Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arun

Quote from: LoneWolfRadTrad on June 25, 2015, 04:31:20 PM
Saw Jurassic World the week after it came out.

But more recently, I finally saw I Am Legend.  Eh, I can see the inspiration from Charleton Heston's adaptation, but each is too different from the other to really compare.

another film that really let the book down eh

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

BibleSteve

Rear Window by Alfred Hitchcock. Good times.

red solo cup

A Most Wanted Man. Seymour Hoffman's last movie. It was alright. Kind of cerebral i.e. no gun play or car chases.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Archer

Quote from: BibleSteve on June 25, 2015, 11:15:36 PM
Rear Window by Alfred Hitchcock. Good times.

A classic. One of my favorites.
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Archer

Quote from: red solo cup on May 28, 2015, 08:52:17 AM
I made the mistake of watching Noah with Russell Crowe. A truly awful experience. Just terrible.

I tried watching it but shut it off. I couldn't get past the overwhelming environmentalism and transformer-like rock creatures.
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

zork

Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

red solo cup

Nightcrawler. Pretty entertaining. Gyllenhaal did a good job.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

LausTibiChriste

Saw Ida again because I was bored.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Heinrich

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on July 01, 2015, 10:40:44 AM

I just looked it up and want to watch it, but I am not sure as of yet if it is available in the US. Wiki says that it is available in the (NWO speak) English speaking regions 1 and 2.

Has this movie strengthened your Faith?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Heinrich on July 01, 2015, 03:03:31 PM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on July 01, 2015, 10:40:44 AM

I just looked it up and want to watch it, but I am not sure as of yet if it is available in the US. Wiki says that it is available in the (NWO speak) English speaking regions 1 and 2.

Has this movie strengthened your Faith?

No, it was stupid lol. The to-be nun ends up sleeping with a sax player (you don't see nothing though, it's implied [albeit very clearly]). I still remember liking the film overall and the cinematography in it was fantastic.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

LoneWolfRadTrad

City of Ember.  Never heard of it til today when I saw it.

Arun

Quote from: LoneWolfRadTrad on July 01, 2015, 10:14:54 PM
City of Ember.  Never heard of it til today when I saw it.

watched that with the kids a while ago. not bad.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Larry

A Streetcar Named Desire. One of those movies it's going to take a long time for me to forget. One of the best I've ever seen.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

Lynne

Quote from: Larry on July 02, 2015, 08:53:32 AM
A Streetcar Named Desire. One of those movies it's going to take a long time for me to forget. One of the best I've ever seen.

I've never seen that! I love the name, though...Stella!!!!!
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Larry on July 02, 2015, 08:53:32 AM

Is it the one with Marlon Brando? And Vivian Leigh as Blanche...
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace