Started by King Wenceslas, May 13, 2014, 10:46:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Wenceslas

Warren Buffett has given $1.2 billion to abortion groups

QuoteBy  Dan Gainor
·Published May 13, 2014·
FoxNews.com

Berkshire Hathaway CEO Warren Buffett.Reuters

May 13, 2014, marks one year since Philadelphia abortion Dr. Kermit Gosnell was convicted of first-degree murder "in the deaths of three babies who were delivered alive and then killed with scissors at his grimy, 'house of horrors' clinic," according to the Associated Press. Gosnell instantly became the face of abortion in the prolife community.

But there's another, more recognizable face pushing abortion in the U.S. – liberal billionaire Warren Buffett. The so-called "Oracle of Omaha" has donated more than $1.2 billion to abortion organizations from 2001 to 2012.

That's equal to the cost of roughly 2.7 million first-trimester abortions – more than twice the number of abortions that occur in an entire year in the United States. Unlike Gosnell, however, everything Buffett has done has been entirely legal. But Buffett does share something else in common with the abortionist. Both their stories have been largely unreported.

Imagine the equivalent of the lives of 2.7 million children snuffed out to serve the whims of the third richest man in the world. Most people would say that's a story, most likely several.

Oh no, supporters will cry. Planned Parenthood, NARAL and other similar groups do more than just abortions. And Buffett does more than fund the abortion industry. But that is the core of his agenda, just as it is theirs.

Buffett's own charity, The Susan Thompson Buffett Foundation, is named after his first wife who was an abortion supporter. Its domestic operation is led by pro-abortion activist Tracy Weitz, Ph.D., MPA. Weitz has worked at Planned Parenthood, The Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health and once defined abortion as "a moral action undertaken by moral agents."

Imagine old Warren is 83 years old and doesn't have a clue what is waiting for him in just a few short years.

The elites will never let abortion stop in this country that is why this country is doomed and will be destroyed.

Kaesekopf

I don't mean to sound presumptuous or anything, but I'd hate to have a billion dollars' worth of abortion funding on my soul. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

zork

I wonder if that old fool would be as willing to donate that same amount to euthanasia...
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

totiusque

If I had to name the 3 worst things about living in Omaha, they would be weather, high taxes, and Warren Buffet.  He owns many local businesses that I go out of my way to avoid.  He's treated like a god by the media out here.  Just sickening.  May God have mercy on his soul.
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

Jonathan Hart

I read an article where the brilliance of his investment decisions were described as "preternatural". It was probably said tongue in cheek but I have little doubt such people have given themselves up to the demon to acquire earthly riches and power. Fr John O'Connor said a sure sign of devil worship is engagement in human sacrifice as it is something demanded by Satan himself.

Bonaventure

Perhaps a blessing in disguise I did not end up working for this man. Came quite close.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

verenaerin

Quote from: Kaesekopf on May 13, 2014, 11:43:39 AM
I don't mean to sound presumptuous or anything, but I'd hate to have a billion dollars' worth of abortion funding on my soul.

Yea, there is no getting around that come judgement time.

Bernadette

Quote from: Jonathan Hart on May 14, 2014, 04:41:56 AM
I read an article where the brilliance of his investment decisions were described as "preternatural". It was probably said tongue in cheek but I have little doubt such people have given themselves up to the demon to acquire earthly riches and power.

Consciously? Like in Faust:o How can such a thing even be possible?
My Lord and my God.

verenaerin

Quote from: Bernadette on May 15, 2014, 07:05:41 AM
Quote from: Jonathan Hart on May 14, 2014, 04:41:56 AM
I read an article where the brilliance of his investment decisions were described as "preternatural". It was probably said tongue in cheek but I have little doubt such people have given themselves up to the demon to acquire earthly riches and power.

Consciously? Like in Faust:o How can such a thing even be possible?

Most definitely. Fr. MM talked about it several times. It makes sense though. If there are those willing to give their lives entirely to Christ why wouldn't there be those willing to give everything to demons? They get all their "reward" up front, we get it at the end. Some people just want what they can get right now.

Christopher McAvoy

Mr. Buffets never-published memoirs titled "HOW TO SELL YOUR SOUL TO THE DEVIL".

At least the black mass at harvard was stomped out thanks to enough good decent people !

There's hope yet !

King Wenceslas

Hay Warren (now 87 years old) how is the collapse of AAPL working out for you? You might need that 1.2 billion dollars you used to support abortion.

QuotePreviously we noted that while a variety of hedge funds, ETFs and central banks are getting slammed by today's 9% drop in AAPL shares, few have been as badly hit (even if they can more than afford it) as Warren Buffett, whose Berkshire Hathaway is looking to lose more than $3.8 billion on its AAPL position thanks to his holdings of 258 million shares of Apple stock which make him the third biggest shareholder after passive investors Vanguard and BlackRock.

Today's drop brings Berkshire's holdings to about $36 billion, and a $3.8 billion loss, and has also hammered Berkshire Hathaway's Class A stock which is down more than $15K today, or 4.93%, its biggest one day drop since the February 5 VIX termination event. Ignoring that one-time drop which quickly reversed, one would have to go back to August 2011 when the US was downgraded, to find an even bigger drop.

That said, Buffett may be enjoying the drop: the billionaire first announced Berkshire was buying Apple in February 2017 despite his usual aversion to tech stocks and following his disastrous foray into tech investing with IBM. On Feb. 1, 2017, Apple's shares were around $129 so the Oracle of Omaha is likely still in the green on the first portion of stock he bought. But Berkshire added to that stake significantly the last two years and at far higher prices. In Q1 2018, Berkshire bought another 75 million shares of Apple, adding to an existing stake of 165.3 million shares Berkshire already owned at the end of 2017. He told CNBC at the time that he clearly likes Apple, and "we buy them to hold."

"We bought about 5 percent of the company. I'd love to own 100 percent of it. ... We like very much the economics of their activities. We like very much the management and the way they think," Buffett told CNBC's "Squawk Box."

I will enjoy the day he goes bankrupt (if that is possible). Bring it on. Babies in the womb will be a lot safer.

If the cycles work properly the stock market will collapse in the third quarter. That will be a glorious day. Will toast to the end of abortion with the collapse of the economy. Can you imagine the riot in Congress. Bring it on.

Heinrich

Quote from: King Wenceslas on January 03, 2019, 03:40:11 PM
Hay Warren (now 87 years old) how is the collapse of AAPL working out for you? You might need that 1.2 billion dollars you used to support abortion.

QuotePreviously we noted that while a variety of hedge funds, ETFs and central banks are getting slammed by today's 9% drop in AAPL shares, few have been as badly hit (even if they can more than afford it) as Warren Buffett, whose Berkshire Hathaway is looking to lose more than $3.8 billion on its AAPL position thanks to his holdings of 258 million shares of Apple stock which make him the third biggest shareholder after passive investors Vanguard and BlackRock.

Today's drop brings Berkshire's holdings to about $36 billion, and a $3.8 billion loss, and has also hammered Berkshire Hathaway's Class A stock which is down more than $15K today, or 4.93%, its biggest one day drop since the February 5 VIX termination event. Ignoring that one-time drop which quickly reversed, one would have to go back to August 2011 when the US was downgraded, to find an even bigger drop.

That said, Buffett may be enjoying the drop: the billionaire first announced Berkshire was buying Apple in February 2017 despite his usual aversion to tech stocks and following his disastrous foray into tech investing with IBM. On Feb. 1, 2017, Apple's shares were around $129 so the Oracle of Omaha is likely still in the green on the first portion of stock he bought. But Berkshire added to that stake significantly the last two years and at far higher prices. In Q1 2018, Berkshire bought another 75 million shares of Apple, adding to an existing stake of 165.3 million shares Berkshire already owned at the end of 2017. He told CNBC at the time that he clearly likes Apple, and "we buy them to hold."

"We bought about 5 percent of the company. I'd love to own 100 percent of it. ... We like very much the economics of their activities. We like very much the management and the way they think," Buffett told CNBC's "Squawk Box."

I will enjoy the day he goes bankrupt (if that is possible). Bring it on. Babies in the womb will be a lot safer.

If the cycles work properly the stock market will collapse in the third quarter. That will be a glorious day. Will toast to the end of abortion with the collapse of the economy. Can you imagine the riot in Congress. Bring it on.

Didn't you say that my prediction on stuff like this was not going to happen?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Innocent Smith

I owned his stock for years and even traveled to Omaha for the annual meeting. Up until the point that I sold my shares a dividend was never paid. However, we were allowed to donate an amount per share to the charity of our choice. So it was a dividend that offset taxes on other income an investor might have.

At the last meeting I went to in 2002 the scales fell from my eyes as I realized what was going on with his "dividends". A group of investors who were against abortion brought the subject to the floor. He used Dairy Queen and the family concept behind that business as a business reason to not fund abortion. When the motion got shot down the vast majority of shareholders burst into applause.

I was sick to my stomach and left the meeting a day early and found an earlier flight back home. On the way home I started to think about how and when I would liquidate my shares. Sold them soon after.
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

clau clau

Quote from: Kaesekopf on May 13, 2014, 11:43:39 AM

He makes Jacob Marley seem like a choirboy !

Marley in his pigtail, usual waistcoat, tights and boots; the tassels on the latter bristling, like his pigtail, and his coat-skirts, and the hair upon his head.  The chain he drew was clasped about his middle.  It was long, and wound about him like a tail; and it was made (for Scrooge observed it closely) of cash-boxes, keys, padlocks, ledgers, deeds, and heavy purses wrought in steel. His body was transparent, so that Scrooge, observing him, and looking through his waistcoat, could see the two buttons on his coat behind.
"It is required of every man," the Ghost returned, "that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellowmen, and travel far and wide; and if that spirit goes not forth in life, it is condemned to do so after death.  It is doomed to wander through the world -- oh, woe is me! -- and witness what it cannot share, but might have shared on earth, and turned to happiness!"
The air was filled with phantoms, wandering hither and thither in restless haste, and moaning as they went.  Every one of them wore chains like Marley's Ghost; some few (they might be guilty governments) were linked together; none were free.  Many had been personally known to Scrooge in their lives.  He had been quite familiar with one old ghost, in a white waistcoat, with a monstrous iron safe attached to its ankle, who cried piteously at being unable to assist a wretched woman with an infant, whom it saw below, upon a door-step.  The misery with them all was, clearly, that they sought to interfere, for good, in human matters, and had lost the power for ever.

Charles Dickens - A Christmas Carol
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)