Two women attempt to concelebrate Mass at Catholic church in Switzerland

Started by andy, September 05, 2022, 07:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josh987654321

Pagan priestesses. Time to walk out.

"For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

God Bless
"I will not delude you with prospects of peace and consolations; on the contrary, prepare for great battles. Know that you are now on a great stage where all heaven and earth are watching you. Fight like a knight, so that I can reward you. Do not be unduly fearful, because you are not alone." (Diary, 1760)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)

"I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

awkward customer

"Pagan priestesses" desecrating the Mass in a pagan temple.

Does Canon Law apply here, since this is clearly not the Church.

The diocese where the event took place is led by a bishop supportive of same-sex "marriage."

Not a Bishop then either.

Tennessean

Amos

It's gotta be fake because the only real dissent against the Church are those who are "characteristically" associated with the TLM as Francis the Greatâ„¢ says.

aseeker

Prayerful

Meh, years ago when at Clontarf Orthopaedic Hospital an old nun (the usual short haired old man nun) carried out what looked to me like a simulated New Mass. There there was at least priest on the altar. Sadly the usual in Spirit of V2 land.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

andy

Quote from: Prayerful on September 10, 2022, 04:58:44 PM
Meh, years ago when at Clontarf Orthopaedic Hospital an old nun (the usual short haired old man nun) carried out what looked to me like a simulated New Mass. There there was at least priest on the altar. Sadly the usual in Spirit of V2 land.

The question is if a presence of the woman saying words of Consecration together with this priest invalidates the sacrament? One could clearly question the priest's intention here.

Justin Martyr

Quote from: andy on September 10, 2022, 05:11:28 PM

The question is if a presence of the woman saying words of Consecration together with this priest invalidates the sacrament? One could clearly question the priest's intention here.

No, as the priest still intends to do what the Church does in spite of his material heresies.

Which makes the sacrilege far worse.
The least departure from Tradition leads to a scorning of every dogma of the Faith.
St. Photios the Great, Encyclical to the Eastern Patriarchs

CANON I: As for all persons who dare to violate the definition of the holy and great Synod convened in Nicaea in the presence of Eusebeia, the consort of the most God-beloved Emperor Constantine, concerning the holy festival of the soterial Pascha, we decree that they be excluded from Communion and be outcasts from the Church if they persist more captiously in objecting to the decisions that have been made as most fitting in regard thereto; and let these things be said with reference to laymen. But if any of the person occupying prominent positions in the Church, such as a Bishop, or a Presbyter, or a Deacon, after the adoption of this definition, should dare to insist upon having his own way, to the perversion of the laity, and to the disturbance of the church, and upon celebrating Pascha along with the Jews, the holy Synod has hence judged that person to be an alien to the Church, on the ground that he has not only become guilty of sin by himself, but has also been the cause of corruption and perversion among the multitude. Accordingly, it not only deposes such persons from the liturgy, but also those who dare to commune with them after their deposition. Moreover, those who have been deposed are to be deprived of the external honor too of which the holy Canon and God's priesthood have partaken.
The Council of Antioch 341, recieved by the Council of Chalcedon

Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

andy

Quote from: Justin Martyr on September 10, 2022, 06:33:00 PM
Quote from: andy on September 10, 2022, 05:11:28 PM

No, as the priest still intends to do what the Church does in spite of his material heresies.

Which makes the sacrilege far worse.

Doing that the Church does can be recognized by a simple fact that he follows the books and the Rite. Apparently, since this priest departed from it, it is not so obvious what is his intention at that point. Why it is so hard to understand?