Is this Sedevacantist forum?

Started by Iamchristian, September 20, 2020, 07:44:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iamchristian

Michael Wilson

No, its an SSPX friendly forum, where sedevanatism is tolerated under certain conditions spelled out in the rules of the forum.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Jayne

The relevant section of the forum rules states:

Quote1) Suscipe Domine recognizes Pope Francis as the Supreme Pontiff. Sedevacantists are invited and welcome to join and post. The forum's policy towards sedevacantists is taken from Abp. Marcel Lefebvre, "I do not say that the pope is not the pope... But I do not say that you cannot say the pope is not the pope."
2) It is necessary for every poster, including sedevacantists, to use a pope's regnal name when posting. Even anti-popes are afforded this respect. Immature name-calling will not be tolerated.

When first founded the forum contained a statement about "following the party line of the SSPX", but that was later dropped. At this point there are still a large number of members associated with the SSPX, but I am not sure if they are even a majority. 

There have been people who have left this forum claiming that it is insufficiently tolerant of Sedevacants, while others have claimed that we are too tolerant.  So perhaps we are somewhere in the middle.

Personally, my attitude towards them shifted quite a bit, early in the pontificate of Francis.  I had started out as a trad quite sure that they were wrong, but Francis made it possible for me to relate to people questioning how a purported pope could actually be the pope.  Also, over the years, I have encountered various people whom I like and admire who are sedevacantists.  This also affects how I think of them.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.