Suggestions?

Started by Kaesekopf, July 26, 2014, 11:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

verenaerin

Quote from: Pon de Replay on July 28, 2014, 12:04:31 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on July 28, 2014, 12:00:08 PMwell "placenta central" and "not just erectile dysfunction threads" were already taken

The whole idea that we need separate, gender-specific subforums just because some people are somehow put off by the discussion of placenta and erectile dysfunction is pretty weird in the first place.  But if we're going to have them, then minimalist names would (in my opinion) be best.

That is not the reason why those subforums are done, at least not for me. If men want to talk about their anatomy and the function of it, it would be nice if they could do so without comments from women who have no idea what they are talking about.

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: verenaerin on July 28, 2014, 03:52:27 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on July 28, 2014, 12:00:08 PMwell "placenta central" and "not just erectile dysfunction threads" were already taken

The whole idea that we need separate, gender-specific subforums just because some people are somehow put off by the discussion of placenta and erectile dysfunction is pretty weird in the first place.  But if we're going to have them, then minimalist names would (in my opinion) be best.

That is not the reason why those subforums are done, at least not for me. If men want to talk about their anatomy and the function of it, it would be nice if they could do so without comments from women who have no idea what they are talking about.
If ED or anything to do with male anatomy is discussed I will renounce my participation in the Mens only forum.
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Pheo

Auto trim quotes to one or two levels.  My eyes.
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

verenaerin

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on July 28, 2014, 04:06:08 PM

If ED or anything to do with male anatomy is discussed I will renounce my participation in the Mens only forum.

1- you miss my point

2- a conversation like this has already been brought up recently

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: verenaerin on July 28, 2014, 04:19:46 PM

1- you miss my point

1- I wasnt addressing your point...I used it merely as an opportunity to comment on the subjects
2- Thank heavens I didnt see it

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

verenaerin

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on July 28, 2014, 04:22:26 PM
Quote from: verenaerin on July 28, 2014, 04:19:46 PM

1- you miss my point

1- I wasnt addressing your point...I used it merely as an opportunity to comment on the subjects
2- Thank heavens I didnt see it

1- ok
2- it wasn't that bad

Jayne

Quote from: Pheo on July 28, 2014, 04:09:27 PM
Auto trim quotes to one or two levels.  My eyes.

I have been on other forums with this feature.  It seems to work well.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Mono no aware

Quote from: verenaerin on July 28, 2014, 03:52:27 PMIf men want to talk about their anatomy and the function of it, it would be nice if they could do so without comments from women who have no idea what they are talking about.

I wasn't aware that the knowledge of human anatomy and biology was gender-specific.  I once went to a female physician.  Granted, it was for an intestinal complaint, unrelated to my genitalia.  However, I'm sure she must've studied the male anatomy at some point in her schooling.  I believe there have been male gynecologists.  The doctor who delivered me was a male.  Maybe these are exceptions to the rule.

At any rate, let there be gender-specific sub-forums if that's what the administration desires.  At least have the names be non-corny, though.  And above all, don't put the names under our custom titles.

Mono no aware

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on July 28, 2014, 04:06:08 PMIf ED or anything to do with male anatomy is discussed I will renounce my participation in the Mens only forum.

Why?

verenaerin

Quote from: Pon de Replay on July 28, 2014, 05:42:32 PM
Quote from: verenaerin on July 28, 2014, 03:52:27 PMIf men want to talk about their anatomy and the function of it, it would be nice if they could do so without comments from women who have no idea what they are talking about.

I wasn't aware that the knowledge of human anatomy and biology was gender-specific.  I once went to a female physician.  Granted, it was for an intestinal complaint, unrelated to my genitalia.  However, I'm sure she must've studied the male anatomy at some point in her schooling.  I believe there have been male gynecologists.  The doctor who delivered me was a male.  Maybe these are exceptions to the rule.

At any rate, let there be gender-specific sub-forums if that's what the administration desires.  At least have the names be non-corny, though.  And above all, don't put the names under our custom titles.

It's not. I am an RN, I have a good grasp of A & P. But at the same time I wouldn't say I am an expert on having or dealing with male anatomy.

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Pon de Replay on July 28, 2014, 05:53:04 PM
Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on July 28, 2014, 04:06:08 PMIf ED or anything to do with male anatomy is discussed I will renounce my participation in the Mens only forum.

Why?
because it has nothing to do with manhood.

911!

Mono no aware

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on July 28, 2014, 06:01:40 PM
because it has nothing to do with manhood.

But what if it's a problem someone legitimately has?  It's male-specific, at least.  It may be something we men will all have to deal with as we get older in this chemical world.  We're a generation raised on toxins, hormones, antibiotics, and pesticides.  Who knows what biological horrors the future holds for us?  We could all be destined for impotence for all I know.  Gakk!

:o

It'll be like that movie Children of Men, only with ED instead of infertility.

On the other hand, we live in a world where there are transsexual traditionalist Catholics, so I guess anything goes.  I have no idea whether the people in a men's only sub-forum will necessarily all be males.  I mean, we seem to be going on the honor system here.

Archer

Well this thread took an unexpected turn.
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Chestertonian

actually you contributed a lot to the thread that mentioned ED.... Probably because you are a nurse and not squeamish about men's bodies

Women in Catholic circles often discuss their bodies without any kind of shame.....  They discuss breastfeeding NFP placentas etc.  I'm a married man and i've heard it all so nothing fazes me

men tend not to talk about their bodies. 

the wacky thing is that feminists want young women to believe that society has taught that women's bodies are dirty and a source of shame... But it's ok to laugh at men's bodies especially when they don't work
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

verenaerin

Quote from: Chestertonian on July 28, 2014, 06:51:07 PM

actually you contributed a lot to the thread that mentioned ED.... Probably because you are a nurse and not squeamish about men's bodies

Women in Catholic circles often discuss their bodies without any kind of shame.....  They discuss breastfeeding NFP placentas etc.  I'm a married man and i've heard it all so nothing fazes me

men tend not to talk about their bodies. 

the wacky thing is that feminists want young women to believe that society has taught that women's bodies are dirty and a source of shame... But it's ok to laugh at men's bodies especially when they don't work

I know, but I stuck to what I knew and I also posted that if you were uncomfortable with my posts that I would drop it.

Can you understand the frustration of this subject the other way around. There are not many topics about male issues, but there are about female things- and EVERYONE has an opinion and acts like they are an expert. I do not claim to be an expert on male ...stuff, and it is frustating when men act like they are experts in female...stuff. (This does not apply to you)