My change in status

Started by Jayne, October 23, 2013, 10:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed, but I have been trying to avoid arguing and controversial topics since I joined this forum.  (Really, it would have been worse if I was not trying. ;D )  Now that I have been banned from FE, this is going to be my main forum, so I will probably be posting more and more likely to engage in debate.  I figured that I should warn you all:

Also, in case anyone is concerned about how I am handling being banned, I am OK.  I think that Vox had every right to ban me and I have no hard feelings.  Obviously, because of Rule #4, nobody is going to post anything bad about her or FE.  (That's "Do not use Suscipe Domine to disparage other Internet forums or other persons." for you slackers who have not memorized the rules yet.)  I request that you all also refrain from making any negative comments about her to me in PMs.  I may disagree with a specific decision she has made, but I still like and respect her.  I have nothing bad to say about her and I really do not want to hear anything like that either.  Please.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Bernadette

As long as you keep the kitty avatar, post away!  ;)
My Lord and my God.

Jayne

Quote from: Bernadette on October 23, 2013, 10:50:35 AM
As long as you keep the kitty avatar, post away!  ;)

No problem.  Although maybe I need a new slogan.  How about:

New RealJayneK: Just as cute, but more claws

INPEFESS

Will you (as dispassionately as you can) say why you were banned?
I  n
N omine
P atris,
E t
F ilii,
E t
S piritus
S ancti

>))))))º> "Wherefore, brethren, labour the more, that by good works you may make sure your calling and election. For doing these things, you shall not sin at any time" (II Peter 1:10). <º((((((<

erin is nice

Why are you attention-whoring with this thread?

Basilios

Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth: and a door round about my lips. Incline not my heart to evil words.

Jayne

Quote from: INPEFESS on October 23, 2013, 11:05:37 AM

I wrote a post in which I told Impy that I refused to call him Clare any longer, that it was wrong to pretend that he is a woman and that I would not do it anymore. The post was deleted and I was banned.  Vox really believes that protecting Impy from "mean trads" will bring him back to tradition, so she is acting from good motives, however mistaken one may think her to be.

I did end up saving a copy of that post, so I can send it to anyone who wants to fully savour all the drama and rhetoric.  ;D

Jayne

Quote from: erin is nice on October 23, 2013, 11:09:04 AM
Why are you attention-whoring with this thread?

Well, after I convinced everyone how noble and heroic I was, I was going to change my username to Jayne Val Jayne.  But I just won't bother if you are going to be like that about it.  :tongue:

Bernadette

Bonus points for a good literary allusion.  :toth:
My Lord and my God.

Greg

Quote from: RealJayneK on October 23, 2013, 11:14:00 AM
I wrote a post in which I told Impy that I refused to call him Clare any longer, that it was wrong to pretend that he is a woman and that I would not do it anymore.

Wow, I guess that Masters Degree in Theology you earned came in handy after all.

How many books did you need to read to decide it was wrong?
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Jayne

Quote from: Greg on October 23, 2013, 11:50:00 AM
I wrote a post in which I told Impy that I refused to call him Clare any longer, that it was wrong to pretend that he is a woman and that I would not do it anymore.

Wow, I guess that Masters Degree in Theology you earned came in handy after all.

How many books did you need to read to decide it was wrong?

I found this article from the perspective of canon law very helpful: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5MCZqcy5eWjVDYwME11N2M0V2M/edit?usp=sharing

But yes, it took me months longer than it should have to figure it out.  What can I say?  I'm slow.

On the bright side, the next time somebody needs an example of the difference between educated and wise, they are all set.

Greg

On the other hand they could simply read the first book of the Bible, use their common sense, and figure that God didn't want men to chop their cocks off and pretend to be women.

Why overthink it?
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Jayne

Sometimes, Greg, I think that you just don't properly appreciate the Catholic intellectual tradition.  ;D

INPEFESS

Quote from: INPEFESS on October 23, 2013, 11:05:37 AM

I wrote a post in which I told Impy that I refused to call him Clare any longer, that it was wrong to pretend that he is a woman and that I would not do it anymore. The post was deleted and I was banned.  Vox really believes that protecting Impy from "mean trads" will bring him back to tradition, so she is acting from good motives, however mistaken one may think her to be.

I did end up saving a copy of that post, so I can send it to anyone who wants to fully savour all the drama and rhetoric.  ;D

I see.

I made a similar statement and put it in my signature line over there, but I was not banned; I simply left of my own volition until the scandal to the Faith is removed. I am not sure what I didn't say that you said.

Perhaps the reason is that I made my statement before Vox made the rule that no one is allowed to talk about it anymore. Is it possible that you were banned not for refusing to call Impy "Clare" but for disobeying her rule not to say anything about it anymore?
I  n
N omine
P atris,
E t
F ilii,
E t
S piritus
S ancti

>))))))º> "Wherefore, brethren, labour the more, that by good works you may make sure your calling and election. For doing these things, you shall not sin at any time" (II Peter 1:10). <º((((((<

Jayne

Quote from: INPEFESS on October 23, 2013, 03:04:05 PM
Perhaps the reason is that I made my statement before Vox made the rule that no one is allowed to talk about it anymore. Is it possible that you were banned not for refusing to call Impy "Clare" but for disobeying her rule not to say anything about it anymore?

I am not sure that these are two distinct things.  But yes, I was disobeying her and she certainly had a right to ban me.