Hey there!

Started by Lynne, May 23, 2013, 10:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynne

I copied Fluffy's post (but put in my own answers of course!)

What brings you to SD?  I like hanging out with traditional Catholics.

Are you a member of other Internet fora?  I came back to the Catholic Church in 2005 and discovered CAF but it became apparent pretty quickly that that place wasn't a good fit. I found what I thought was a trad forum but...

Why did you choose your username and avatar?  I've used it for quite a long time in various places, I love cats and quilts. My daughter was kittenquilt and I was catquilt.

What is your state of life - single, married, religious, or still discerning?  Married, almost 25 years.

Whereabouts do you live "in real life"? (be as specific or as general as you wish!)  North of Boston

Personality type?  Mostly Melancholy/Phlegmatic

Favorite books?  The Screwtape Letters and anything by Michael O'Brien

Favorite movies?  You've Got Mail (I love romantic comedies) and The Incredibles

Favorite TV shows?  I don't watch a lot of TV. I always think I'm going to hate a new series, it takes a couple of seasons to get on a band wagon. I loved Lost. I started watching it on Netflix about a year before the last season so I had a lot of catching up to do before the series finale.

Favorite sports/teams?  Baseball---the Yankees  ;)

Have any hobbies?  Quilting, knitting, reading, suduko

Pet peeves:  pokey drivers

Fun random fact about yourself:  meh
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

BierKaiser

Lynne

Thanks! I already found the other quilters...  ;D
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Archer

You live North of Boston but root for the Yankees? How does THAT work? lol.

Anyway, welcome!  :toth:
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Lynne

Quote from: Archer on May 23, 2013, 11:50:54 AM

My husband was born in Jersey. I got sick of waiting for the Red Sox to get through September/October with a winning percentage (late 90's) so I jumped on the Yankees band wagon. We have DirecTV so we can watch just about *every* Yankees game. And, I saw Pope Benedict at the old Yankee Stadium when he visited the US in 2008.

Kaesekopf

Hello and welcome!

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

LouisIX

IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

OCLittleFlower

-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

Archer

Quote from: catquilt on May 23, 2013, 11:56:37 AM
Quote from: Archer on May 23, 2013, 11:50:54 AM

My husband was born in Jersey. I got sick of waiting for the Red Sox to get through September/October with a winning percentage (late 90's) so I jumped on the Yankees band wagon. We have DirecTV so we can watch just about *every* Yankees game. And, I saw Pope Benedict at the old Yankee Stadium when he visited the US in 2008.

LOL if you stuck around a little longer it would've paid off.  04 and 07 were so sweet.  I grew up in NH watching Red Sox games religiously. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

zork

Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Gottmitunsalex

"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Eliza

You enjoy quilting and knitting. I like you already. :) welcome!

tmw89

Welcome to SD, catquilt!  Hope you enjoy your time here.
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

Hawaii Five-0

Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer. - Padre Pio

Lynne

Quote from: Eliza on May 23, 2013, 07:52:56 PM
You enjoy quilting and knitting. I like you already. :) welcome!

Yay!