Oldest Man in History

Started by Bonaventure, December 26, 2012, 10:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonaventure

Japanese man Jiroemon Kimura to become oldest living man ever on record

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/9766378/Japanese-man-Jiroemon-Kimura-to-become-oldest-living-man-ever-on-record.html

A Japanese man aged 115, was expected to become the oldest living man ever on record on Thursday.

Jiroemon Kimura, who was born on April 19, 1897 when Queen Victoria was still on the throne and worked as a postal employee, is "particularly fond of red bean cake and rice".

Mr Kimura has 14 grandchildren, 25 great-grandchildren and 13 great-great-grandchildren. He currently lives with his son's family in Kyotango, near Kyoto.

The previous holder of the title of the world's oldest man ever was held by Christian Mortensen, a Danish-American, who lived to 115 years 252 days and died in 1998.

Yasushi Nakayama, the mayor of Kyotango, confirmed Mr Kimura's status as the world's current oldest person last week, calling him "the pride of our town".

Last October, Guinness World Records Editor-in-Chief Craig Glenday travelled to his hometown to hand deliver a copy of the Guinness World Records 2013.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

EcceQuamBonum

Quote from: Bonaventure on December 26, 2012, 10:11:24 PM
is "particularly fond of red bean cake and rice".

As opposed to red-beans-and-rice cake, which is a whole other matter.  (At this point, I would normally insert a :LOL:, but we don't have that yet.  So, uh, HAHAHA)

"Sero Te amavi, Pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova.  Sero Te amavi!"-Confessions, X.27

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--