How Patriots Took Over the Thirteen Colonies | The American Revolution (1763-177

Started by dellery, April 17, 2021, 05:13:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dellery

How might this method look today?

Can we apply these lessens from our past to today's struggle?

Furthermore, did the American Revolution ever really end? Was the struggle against slavery and Jim Crow actually the Revolution progressing and gaining ground against an entrenched racial despotism?
Is the American Revolution presently fighting to bring Constitutional and Lockean Rights to the unborn?
If so, wouldn't this make the American Revolution the true SJW cause, and make Leftists the counter-revolutionary oligarchs??

Seems like answering these questions could present some solutions for us.

We have more power and strength than we care to admit.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Prayerful

Quote from: dellery on April 17, 2021, 05:13:58 AM

How might this method look today?

Can we apply these lessens from our past to today's struggle?

Furthermore, did the American Revolution ever really end? Was the struggle against slavery and Jim Crow actually the Revolution progressing and gaining ground against an entrenched racial despotism?
Is the American Revolution presently fighting to bring Constitutional and Lockean Rights to the unborn?
If so, wouldn't this make the American Revolution the true SJW cause, and make Leftists the counter-revolutionary oligarchs??

Seems like answering these questions could present some solutions for us.

We have more power and strength than we care to admit.

The 13 colonies were substantially self governing, like most colonies, ruled by an oligarchy of the wealthier, with royal governors having limited coercive powers. When a portion of that oligarchy, whether merchants or landowners, turned on the  Mother Country, in a sense for denying them their rights as free born Englishmen as enshrined in Magna Carta, although their levels of tax were nothing compared to now, or somewhat similarly various oligarchies in Latin America saw the Mother Country as caring little for rights, it was somewhat easier than now, although civil war is no easy thing. Modern states have a lot of means of re-enforcing their authority from the education system, news media (funded directly or indirectly via civil service ads, appointments, or public procurement ads), even the USCCB (funded via refugee resettlement and other programs) before the coercive elements, its theoretical monopoly of violence, police, prisons and soldiers are considered. Even then (notably in Ireland and the colonies), spies and provocateurs could infiltrated patriotic clubs and associations (think of the phrase 'glow posting'). I see similarities, but now it is a cliff face compared to then.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Heinrich

The "American Revolution" was the real "Civil War." A Whig Civil War. Basically, a fight to "SHOW ME THE MONEY(Banking)!" The Quebec Act further triggered the colonial oligarchs to rebel. Although that quartering of troops is a gnarly thing that should have not happened.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

james03

The lesson of the Revolutionary War:

We will need a governor to bestow legitimacy to any action.  Observing the governors' responses to COVID, I'm not holding my breath.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"