‘Disgraceful’: World leaders react to storming of the US Capitol

Started by GiftOfGod, January 09, 2021, 02:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiftOfGod

"Disgraceful scenes in US Congress. The United States stands for democracy around the world and it is now vital that there should be a peaceful and orderly transfer of power." — British Prime Minister Boris Johnson.

"We must call this out for what it is: a deliberate assault on Democracy by a sitting President & his supporters, attempting to overturn a free & fair election! The world is watching! " Irish Foreign Minister Simon Coveney.

"A fundamental rule of democracy is that, after elections, there are winners and losers. Both have to play their role with decency and responsibility so that democracy itself remains the winner. ... President Trump regrettably has not conceded his defeat since November, and didn't yesterday either, and of course that has prepared the atmosphere in which such events, such violent events, are possible." — German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

"The scenes we saw are the result of lies and yet more lies, of division and contempt for democracy, of hatred and rabble-rousing, including from the very highest level. This is a historic turning point for the United States, and it is an attack on liberal democracy as a whole. But I am sure that American democracy is stronger than this hatred." — German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier.

"What happened today in Washington, D.C., is not America, definitely. We believe in the strength of our democracies, we believe in the strength of American democracy." — French President Emmanuel Macron.

"The rampage at the Capitol yesterday was a disgraceful act and it must be vigorously condemned." — Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

"What is happening is wrong. Democracy — the right of people to exercise a vote, have their voice heard and then have that decision upheld peacefully — should never be undone by a mob." — New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern.

"Distressed to see news about rioting and violence in Washington DC. Orderly and peaceful transfer of power must continue. The democratic process cannot be allowed to be subverted through unlawful protests." — Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

"In a democracy, the losing party must actually acknowledge its electoral defeat, admit it and contribute to a peaceful transfer of power to others." — Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg.

"The scenes from the U.S. Capitol show how dangerous the rhetoric of hatred is. Contempt for democratic institutions erodes citizens' rights and can undermine political order." — Slovakian President Zuzana Caputova.

Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

james03

I love the video of the "insurrectionists" walking between the crowd ropes in that statue hall.

But it is interesting seeing all the puppets parroting the narrative.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

james03

Watched the video.  She obviously has seen communists.  Unfortunately it is too late.  Remember their scheme:

Demoralization.  Cultural Relativism.  Countered by the Church.  We are stuck with it.
Destabilization.  Resist. Cause trouble.  Countered by police.  FBI and AGs are controlled by Soros.
Crisis.  Countered by military.  Didn't happen.
Normalization.  They need to reach this in order to complete this cycle.  So now comes the crackdown against "domestic terrorists".

However, this was just the "popular front" revolution.  Next comes pure marxisms.  Like I said, we probably have 2 years.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

King Wenceslas

2 years? Sure hope you are right.

Rumor has it that Trump can no longer command the military and he has been locked out of the launch codes.

Interesting times we live in.

Too bad that Trump beat Hillary we would not have to be going through this sh*t. I need to stop voting. I am getting more and more regrets as time goes by.

james03

I'm glad Trump won.  I was not prepared in 2017.  In a few weeks I start looking at some land for my redoubt.

2 years because I think the Biden Covid Plan will be a success (once they lower cycle thresholds on the COVID test and start counting flu deaths as flu deaths instead of COVID) so the economy will open in NY and California.  The $2 TRILLION bailout of NY, California, NJ, and Illinois public pensions wlll also set off a boom.  So I'm using this opportunity to get ready.

My brothers words from a recent telephone conversation haunt me: "We were in Venezuela.  We saw it happen.  We have no excuse, we have to get ready.".

The Hobbiton LARPers on this forum who equate communism and free market captialism as equivalent in evil can live in their fantasy land.  I have no excuse.

King Wenceslas

You have to admit that the situation would be a lot less chaotic with Hillary. Just more of the same stupid sh*t as with Obama. Now with the storming of the Capitol the far left will have total control. The Republicans will now side with the Demoncrats. You don't have 2 years. Times up, we just had another Fort Sumter.

As my brother told me on September 12, 2001, "Our lives have changed forever."

The same here, "Our lives have changed forever on January 6, 2021."

Trump is a complete disaster for the conservative movement in this country. He has wiped us out.

james03

QuoteYou have to admit that the situation would be a lot less chaotic with Hillary.

You have a reasonable position, but I disagree for the following reasons:

1.  TPP ratified, NAFTA kept, no tarriffs on China, no middle class tax cut, i.e. doubling the standard deduction, no deregulation, and no DAPL pipeline.  So economically we would be in a lot poorer shape.

2.  and most important, Hillary is owned due to the MOSSAD Epstein operation.  So definitely we would have gone into Syria, a likely started a war with Iran.  What would have been the results?  At best it would have created a very dangerous situation.

3.  The elections were stolen.  I don't care about the details, I just observe one thing: The vote count was stopped in dem controlled swing states.  The end.  So the 2020 election would have been controlled by the Clinton administration.  Same outcome.

Supporting your position, we would not have had the COVID lockdowns under Hillary.  COVID would have been ignored.

Anyhow, I stacked shekels under Trump and will now purchase the redoubt.  So it worked out for me.  Also, I think we have 2 years because this was a "popular front" victory.  The hard marxists will show up and be in absolute power in a few years. 

And by two years, I don't mean good times.  I do think you will get a good stock market bubble after the Biden Economic Miracle, but this country is going down hard.   There's no saving it.

GiftOfGod

Quote from: james03 on January 09, 2021, 11:57:34 AM
I love the video of the "insurrectionists" walking between the crowd ropes in that statue hall.

But it is interesting seeing all the puppets parroting the narrative.

Did you love this video?

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVZvp-Dv0gg[/yt]

Quote from: james03 on January 09, 2021, 12:42:57 PM
The Hobbiton LARPers on this forum who equate communism and free market captialism as equivalent in evil can live in their fantasy land.

Didn't a Pope say that they are equally as evil?
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

GiftOfGod

Quote from: james03 on January 09, 2021, 01:11:51 PM
QuoteYou have to admit that the situation would be a lot less chaotic with Hillary.

You have a reasonable position, but I disagree for the following reasons:

1.  TPP ratified, NAFTA kept, no tarriffs on China, no middle class tax cut, i.e. doubling the standard deduction, no deregulation, and no DAPL pipeline.  So economically we would be in a lot poorer shape.

Whether or not the middle class got a tax cut is debatable because many large families saw a tax increase with their personal exemptions eliminated. Whether or not the upper class got a tax cut is not debatable. Whether or not it is an economically smart idea to cut taxes during an economic boom (possibly a bubble) and during record deficits/national debt is also debatable. In case you didn't know, most traditional Catholics have large families and are not upper class. You like to complain in every other thread about the Jews yet they benefited more from Trump's administration than any other group of people. Why do you view a de facto pro-Jew/anti-trad law as positive? Oh right, because you are libertarian.

james03

QuoteDid you love this video?

Love it.  Elizabeth had mentioned the steel batons (again, I'm surprised they are legal) and now you have provided the video evidence.  Thanks.

QuoteWhether or not the middle class got a tax cut is debatable because many large families saw a tax increase with their personal exemptions eliminated.
In 2019 I was upper middle class.  I loved the doubling of the deduction which came to a $24,000 deduction, and I still got deductions for my minor kids.  The rich were pissed.  If you made $1,000,000 in California, previously you could deduct $100,000 from Fed income.  That dropped to $10,000.  That ended up being a $45,000 tax increase, using rough numbers.  I think Trump lowered all rates a percent or two, but the rich got hit with a tax increase.

If you are talking about business tax cuts, I fully support that.  We were in an economic slump and needed business to pick up.  It did, and unemployment dropped to record lows.  Businesses also repatriated over a Trillion from foreign subsidiaries, which was a huge boom for the US.

Also Trump wanted a border tax, but GOPe cut it.  That would have turned a good tax bill into a great tax bill.  Blame that on Ryan and the Kochs.

GiftOfGod

Quote from: james03 on January 09, 2021, 03:56:57 PM
In 2019 I was upper middle class.  I loved the doubling of the deduction which came to a $24,000 deduction, and I still got deductions for my minor kids.  The rich were pissed.  If you made $1,000,000 in California, previously you could deduct $100,000 from Fed income.  That dropped to $10,000.  That ended up being a $45,000 tax increase, using rough numbers.  I think Trump lowered all rates a percent or two, but the rich got hit with a tax increase.

That's not what non-partisan analyses show. And good for you making that income but I would say that 80% of trad families don't make that much.

james03

And how much Federal income tax did they even pay before the cuts?  They got the $24,000 deduction as a married couple and they got to deduct for their kids (i did).  They got the lower rate so they certainly didn't see an increase.  I agree, if you are in the lower class you didn't see a huge tax cut, because you likely were only paying a few hundred in taxes anyway. 

QuoteThat's not what non-partisan analyses show.
I guess they weren't non-partisan, because I got a tax cut.  If their claim is that people making $50,000 per year didn't see much of a cut, they are correct.  Those people weren't paying much anyway.

King Wenceslas

I got slaughtered. Single and making over 80,000. Now that was sticker shock.

OzarkCatholic

Quote from: james03 on January 09, 2021, 04:20:32 PM
And how much Federal income tax did they even pay before the cuts?  They got the $24,000 deduction as a married couple and they got to deduct for their kids (i did).  They got the lower rate so they certainly didn't see an increase.  I agree, if you are in the lower class you didn't see a huge tax cut, because you likely were only paying a few hundred in taxes anyway. 

QuoteThat's not what non-partisan analyses show.
I guess they weren't non-partisan, because I got a tax cut.  If their claim is that people making $50,000 per year didn't see much of a cut, they are correct.  Those people weren't paying much anyway.

You did not get a deduction for dependents. However you would get a child tax credit, larger EIT credit, and possibly non-child depnendent credit depending on situation.

In addtion: "Some of the most impactful provisions scheduled to expire include the TCJA's reduction of individual income rates, increased child tax credit, the increased AMT exemption and phaseout threshold, and the increased standard deduction. Despite most of the individual income tax code returning to its pre-TCJA structure, inflation adjustments will continue to be determined by the Chained Consumer Price Index (C-CPI), as set by TCJA, which will result in most taxes increasing when compared to their pre-TCJA levels."

https://taxfoundation.org/look-ahead-expiring-tax-provisions/

So in short: business get to keep their reduced rates, us plebs will revert to pre TCJA rates, but with less adventageous tax bracket adjustment indeces.
Feels like Groundhog Day again.