thread.

I mean on this forum.  Didn't know that you were anywhere trad related.  The online tradverse is big enough for people to vanish in, I guess.

is there a black hole that absorbs trads
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

piabee

I mean on this forum. Didn't know that you were anywhere trad related.

I'm the token cradle trad.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: piabee on September 12, 2014, 11:23:05 PM

I mean on this forum. Didn't know that you were anywhere trad related.

I'm the token cradle trad.

But you're not cray cray!  :)
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Jayne

I have been watching Foyle's War a British detective show set during WWII.  The main character is a highly principled man who is concerned with doing what is right.  He has a great respect for life and there is a bit where he corrects someone who speaks of the death of a pregnant woman as a terrible waste of a life.  The detective says "two lives." 
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

red solo cup

His driver says "Tickety boo".
non impediti ratione cogitationis

piabee

Just finished the final season of Psych. They brought back some of the zaniness from the earlier seasons which was great. A single tear.

TheButler

I'm catching up on hunter x hunter before the inevitable end (soon!) is anyone else here watching any anime series?

Cesar_Augustus

Quote from: TheButler on September 21, 2014, 04:34:24 PM
I'm catching up on hunter x hunter before the inevitable end (soon!) is anyone else here watching any anime series?

Yes, some series, although nowadays, with some productions I think watching until these are finished is better.

Recovering NOer

Quote from: TheButler on September 21, 2014, 04:34:24 PMI'm catching up on hunter x hunter before the inevitable end (soon!)

Me too.  Well, not catching up but I've been watching all the episodes as they come out.  Hard to believe just 2 more days till the last episode.

Recovering NOer

Quote from: Cesar_Augustus on September 21, 2014, 04:55:55 PMYes, some series, although nowadays, with some productions I think watching until these are finished is better.

Yeah the really great thing about HxH was that there were only 2 filler episodes for the ENTIRE series!  Compare that to a lot of other series now where like a third of the episodes end up being filler.

Cesar_Augustus

Quote from: Recovering NOer on September 21, 2014, 06:59:11 PM
Quote from: Cesar_Augustus on September 21, 2014, 04:55:55 PMYes, some series, although nowadays, with some productions I think watching until these are finished is better.

Yeah the really great thing about HxH was that there were only 2 filler episodes for the ENTIRE series!  Compare that to a lot of other series now where like a third of the episodes end up being filler.

Recently, I was reading that the anime caught up with the manga, -that is entering into hiatus- and is going to end soon.

I saw the first two episodes of the new series. How is it? anything problematic? (immodesty, nudity, homosexuality, etc)

Some series of 24 episodes more or less, are divided into two cours, one 3 months after the other... some of them have the first cour end with a cliffhanger. One of the reasons to watch already finished series.

Hannelore

Ken Burns's The Roosevelts: An Intimate History on PBS.org. I'm really enjoying it. :)
My Lord and my God.

Basilios

Tried the new Downtown Abbey last night on ITV but turned it off after an hour. Boooooooring. No offense to fans.
Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth: and a door round about my lips. Incline not my heart to evil words.

piabee

Quote from: Basilios on September 22, 2014, 12:03:30 AM
Tried the new Downtown Abbey last night on ITV

Thanks for the reminder! I'll have to find it tomorrow.

Eta: I liked the dowager countess's snobby butler. And it was great when Cora put down Barrow. Anyone else planning to watch in advance?

angelcookie

I don't watch much tv except for peppa pig and Winnie the Pooh- however I really like Hell on Wheels and want to get it from the beg to catch up on the storyline.