The New Iranian Crisis - E. Michael Jones' Analysis

Started by Geremia, January 07, 2020, 05:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tales

QuoteYou do it all the time by drawing a false equivalency between the imperfections and shortcoming of the US to the evil, organ harvesting, Fentanyl poisoning, Christian persecuting, regime of the Chinese Communist Party. Just look at the above post where you compare the "Heavenly Kingdom" to the barbaric Christian West

Dellery,

Shrug.  I even specifically said "Note I only use their terminology for purposes of evidencing how they see the world" but you missed that.  If asking a philosophical question to James, who wants to destroy the Chinese government, as to how one determines when it is appropriate to destroy a group of people now equates to cheerleading for the Chinese government, then you have redefined words.

I suspect that your emotions got the better of you, and rather than reading with a sober mind my posts which attempt to explain China (usually in response to posts decrying them as evil devils or wishing for their destruction), in an emotional state you equivocate anything that does not wholeheartedly agree with thus being a bootlicking commie drone.  But perhaps I did cheerlead for them and I've totally forgotten.  If you're bored you can show me where.  If not, perhaps you can consider removing your erroneous statement.  I make many mistakes in my life, presumably you are capable of making one too.

dellery

Quote from: Davis Blank - EG on January 12, 2020, 08:17:20 PM
QuoteYou do it all the time by drawing a false equivalency between the imperfections and shortcoming of the US to the evil, organ harvesting, Fentanyl poisoning, Christian persecuting, regime of the Chinese Communist Party. Just look at the above post where you compare the "Heavenly Kingdom" to the barbaric Christian West

Dellery,

Shrug.  I even specifically said "Note I only use their terminology for purposes of evidencing how they see the world" but you missed that.  If asking a philosophical question to James, who wants to destroy the Chinese government, as to how one determines when it is appropriate to destroy a group of people now equates to cheerleading for the Chinese government, then you have redefined words.

I suspect that your emotions got the better of you, and rather than reading with a sober mind my posts which attempt to explain China (usually in response to posts decrying them as evil devils or wishing for their destruction), in an emotional state you equivocate anything that does not wholeheartedly agree with thus being a bootlicking commie drone.  But perhaps I did cheerlead for them and I've totally forgotten.  If you're bored you can show me where.  If not, perhaps you can consider removing your erroneous statement.  I make many mistakes in my life, presumably you are capable of making one too.

You cheerlead the Chicoms the same way Steve Kerr does.

Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Tales

Okie dokie.  This all reminds me of someone presenting statistical data and then being called racist.

In other news, PDR & VO, I am sending you both a PM with regards to the heretical Great Commission discourse.  Not worth posting my thoughts here for it'll trigger some people too greatly.

red solo cup

Quote from: dellery on January 12, 2020, 08:30:09 PM
Quote from: Davis Blank - EG on January 12, 2020, 08:17:20 PM

Dellery,

You cheerlead the Chicoms the same way Steve Kerr does.

The NBA is treading lightly because there is potentially BILLIONS to be made in China.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

james03

QuoteIf asking a philosophical question to James, who wants to destroy the Chinese government, as to how one determines when it is appropriate to destroy a group of people

Man that is pathetic.  Your arguments are indeed weak when you have to try deception like that.

Anyhow, it is not just "James" who wants to destroy the Chinese COMMUNIST Party, and communism in general.  It is every Catholic.  Organ harvesting, forced abortions, social credit scores, and slave labor are evil.  Communism must be destroyed as it is the mortal enemy of the Catholic Church.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

james03

QuoteNo.  Where did I suggest that?  The tariffs were levied in order to achieve a more favorable balance of trade.  It wouldn't change our dependence on them for tech—that has to do with our appetite, not policy.  If a druggie negotiates with his dealer and gets a better price, it doesn't make him any less addicted.

But it is always the dealer that "exploits" the user.  So in reality Trump is not trying to "exploit" China, China was exploiting the US, according to your analogy (which turns out to be correct).  Which exploitation Trump is putting a stop to.

"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

james03

American Exceptionalism:

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4g3z8EJVfI[/yt]

To be honest, the explosions look a little fake.  We'll see if this is legit.

edit:  (Looks like computer generated, but its cool).

Gardener

It's a sim of the system. However, that's exactly how they work. Kinetic impact mitigation of incoming missiles/rockets/mortars. They have a radar sensor and lock on to incoming threats, immediately spin their feed motor, lock on target and let loose. They're frigging LOUD. Was walking by one in Baghdad on one of the FOBs once when they detected incoming mortars. Just being near it going off without ear pro was like getting punched in the head repeatedly.

Here's a demo video:

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpbUr9TWg9Q[/yt]
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Mono no aware

Quote from: james03 on January 13, 2020, 11:05:23 AMBut it is always the dealer that "exploits" the user.  So in reality Trump is not trying to "exploit" China, China was exploiting the US, according to your analogy (which turns out to be correct).  Which exploitation Trump is putting a stop to.

The analogy is correct, but imperfect.  The relationship is co-dependent.  But we are indeed the heavy.  The U.S. is the "alpha dog" on this earth, and we are going to do whatever it takes, by hook or by crook, to keep this leviathan chugging for as long as it possibly can.

I suppose I disagree with you and dellery on the issue of our being "exceptional."  We're exceptional only in might.  Unlike the Roman, the Spanish, or the British empires, we don't have any great architecture, philosophy, or culture to export.  We just make sure the resources and widgets keep flowing our way.  Kind of pathetic, really.

Heinrich

Quote from: Gardener on January 13, 2020, 02:25:48 PM
It's a sim of the system. However, that's exactly how they work. Kinetic impact mitigation of incoming missiles/rockets/mortars. They have a radar sensor and lock on to incoming threats, immediately spin their feed motor, lock on target and let loose. They're frigging LOUD. Was walking by one in Baghdad on one of the FOBs once when they detected incoming mortars. Just being near it going off without ear pro was like getting punched in the head repeatedly.

Here's a demo video:

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpbUr9TWg9Q[/yt]

Are these "Made in China"?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

christulsa

Maybe Dollar General sells an alternative.   :P   Everything made in the USA, so they say.   :patriot:

Gardener

Not made in China. General dynamics/Raytheon manufacture them.

No word yet on how they defend against tornadoes.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Tales

Quote from: james03 on January 13, 2020, 10:59:21 AM
QuoteIf asking a philosophical question to James, who wants to destroy the Chinese government, as to how one determines when it is appropriate to destroy a group of people

Man that is pathetic.  Your arguments are indeed weak when you have to try deception like that.

A few posts earlier, James says:

QuoteThe goal indeed is to destroy the Communist Communist Party, yes.

The Chinese Communist Party has 100 million members and their army has about 2 million men.  Is this not a "group of people"?

Here are the last three major revolutions in China:

1) Taiping Rebellion [1850] - 20+ million dead  [inspired by Protestantism]
2) Warlord Era [1920] - 3 million dead [following the usurping by Western Liberalism via Sun Yatsen]
3) Communist Revolution [1950] - however many millions dead you want to attribute to that [inspired by communism which came from the West]

James, would you like the West to inspire more revolts in China?  How many millions shall die the next time?

The only thing the West should do is send Catholic missionaries and pray for the conversion of the Chinese people.  That is what Catholics always have done and always should do.  And if the government boots the Church out, as the Japanese did, then we should pray and fast more, rather than kill.

Xavier

Quote from: VetusWhile it's true that Capitalism really took of in Calvinist countries, the first to accept the legitimacy of interest and to develop the banking system before the rest of the Catholic world followed suit

Vetus, if you're referring to fractional reserve banking, which is inherently usurious, as a good thing, I have to disagree. FRB only began after the Church was taken out of the way. "The Swedish Riksbank was the world's first central bank, created in 1668" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractional-reserve_banking A few Protestants who knew what Scripture and Tradition had said on it weakly tried to protest, but once Protestantism had engineered its practical separation of Church and State and continual multiplicity of sects, usury became widespread. Secularist utilitarian Jeremy Bentham was one of the first to be totally in favor of unlimited usury. Not all interest is usury, and there are some distinctions between productive and non-productive loans, and more importantly on existing deposits of money, as in normal banking, and usuriously creating money as a debt owed by society, which is fractional reserve banking.

Please see the Catholic St. Michael's Journal on that: https://www.michaeljournal.org/articles/social-credit/item/the-money-myth-exploded

There is a distinction between the creation of money as currency units, and the distribution of money once it is created. To claim interest on money created is inherently usurious. It fits Lateran V's definition of usury," that is the real meaning of usury: when, from its use, a thing which produces nothing is applied to the acquiring of gain and profit without any work, any expense or any risk" https://www.papalencyclicals.net/councils/ecum18.htm And as "Oliver" did in the parable, claiming usury on money not his own is doubly usurious. New money should be created only as a result of the productive output of the nation, and distributed to its citizens. That is what the banker on the island, who created 1000 dollars to represent the 1000 dollars of the island's wealth, should have done. When the productive output of the island had grown to 1200 dolllars, after one year, say, 200 dollars in new money should have been created. That new money does not belong to the central bank, it belonged, in this case, to each of the island's inhabitants i.e. as 40 dollars to each.

That is from a Catholic School of Economic Thought on Social Credit to end all usury and inflation forever.

See also: https://www.michaeljournal.org/articles/social-credit/item/interest-on-newly-created-money-is-robbery
As well: https://www.michaeljournal.org/articles/social-credit/item/the-history-of-banking-control-in-the-united-states

In America, Presidents from Andrew Jackson down to President Lincoln to Catholic President John Kennedy opposed fractional reserve banking and its usurious precedents. From the link, "Nathan Rothschild, of the Bank of England, issued an ultimatum: "Either the application for the renewal of the charter is granted, or the United States will find itself involved in a most disastrous war." Jackson and the American patriots did not believe the power of the international moneylenders could extend so far. "You are a den of thieves-vipers," Jackson told them. "I intend to rout you out, and by the Eternal God, I will rout you out!" Nathan Rothschild issued orders: "Teach these impudent Americans a lesson. Bring them back to Colonial status." As we know, the Fed was founded in 1913, and its no coincidence soon thereafter there were two World Wars and a Great Depression.

President Trump has also been very strong against the Fed. That is a longer battle for another time, though. Perhaps if Trump wins re-election.

Anyway, I see America very clearly moving in the right direction, under Trump and Pence. Just recently, https://www.npr.org/2020/01/05/793722634/more-than-200-members-of-congress-ask-supreme-court-to-reconsider-roe-v-wade there was a massive proposal to end RvW. President Trump promised people he would appoint pro-life Catholic Judge Amy Barrett once Ginsburg dies or retires. That will certainly be the end of Roe v Wade; it's not a speculation anymore, but is something quite certain imo if Trump-Pence have 4 more years. See also: https://www.axios.com/trump-mcconnell-judge-confirmations-senate-8b5087fd-5fd1-4846-8a1c-cadf888bf18b.html

And if America happily puts an end to abortion, it can take a very strong stance against the forced abortions and other such things in China, which even the Chinese government recently realized is a terribly bad policy. Wiki: "In November 2013, following the Third Plenum of the 18th Central Committee of the Chinese Communist Party, China announced the decision to relax the one-child policy." And: "Last October, China ended its 35-year-old policy of restricting most urban families to one child" https://www.npr.org/2016/02/01/465124337/how-chinas-one-child-policy-led-to-forced-abortions-30-million-bachelors Abortion, Contraception etc and that ruinous mentality will absolutely prove to the ruin of any civilization and culture that embraces them and does not come out of it. That is equally true in both China and the west. That horrible mentality must be fought, opposed and ultimately overcome imo.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Gardener