Suggestions?

Started by Kaesekopf, July 26, 2014, 11:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne

Quote from: Recovering NOer on July 27, 2014, 10:22:36 AM
Quote from: Jayne on July 27, 2014, 04:45:32 AM
I have thought of something.  Would it be possible to have a rule about not posting pictures of dead babies and children?  Usually these are in politics threads that I don't read, but sometimes I am skimming through posts and I see them.  It is very distressing for me and perhaps some others feel this way.

We already have spoiler tags.  People can just use those and put a warning ahead of it, if such pictures are really that distressing.

I would appreciate this very much.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Archer

Quote from: Gardener on July 27, 2014, 10:26:18 AM
Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on July 27, 2014, 05:53:31 AM
Is there anyway that one could opt out of following threads after posting in them? Sometimes I would like to comment in certian threads but dont because I dont want to follow it forever.
Also...MORE SMILIES

YES

I think this has been brought up before and if I recall correctly I don't think there's a way to opt out of a thread.  Perhaps the boss could way in and let us know for sure. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Lynne

Quote from: Recovering NOer on July 27, 2014, 10:22:36 AM
Quote from: Jayne on July 27, 2014, 04:45:32 AM
I have thought of something.  Would it be possible to have a rule about not posting pictures of dead babies and children?  Usually these are in politics threads that I don't read, but sometimes I am skimming through posts and I see them.  It is very distressing for me and perhaps some others feel this way.

We already have spoiler tags.  People can just use those and put a warning ahead of it, if such pictures are really that distressing.

Thank you.

Edited to add: Unfortunately, spoiler tags don't work for images.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Revixit

Quote from: tmw89 on July 26, 2014, 05:21:23 PM

should frustrated members be banned due to what they say about the man with the weakest claim to the papacy yet in the post-Conciliar era?

Yes, "frustrated members" should be banned if their criticism of the Vicar of Christ is over the top.  This is not a sede forum but a trad forum which allows sedes, unless Kasekopf has changed things while I've been busy this week at Ancestry.com, in part dealing with someone who posted content defaming a Russian Orthodox saint and the Roman Catholic Church. 

People who are banned from SD have done a lot to get themselves banned.  "Frustrated members" should curb their tempers, think twice about what they've written about the Holy Father, asking themselves if they've stayed within the rules when they're complaining about him, before clicking the "Post" button. 

What gives you the idea that Pope Francis is "the man with the weakest claim to the papacy yet in the post-Conciliar era?"

Pope Francis was elected by a Conclave of Cardinals and, with the obvious exception of St. Peter, that's the only claim to the papacy any Pope has ever had.

The only things unusual about his election are that he's the first Latin American Pope and that his predecessor, Pope Benedict XVI, retired for health reasons while most Papal reigns end with the Pontiff's deaths.  Other Popes have retired, just not in recent centuries. 
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, Have Mercy On Us

Archer

This is not going to turn into a sede vs. sedeplenist debate.  TMW and Sbyvl your suggestion is duly noted.

Does anyone have any suggestions, other than revising the forum's party line, that they would like to discuss?
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Recovering NOer

Quote from: Lynne on July 27, 2014, 01:51:17 PMThank you.

Oh, sorry... I didn't stop to check exactly what kind of "spoilers" they used here.  But I have seen different ones on other forums that work just as well on images.  It's a little button that says "spoiler" you have to click on before it shows the enclosed content.

Arun

Yes, can everybody who ever disagrees with anything i say be banned please? thanks.

no seriously forum's great just the way it is.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Jayne

Quote from: Recovering NOer on July 27, 2014, 05:43:48 PM
Quote from: Lynne on July 27, 2014, 01:51:17 PMThank you.

Oh, sorry... I didn't stop to check exactly what kind of "spoilers" they used here.  But I have seen different ones on other forums that work just as well on images.  It's a little button that says "spoiler" you have to click on before it shows the enclosed content.

A suggestion was made elsewhere to link to such pictures (with a warning) rather than post them.  That  would work with the existing software.

I would like to see some solution that allows sensitive people to avoid seeing these pictures.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Mono no aware

A suggestion.  Make it so that "Mary Garden" and "St. Joseph's Workbench" don't appear under our custom titles.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Pon de Replay on July 28, 2014, 09:16:27 AM
A suggestion.  Make it so that "Mary Garden" and "St. Joseph's Workbench" don't appear under our custom titles.
I can do that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

verenaerin

I am fine with everything here. Though I would like it if there were more smilie choices.

Mono no aware

Quote from: Kaesekopf on July 28, 2014, 10:27:21 AM
I can do that.

If you could, thank you.  It would be a nice concession to those of us who have set our profiles such that our custom title bleeds into our ranking. 

Further, I'm personally not a big fan of the chosen names.  They're kind of corny.   Not that there's anything corny about Our Lady or St. Joseph; just that I don't think it's necessary to refer to them in the naming of a subforum.  "Women's Forum" and "Men's Forum" would have a plain & respectable utility, and (hopefully) would not need to appear on our profile.  If these subforum names must appear on our profile somewhere, then I like Revixit's suggestion of a Latin name such as hortus conclusus for the women's portion, and something equally as obscure for the men's.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Pon de Replay on July 28, 2014, 11:37:32 AM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on July 28, 2014, 10:27:21 AM
I can do that.

If you could, thank you.  It would be a nice concession to those of us who have set our profiles such that our custom title bleeds into our ranking. 

Further, I'm personally not a big fan of the chosen names.  They're kind of corny.   Not that there's anything corny about Our Lady or St. Joseph; just that I don't think it's necessary to refer to them in the naming of a subforum.  "Women's Forum" and "Men's Forum" would have a plain & respectable utility, and (hopefully) would not need to appear on our profile.  If these subforum names must appear on our profile somewhere, then I like Revixit's suggestion of a Latin name such as hortus conclusus for the women's portion, and something equally as obscure for the men's.
well "placenta central" and "not just erectile dysfunction threads" were already taken
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Mono no aware

Quote from: Chestertonian on July 28, 2014, 12:00:08 PMwell "placenta central" and "not just erectile dysfunction threads" were already taken

The whole idea that we need separate, gender-specific subforums just because some people are somehow put off by the discussion of placenta and erectile dysfunction is pretty weird in the first place.  But if we're going to have them, then minimalist names would (in my opinion) be best.

zork

Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.