most relaxing games

Started by Chestertonian, May 12, 2018, 10:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tennessean

Tennessean

Dominion was finally ported to mobile.

Melkor

Are you talking about the board game Dominion? That's a fun game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Tennessean

Yes, and its in the play store, now.

Kaesekopf

I've never played dominion but am interested. 
How do you play on mobile?  Is it a good experience? 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Tennessean

You can buy the expansion sets, or just play with the free Dominion set. I recommend that, for you. I bought Intrigue, Alchemy, Prosperity, and Hinterlands, along with those expansions' "promo cards," which were originally in the expansions, back when I played like 10 years ago, but have been removed so they can be sold separately. Anyway, you play by dealing so many cards on the table, building a library from those cards, all with the goal of amassing victory points. Victory points come from your "land" cards. You want to read the cards on the table, look for synergies, and remember you win by having the most victory points. You can play vs computer or online.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Tennessean on September 12, 2022, 04:50:21 PM
You can buy the expansion sets, or just play with the free Dominion set. I recommend that, for you. I bought Intrigue, Alchemy, Prosperity, and Hinterlands, along with those expansions' "promo cards," which were originally in the expansions, back when I played like 10 years ago, but have been removed so they can be sold separately. Anyway, you play by dealing so many cards on the table, building a library from those cards, all with the goal of amassing victory points. Victory points come from your "land" cards. You want to read the cards on the table, look for synergies, and remember you win by having the most victory points. You can play vs computer or online.
Sweet.  Thanks for the heads up. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

drummerboy

I had to burn a stump out so my wife and I played war outside for a few hours watching the fire. Very enjoyable, felt like we were cowboys (and cowgirls, for the wife).
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

GMC

Any tycoon is relaxing. There is whatever you want: amusement parks, train stations, hospitals, university campuses, video game developers, etc.

Also building games, such as Caesar series, Imperivm Civitas, Tropico, Sim City, etc.

Finally sandbox to live and do what you want without pressure: Minecraft, Animal Crossing, Stardew Valley, Harvest Moon...

AlNg

How much time can you spend per day on games, video games, card games, board games, etc.,  before it becomes a sin of some sort, such as wasting time, etc.

drummerboy

Quote from: AlNg on November 01, 2022, 03:03:53 PM
How much time can you spend per day on games, video games, card games, board games, etc.,  before it becomes a sin of some sort, such as wasting time, etc.

I think that depends on your circumstances in life. Married? Children? Single? They are your first responsibility before leisure. And your prayer life, if you have time for 3 hours gaming but only 20 minutes of prayer a day, time to reexamine priorities.  Same for duties in life and acts of mercy
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne