New Forum! For Okie Trads and Beyond

Started by christulsa, September 16, 2017, 11:18:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PerEvangelicaDicta

There are some fine gentlemen on SD.  PDR, you are certainly in that number.  It's enjoyable to follow your debates, and your plain old thinking out loud. :toth:
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

Lynne

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on September 27, 2017, 07:38:26 PM
I hope there's t-shirts!  You know....like, #Teamjayners and #TeamQinthehouse

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Jayne

Quote from: Quaremerepulisti on September 27, 2017, 05:24:08 PM
Quote from: Jayne on September 27, 2017, 11:25:36 AM
I'm here. I have been waiting for QMR to start a new thread (as per KK's comment) with a constructive argument for the affirmative.  That is the usual convention in a debate.

The thread is started in the Traditional Catholic subforum.

Thank you. I am not sure how quickly I can respond. I am staying with my son and daughter-in-law to help out after the birth of my latest grandchild. (#8) but I normally have some free time each day and, if necessary, I will post in instalments.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Lynne

Quote from: Jayne on September 28, 2017, 05:20:06 AM
I'm here. I have been waiting for QMR to start a new thread (as per KK's comment) with a constructive argument for the affirmative.  That is the usual convention in a debate.

Thank you. I am not sure how quickly I can respond. I am staying with my son and daughter-in-law to help out after the birth of my latest grandchild. (#8) but I normally have some free time each day and, if necessary, I will post in instalments.

Wow! Congratulations! A new baby...sweet...
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

PerEvangelicaDicta

Quote from: Lynne on September 28, 2017, 05:32:12 AM

#8!!!   God has blessed you exponentially Jayne!   :pray1: :cheeseheadbeer:
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

Gardener

Quote from: PerEvangelicaDicta on September 28, 2017, 09:46:27 AM
Quote from: Lynne on September 28, 2017, 05:32:12 AM

#8!!!   God has blessed you exponentially Jayne!   :pray1: :cheeseheadbeer:

2^3, in fact.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

red solo cup

A lacuna while QMR deals with his mom would be a sporting gesture.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Jayne

Of course, I am willing to make any accommodations about the timing of the debate that QMR would like.  I posted my first response, however, before seeing this suggestion from rsc.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.