Mississippi Gubernatorial Candidate Refuses to Travel Alone with Female Reporter

Started by Counter Revolutionary, July 22, 2019, 04:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Counter Revolutionary

Common sense from a conservative candidate in Mississippi! I sure would love for these conservative Protestants in the deep south to become traditional Catholics! They would soon be very valuable soldiers of the church militant. I'm going to pray for their conversion.

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/11/740913524/mississippi-gubernatorial-candidates-condition-for-female-reporter-bring-a-man

QuoteRobert Foster made a promise to his high school sweetheart before they got married: He would never be alone with another woman he wasn't related to under any circumstances, be it in an office, a farm or a truck.

On Sunday, that meant denying a female journalist's request to ride along with him as he campaigned to become Mississippi's next governor — unless she agreed to bring a male colleague along for the trip.

"I put my wife and my Christian beliefs above anyone else's feelings or opinions ... and I did not want there to be a perception that I was riding with another female and that something promiscuous was going on or anything like that," Foster, a first-term Republican state representative, said to NPR. ...

"Invincible ignorance is a punishment for sin." - St. Thomas Aquinas (De Infid. q. x., art. 1.)

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.

Maximilian

I was just in Mississippi last week, and the television is filled with ads for state-wide candidates, all of whom are claiming to be the most pro-life, the most pro-Trump, the most pro-guns, the most pro-border wall, etc.

One candidate has an ad "Here's a picture of me with Pres. Trump," while his opponent is running an ad "Here's a BIGGER picture of me with Pres. Trump."

Lots of kids and wives in the ads to show how pro-family they are. The radio has about 16 different religious stations. Not a single Latin Mass in the whole state, however.

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Bernadette

Quote from: Lynne on July 23, 2019, 09:32:53 AM
Quote from: Maximilian on July 23, 2019, 09:14:45 AM

Not a single Latin Mass in the whole state, however.

>:(

Exactly. Hence my religious dilemma, and the reason why I'm not glad that I live in Mississippi.  :'(
My Lord and my God.

martin88nyc

Quote from: Bernadette on July 23, 2019, 09:39:49 AM
Quote from: Lynne on July 23, 2019, 09:32:53 AM
Quote from: Maximilian on July 23, 2019, 09:14:45 AM

Not a single Latin Mass in the whole state, however.

>:(

Exactly. Hence my religious dilemma, and the reason why I'm not glad that I live in Mississippi.  :'(
So do you have access to TLM?
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.