Should we have a new moderator? Or ask our old ones to return?

Started by Xavier, January 20, 2020, 02:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xavier

Simple question: Should we have a new moderator? Or ask our old ones to return? Or not?
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Fleur-de-Lys

The old moderators had their reasons for leaving. If you want moderators, I think new ones will have to be appointed.

TheReturnofLive

The irony here of your whining here is that you are probably the most pretentious and rule-breaking user on this forum.

Conduct:
"1) All members must be charitable to fellow posters. If you have a concern with another member, use the private messaging feature as a first recourse for addressing said concern. If this does not adequately address your concern, contact one of the forum moderators."

Posting:
"1) Do not troll the forum. Trolling is defined as "submitting a deliberately provocative posting to an online message board with the aim of inciting an angry response.""

"5) Link your sources when posting news articles.  Conversely, do not link a news story without comment. We want to hear your thoughts and opinions. The best way to encourage discussion is to provide something for people to discuss."

Non-Catholics:
"1) Error has no rights. As such, anti-Catholic viewpoints are not permitted to be posted here."

How many times have you

Conduct: 1. Called people blasphemers, haters of God, haters of the Virgin Mary, telling people they are likely damned, haters of Christ, simply because they disagreed with your viewpoint?

Posting: 1. Posted threads not only to provoke people who disagree with you, but shove your own non-dogmatic viewpoints as something that people must agree with, and become horrendously malicious if they disagree?
Indeed, how many times have you promoted Bayside and implied that those who don't listen to Bayside will be damned by God?''
How many times have you posted a thread that amounts to "LOL GET REKT SEDEVACANTISTS XD XD XD"

Posting: 5. Posted just a news article or an article about a condemned apparition, and done this repeatedly, for the sole purpose of polemics?

Non-Catholics: 1. Posted websites and articles which undermine the authority of the local canonical Bishop, who have explicitly condemned apparitions and forbidden Catholics from promoting it?

No one appointed an inquisitee the inquisitor. Especially an inquisitee who has made this forum a very toxic place.
"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but irrigate deserts." - C.S. Lewis

Xavier

Live, stop violating the Eighth Commandment and bearing false witness against me. Your allegations against me are false.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

TheReturnofLive

Quote from: Xavier on January 20, 2020, 02:41:46 PM
Live, stop violating the Eighth Commandment and bearing false witness against me. Your allegations against me are false.

Are you secretly an NCR type Catholic who gets a kick out of larping as a caricature of a Trad Catholic?
"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but irrigate deserts." - C.S. Lewis

TheReturnofLive

I think abc123 was right. There's little else to construe other than you have malevolent intent when it comes to your posting history; I didn't want to believe that, considering how long some of your posts can be, but this last comment I think confirms this.

The fact that out of all the responses you could've given me to these allegations is not a defense of your posts, but rather just "these posts never happened," is sufficient for me to stop engaging with you.

Enjoy torturing the respectable folks here who don't deserve it.

I feel sorry for myself that I bothered to stoop to your level by engaging with you.

Non Nobis

Quote from: TheReturnofLive on January 20, 2020, 02:38:55 PM

[Response to: Xavier]

The irony here of your whining here is that you are probably the most pretentious and rule-breaking user on this forum.

How many times have you

Conduct: 1. Called people blasphemers, haters of God, haters of the Virgin Mary, telling people they are likely damned, haters of Christ, simply because they disagreed with your viewpoint?

Posting: 1. Posted threads not only to provoke people who disagree with you, but shove your own non-dogmatic viewpoints as something that people must agree with, and become horrendously malicious if they disagree?
Indeed, how many times have you promoted Bayside and implied that those who don't listen to Bayside will be damned by God?''...

TheReturnofLive, I'm sure I haven't read all the posts that you have, but I am seeing these claims about Xavier as being exaggerations.

Xavier proposes that it is BETTER (more right and DEVOUT) to accept the devotions and apparitions that he presents, but I don't recall ever getting the message from him that I am damned or hate God or Our Lady when I disagree.  That would be an unnecessary extrapolation that I don't feel Xavier pushing on me - do YOU really think it is a necessary extrapolation? I don't see it.  I wonder if others feel so insulted by Xavier as you seem to. I just don't feel the malice.

Maybe we just don't see things the same way.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Heinrich

I am quite edified by Xavier's posts. He is the reason I come here. As far as Live and his coniptions, it is a case of the Dark not comprehending the Light. AlVetus Muckbar and his cheergirl are bizarre while ABC123 adds an element of consistent morality, albeit as a schismatic.

It would be great if Walty and the others would come back.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Graham

The forum does not even need rules, it needs one active moderator with sound judgment who will suspend and ban people for promoting heresy, not fitting in, being annoying, and so on. It could also use a down vote button.

dellery

Sometimes I think Xavier catches flak because he hasn't gave into his interior revolution, rage, and hatred masking it  with a bs pious facade, like so many others have.

The fact that Xaviers posts are edifying and not the usual frustrated rants probably gets under some people's skin.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

dellery

Quote from: Graham on January 20, 2020, 07:00:45 PM
The forum does not even need rules, it needs one active moderator with sound judgment who will suspend and ban people for promoting heresy, not fitting in, being annoying, and so on. It could also use a down vote button.

Up and down thumbs foster a hive-minded atmosphere that suffocates the free exchange of thoughts and ideas.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions

Graham

Quote from: dellery on January 20, 2020, 07:02:51 PM

Up and down thumbs foster a hive-minded atmosphere that suffocates the free exchange of thoughts and ideas.

The whole problem here is that the exchange of thoughts and ideas has gotten a little too free. Downvotes let people know that their style or ideas are not being received well, and they can adjust and improve, or take the hint and leave.

Xavier

Non, he's just taking out some anger and bitterness on me. That's ok, I forgive him and pray for God's Blessings on him and on his family.

You can very well know his allegations about me are not true at all. Let me backtrack to how this arose: In this thread, https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=23006.0  he claimed "God is a Monster", saying things like "The Bible itself is littered with contradictions ... Why should this monster be worthy of our worship" among other expletives it's better not to repeat.

It was littered with both blasphemies and profanities. Though I regretted the moderation didn't at least edit the post to remove those, I responded with every possible mildness and kindness: "God is not a monster - that's a monstrous and deeply offensive claim. He is Our Loving Father. He became Man for love of us, as we're going to celebrate soon on ChristMas ... Anyway, I understand you're going through a Faith Crisis. We'll pray for you. In the meanwhile, Hope you like this rendition of "Adeste Fideles" (O Come All Ye Faithful)"

I do believe good and effective moderation would have at least deleted the offending portions, which indeed were truly blasphemous.

Then, the next issue was the Immaculate Conception, which Live denies. It arose in a totally innocuous thread. Patriarch Bartholomew seemed open to re-union with the Catholic Church! People have been praying about this for decades! And it has been a dream of the Catholic Church, for centuries going back to Pope Eugene IV at the Council of Florence, and even to Pope Leo IX a millenia ago. I attacked nobody, I simply expressed a desire for the Re-Union of Christendom, when our Eastern Orthodox brethren happily return to Union with the Catholic Church. And out of nowhere, he begins attacking me again, with ridiculous insinuations and polemical accusations that didn't have a shred of Truth in them. Then, we discussed the Immaculate Conception, which he said he rejected.

I cited numerous holy Fathers and Eastern Liturgies to him. He's been attacking me on and off since then mostly because he disagrees.

If I responded to someone who goes so far as to say terribly blasphemous things about God and the Bible like that above, in such a mild manner - as I didn't want him to fall further - does anyone really think I condemned anyone to hell, because they disagreed with me on a not-confirmed apparition? Absolutely, I did not, and anyone who reads the recent thread on Garabandal can see that as well. I clearly said people are entirely free to doubt Garabandal, though I believe it.

So, there's nothing really here. Let us see what Kaese decides. I agree with Graham and Dellery on having one good sound moderator who will crack down on heresy and rage.

Here, on this forum, in my opinion, Catholics should feel they have a safe refuge here, like a "virtual St. Mary's", as recently discussed. It should be a place for us to be built up and edified in Faith, strengthened in prayer and devotion, growing in Love for God and neighbor etc. I don't want to fight with Live at all. I only want us all to be strong in the Faith.

dellery

Quote from: Graham on January 20, 2020, 07:10:38 PM
Quote from: dellery on January 20, 2020, 07:02:51 PM

The whole problem here is that the exchange of thoughts and ideas has gotten a little too free. Downvotes let people know that their style or ideas are not being received well, and they can adjust and improve, or take the hint and leave.

You'll never convince me of supporting a vote system, but I do concede to your first point.

Nous Defions

Gardener

Not fitting in and being annoying aren't exactly earmarks of someone who should be banned. We are likely all annoying or don't fit in, in the mind of some subset of people on here.

Within the Apostles there was a Zealot and a Tax Collector[mortal enemies in the time period], most likely some Essene adherents[basically the Traditionalists/Sedevacantists (they did not recognize the priestly authority of the Sadducees, who controlled the Temple) of their day], and certainly a mix of personalities.

I know there are folks on here who think 90% of my posts are amazing. Some think I'm the biggest idiot to ever own a keyboard. Frankly, they probably both right. :)

What we need is Kaesekopf to bring in a few new mods. He doesn't have the time or maybe just the energy to do it on his own. One mod needs to be a woman for the Mary's Garden section.

If he'd accept, I'd propose Michael Wilson as a male mod. Lynne or Non Nobis as the female. Probably someone technical for backend stuff and basic admin functions (Lynne could do this, but I wouldn't want to place it on her unless that was her only function). Daniel has a programming background, which would be helpful for writing new functions, but I dunno if he'd want it and he has only apparently recently reverted.

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe