Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.Z.

The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because generally they are the same people" - G.K. Chesterton.

"To be able to speak the Truth and yet remain silent is to draw down the anger of God" - St. Justin Martyr

Archer

Quote from: Larry S. on December 26, 2013, 09:21:50 PM
The 1951 version of A Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim as Scrooge. Still the best version of the story.

I beg to differ good sir. The 1984 version with George C. Scott is my favorite.
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Archer

Just got back from The Hobbit 2. I'll post my thoughts in another thread.
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Gerard

Quote from: Archer on December 27, 2013, 01:13:18 AM

The 1951 version of A Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim as Scrooge. Still the best version of the story.

Mine as well

Highlights

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1-aIOpV0dA[/yt]

OCLittleFlower

Just got back from Saving Mr. Banks.  It was good, but bring Kleenex.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

Larry

That's in second place for me. I like Sim, and the supporting cast in the 1951 version.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

Gerard

Quote from: Larry S. on December 27, 2013, 09:00:58 PM

That's in second place for me. I like Sim, and the supporting cast in the 1951 version.

Don't forget the version voice by Sim from the Chuck Jones 1971 animated short. 

This was my first exposure to the Dickens tale.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUZfW1W_CMM[/yt]

Larry

Quote from: Gerard on December 27, 2013, 10:05:35 PM
Quote from: Larry S. on December 27, 2013, 09:00:58 PM

I remember seeing that as a kid, but I didn't know that Sim provided the voice for Scrooge.

Don't forget the version voice by Sim from the Chuck Jones 1971 animated short. 

This was my first exposure to the Dickens tale.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUZfW1W_CMM[/yt]

Larry

Becket on Blu-ray, in honor of St. Thomas Becket's feast day, and also in remembrance of Peter O'Toole. What a great movie, and what a great performance by O'Toole(and Richard Burton, too).

drummerboy

Its a Wonderful Life

Reservoir Dogs

Layer Cake (early Daniel Craig as a high-up drug middleman)

RAID: Redemption (lots of awesome mauy thai and knife fighting!)

Once Upon a Time in the West

A Fish Called Wanda
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

voxxpopulisuxx

Elysium (scary accurate post economic apocalypse tale)

Man of Steel
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Spooky

All Good Things starring Ryan Gosling and Kirsten Dunst. I didn't realize until 2/3rds in that it was based on the Robert Durst/Kathleen McCormack case. Robert Durst is no Ryan Gosling I assure you that.

Maximilian

Ender's Game.

Available at the second-run theater for $1.50 per ticket.

Pretty good sci-fi. Not original, but still entertaining. And pretty good family entertainment. No immodesty, bad language, etc.

Clare

Motes 'n' Beams blog

Feel free to play the Trivia Quiz!

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux