Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Cool

Quote from: ResRev on November 11, 2016, 09:35:17 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on November 07, 2016, 06:47:32 PM
So who has seen Hacksaw Ridge?
Just got home from the movie. Excellent! Saving Private Ryan had to be topped, I suppose, so the battle scenes turned it up a few notches. Made me think a lot of my father who grew up in the Viginia mountains and served in WWII.

I didn't think it was as violent as someone had said.  I've seen a lot worse.  But it shows you how the Pacific war was in its barbarity.

It is hard to imagine how this man did all that he did.  It was a great movie.  Plus, Vince Vaugh was absolutely the best drill sergeant ever. 

GloriaPatri

Just saw Arrival today. I thought it was an excellent movie, especially as it differs from most "first contact" movies. It also touched upon some interesting philosophical and existential points, such as how the specific languages we are raised with might colour our own perceptions and thought processes.

red solo cup

Red Cliff. Directed by John Woo.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

red solo cup

The Missing with Tommy Lee Jones and Cate Blanchett. Very good.

martin88nyc

Victor Frankenstein simply mediocre.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

piabee

red solo cup

Outrage starring Takeshi Kitano.  This was about different Yakusa groups vying for power. For the most part a decent movie though I had a hard time telling the different people apart or who was in which group.

dymphna17

"Paddington", I know, I know, but I thought it really was good.  A true good versus bad and the bad loses.  From what I understand, that's somewhat hard to find in a film directed at children.  I didn't think it was sappy either, nor did it make the Father out to be a complete imbecile.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

martin88nyc

Me Before You (2016)
Soppy movie (I cried). very good except the ending.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2674426/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_5
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

MilesChristi

Dr House...I mean...Strange
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

martin88nyc

I just watched a very disturbing movie and I regret watching it.
Regression (2015) is about the satanic ritual abuse. There was a very disturbing and violent scene where a black mass was being portrayed. I don't recommend this movie to anyone. Why did I keep watching this movie is beyond me. I feel spiritually harmed.  :shrug:

Dusty Bottoms

Kaesekopf

You run a podcast, dusty? 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Dusty Bottoms

Quote from: Kaesekopf on November 29, 2016, 03:20:59 PM

Yep - started it last month, once a week.  Just seeing where it goes.  I already have dozens of listeners   :laugh:

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Dusty Bottoms on November 29, 2016, 03:34:33 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on November 29, 2016, 03:20:59 PM

Yep - started it last month, once a week.  Just seeing where it goes.  I already have dozens of listeners   :laugh:

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.