Our Lady of Guadalupe, Pray For Us

Started by ·, December 30, 2022, 02:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

·

What brings you to SD?

Loose ends.

This forum is how many people have connected with each other through for around a decade now. I treat the forum as it describes itself, and that is why I am here. Those who do not want to follow those rules notwithstanding lax enforcement of them, you may object to me, but it would be a waste of time: object to the forum.

I can be contacted on the forum or with the contact information on website.

Why did you choose your username?

Psalm 50

What is your state of life - single, married, religious, or still discerning?

Celibate

Have any hobbies?

Not anymore

GMC

Bernadette

Good to see you back. :)
My Lord and my God.

Michael Wilson

"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Melkor

Welcome back, friend! I was actually just thinking about you the other day when I used the Rosary you made for me. Hope you're doing well and Merry Christmas!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

orate

I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

·

Thank you for the welcome.

For those who are concerned with discontinuous forum usage, I do not rely on other people's websites for my identity: I use my own. For those who had difficulty with my posts, I will now use inline citations instead of quotes.

·

I am not using this forum's private messages system anymore. I keep current contact information on my own website.

A forum user has found moral fault with me for not relying on any forum profile. That is not a moral matter. That is also a technically bad idea, as the user should know, given how many times he has been banned from various websites and services.

I never tied my identity or persona to a profile on any website. The weird ones are those who rely on social media profiles from surveillance and marketing companies and other accounts on other people's websites for establishing an online identity and for communication.

I have no intention of promoting, defending, or being anything other than a simple orthodox and traditional Catholic and living a good life. I am just a wayfarer. I do not want to be strongly associated with other people's Internet activity, on or off this forum.

In real life, I try to stop people from sharing what they learned from social media with me. I do not use those things and I do not want secondhand exposure. This forum is full of secondhand political and worldly commentary from undesirable sources. It is like an entirely different world.

I am not associated with those things and the more they present themselves here and in responses to me in public, the more I consider the best way to proceed. The forum is obsessed, collectively, with the irreverence and suspected errors of others, but this forum is where I witness the most irreverence and novel ideologies in professed members of the Church myself. How can I care at all about what is distant when I have this before me?