To what are you currently listening?

Started by Bonaventure, December 26, 2012, 09:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Lydia Purpuraria

(I woke up this morning with this one playing in my head. I like this song; hadn't heard it in a while.)

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Maximilian on June 03, 2021, 09:28:46 AM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on June 01, 2021, 03:46:25 PM
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEKuxUOPzk8&t=96s[/yt]

So beautiful.

Apparently they are Germans who moved to Ecuador.

Yes, I absolutely love that version of the Veni Creator Spiritus.  I kind of want to teach my kids to sing it this way.  I just recently discovered it while looking up sacred music for Pentecost.  I briefly looked at their channel, and was excited to see how many videos they have!  I've yet to delve much further, though.  I want to make a play list of some.  I've recently started to listen to hymns/chants while I fold laundry and mop.

Lydia Purpuraria

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on June 05, 2021, 12:07:12 PMYes, I absolutely love that version of the Veni Creator Spiritus.  I kind of want to teach my kids to sing it this way.  I just recently discovered it while looking up sacred music for Pentecost.  I briefly looked at their channel, and was excited to see how many videos they have!  I've yet to delve much further, though.  I want to make a play list of some.  I've recently started to listen to hymns/chants while I fold laundry and mop.

That version was really nice. 

You're probably already familiar with it, but if not, Callixtus is another YouTube channel that also has a lot of really nice chant videos you might be interested in. 

[Eta: Heh. Apparently I'm on phrase repeat today: "really nice" "really nice" "really nice" ... LOL.]

dellery

Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Melkor

During the Battle of Osowiec Fortress in 1915, German Field Marshal Paul Von Hindenburg ordered the bombardment of the fortress with an artillery barrage of chlorine gas to eradicate the 900 Russian defenders. After the bombardment 7,000 German soldiers advanced upon the fortress expecting little to no resistance when 100 disfigured Russians, coughing up blood and pieces of their own lungs, surprised the Germans with a counter-charge. The zombie-like Russians opened fire and attacked the Germans with affixed bayonets causing mass panic and forced the Germans to flee back into their own traps inflicting more casualties. The remaining Russian defenders who survived the gas attacks seized the opportunity to raze the fortress and withdraw while the Germans hesitated. "The Attack of the Dead Men" spawned German legends about unkillable Russian soldiers rising from the dead to fight.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Prayerful

Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Heinrich

Ich höre mich vermutlich zu.

[yt][/yt]
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

The Curt Jester

Quote from: Heinrich on June 21, 2021, 06:30:09 PM
Ich höre mich vermutlich zu.

[yt][/yt]

I enjoy listening to the pre-Bach German organ music. 
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

dellery

Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

The Curt Jester

Norwegian Folk Music

It's good for putting a person in a good mood.  Of course, it's good if you're already in a good mood, too.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJsvzFX8MJ0[/yt]
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,