Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Quote from: drummerboy on February 24, 2022, 12:52:40 AM
The Sandlot.  Haven't watched this move in easily 15+ years, and still good.

Right!?
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

drummerboy

Quote from: Aulef on February 24, 2022, 08:35:14 AM
The Reluctant Saint (1962). A movie about Saint Joseph of Cupertino.

It was better than I expected.

Because its not Joseph of Cupertino, its KHAN!!!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056403/
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Aulef on February 24, 2022, 08:35:14 AM
The Reluctant Saint (1962). A movie about Saint Joseph of Cupertino.

It was better than I expected.

That looks good.

One of my favorites about St Francis
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054892/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_6
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Elizabeth

Kent

Yi Yi. Edward Yang is the best Taiwanese export and it isn't close.
I do profess to be no less than I seem, to serve him truly
that will put me in trust, to love him that is honest, to
converse with him that is wise and says little, to fear
judgment, to fight when I cannot choose, and to eat no fish.

Bernadette

The Secret Garden (1993).
My Lord and my God.

Bernadette

I'm watching the miniseries Teresa de Jesus. 3 discs, subtitled. I used to know Spanish well enough to watch it without subtitles, but it's gone now.
My Lord and my God.

Tennessean

The Northman

Most of the movie is in Anglish. There's the obligatory sex scene, but its shot at a distance, in the dark. Its bloody, but not gory. There is a body horror scene, with bodies speared together to look like odin on sleipnir. Its interesting how there aren't any "those christians" jokes you see in /pol or the other viking media. It was a mature movie, darkened with the theme of revenge.  My biggest complaint is the audience: I had a fat soybeard commenting and eating poopcorn behind me. I had to tell him once enough and again to shut up. I don't see myself watching it again. It suffers from that problem common to all modern movies, where the movie doesn't feel like a narrative, but a string of scenes with the same cast.

I thought it was a decent adaptation of Hamlet for modern audiences.

Heinrich

Quote from: Tennessean on May 13, 2022, 11:23:52 PM
The Northman

Most of the movie is in Anglish. There's the obligatory sex scene, but its shot at a distance, in the dark. Its bloody, but not gory. There is a body horror scene, with bodies speared together to look like odin on sleipnir. Its interesting how there aren't any "those christians" jokes you see in /pol or the other viking media. It was a mature movie, darkened with the theme of revenge.  My biggest complaint is the audience: I had a fat soybeard commenting and eating poopcorn behind me. I had to tell him once enough and again to shut up. I don't see myself watching it again. It suffers from that problem common to all modern movies, where the movie doesn't feel like a narrative, but a string of scenes with the same cast.

Movie released in time to garner sentiment for Asov. The greatest casualty of modern movies is the scripting. Coen Brothers' excepting.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Mushroom

The Omen (1976) Probably wouldn't watch it again.

The Passion of Christ, Very sad scenes but great movie!

Tennessean

Quote from: Heinrich on May 14, 2022, 10:22:29 AM
The Northman

Movie released in time to garner sentiment for Asov. The greatest casualty of modern movies is the scripting. Coen Brothers' excepting.
The Northman didn't do so hot in the US, but thought-provoking movies tend not to. Its obviously a movie for foreigners, I was surprised they could make a period drama without an African prince or something.

Melkor

Quote from: Tennessean on May 14, 2022, 06:52:14 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on May 14, 2022, 10:22:29 AM
The Northman

The Northman didn't do so hot in the US

Cause all the fags are watching marvel crap.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Bernadette

How Green Was My Valley.
My Lord and my God.

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.