Greetings

Started by Melchior, May 29, 2013, 02:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Francisco Suárez

Hello and welcome! Make yourself at home.

Mysterium Fidei

Welcome to Suscipe Domine!

Go Blackhawks!!!

Archer

Quote from: Pheo on May 30, 2013, 08:34:43 AM
Born and raised.  Even that Game 7 won't keep me from hoping for next year.

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Archer

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Older Salt

Hi Melchior.

I remember you from FE.

Welcome, from one newcomer to another.

May I please ask you in all charity, why do you not assist at the TLM?

Is it because you do not have access to one, or for another reason?

God bless
Stay away from the near occasion of sin

Unless one is deeply attached to the Blessed Virgin Mary, now in time, it impossible to attain salvation.

Melchior

Quote from: Older Salt on May 30, 2013, 01:44:36 PM
Hi Melchior.

I remember you from FE.

Welcome, from one newcomer to another.

May I please ask you in all charity, why do you not assist at the TLM?

Is it because you do not have access to one, or for another reason?

God bless

I talk a bit about it here; http://vagrantcatholic.wordpress.com/2013/01/21/journey-to-the-child-jesus/.  Before anyone asks, jeans and the batman shirt were my best clothes at the time, which I suppose doubles as a "don't judge a book by it's cover" moment.

The EF just isn't for me I suppose, just like how the EF speaks to others more than the OF does in some cases.  If I did attend the EF I'd say that I'd want to attend low Mass /w plain chant.

I don't hold anything against the EF or anything, and I do wish it was more widely available to those who want that expression of Catholicism.

Melchior

And get these Bruins photos OUT OF MY INTRO THREAD.

For that Leafs/Bruins series, I was toats rooting for the meteor.

Pheo

Some Senators pics might just make it all better.

No...I can't bring myself to post anything making the Sens look good.
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

Melchior

Quote from: Pheo on May 30, 2013, 02:15:42 PM
Some Senators pics might just make it all better.

No...I can't bring myself to post anything making the Sens look good.

I'm very, very apathetic about the Sens.  Couldn't care less about them.  get back to me when you've got the same history as Habs/Laughs and Habs/Poohs.

Der Polka-König

I have no real opinion either way as far as that Leafs/Bruins series goes, but that one of Rask making the save is definitely some great photographic work.
"The Modernists pass the same judgment on the most holy Fathers of the Church as they pass on tradition; decreeing, with amazing effrontery that, while personally most worthy of all veneration, they were entirely ignorant of history and criticism, for which they are only excusable on account of the time in which they lived. Finally, the Modernists try in every way to diminish and weaken the authority of the ecclesiastical magisterium itself by sacrilegiously falsifying its origin, character, and rights, and by freely repeating the calumnies of its adversaries."

-- St Pius X, Pascendi Dominici Gregis

Kaesekopf

Only 100 or so days until NFL kickoff...
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Older Salt

The Mass is not about if we "understand " it or not.

The Sacrifice is not at all about us but about Almighty God.

This article bay an FFSP priest might help you:
http://www.realclearreligion.com/index_files/757bb466a5ca6270ded190925c7f227f-611.html
Stay away from the near occasion of sin

Unless one is deeply attached to the Blessed Virgin Mary, now in time, it impossible to attain salvation.

Melchior

Quote from: Older Salt on May 30, 2013, 03:30:06 PM
The Mass is not about if we "understand " it or not.

The Sacrifice is not at all about us but about Almighty God.

This article bay an FFSP priest might help you:
http://www.realclearreligion.com/index_files/757bb466a5ca6270ded190925c7f227f-611.html

It looks like you only read half of the blog post.

tradne4163

Have you ever thought about visiting an Eastern rite parish?

Sent from my Kyocera Rise on Tapatalk 4 Beta

Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

Take any post I write with a grain of salt. I've been wrong before, and can be again

Archer

Quote from: Melchior on May 30, 2013, 02:10:48 PM
And get these Bruins photos OUT OF MY INTRO THREAD.

For that Leafs/Bruins series, I was toats rooting for the meteor.

The only team worth cheering for is the Bruins.  That comeback was one of the most epic I've ever seen.