Catholic Men! (Would've Posted to the Men's Forum but that Place is Dead)

Started by dellery, October 22, 2020, 06:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dellery

Stop being wussies.

Go join a militia and volunteer with an non-affiliated soup kitchen!

I have did both and am very happy with the decision.

Who cares if the group is Catholic? If they are not, help make them Catholic.
Be a holy infiltrator. A lot of people long for Catholicism (True Catholicism) without even knowing who or what She is!

The militia is pretty self-explanatory, but the soup kitchen type place I started volunteering at is awesome! We work with trafficked women, feed the homeless, use narcon on ODing drug addicts, and also give field medical care to the homeless so you get can your first-aid/trauma care practice in as well --the more dangerous the area the better.

If you have the social wherewithal, start a militia and, or, an in-home soup kitchen on your own. 

One of the side-effects of a civilized society is that it largely insulates the common man from the suffering of his hidden neighbors, with the social aid mechanisms displacing love with the collection of tax funded welfare. Receiving aid from another person, and giving aid, builds person to person connections in a way tax funded welfare never will. It probable helps diminish suicides among the homeless and destitute as well.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

diaduit

You could be right.  A traditional priest here in Ireland said mass in a persons home for the first time, this person is very vocal and high profile against the lockdown.

God is great.

red solo cup

I've been a cook in my parish's soup kitchen for the last 5 years and I can confirm that it's deeply rewarding work.
I was wondering dellery, have you heard about the Farmers to Families program? They can be a great benefit to your kitchen and town. They drive an 18 wheeler to designated spots and provide boxes that contain 8 lbs of vegetables, 5 lbs of meat 5 lbs dairy, a gallon of milk, fruit other goodies. All free to whoever shows up. No vouchers needed.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

dellery

Quote from: red solo cup on October 23, 2020, 03:50:54 AM
I've been a cook in my parish's soup kitchen for the last 5 years and I can confirm that it's deeply rewarding work.
I was wondering dellery, have you heard about the Farmers to Families program? They can be a great benefit to your kitchen and town. They drive an 18 wheeler to designated spots and provide boxes that contain 8 lbs of vegetables, 5 lbs of meat 5 lbs dairy, a gallon of milk, fruit other goodies. All free to whoever shows up. No vouchers needed.

No, never heard of that, and will mention it to the lady who runs the kitchen. Thanks.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

awkwardcustomer

Quote from: dellery on October 22, 2020, 06:46:26 PM
Who cares if the group is Catholic? If they are not, help make them Catholic.
Be a holy infiltrator. A lot of people long for Catholicism (True Catholicism) without even knowing who or what She is!

Definitely.  I think it's essential to reach out beyond Trad circles.  There are lots of good people out there, and confused, damaged people, who know that something is deeply wrong but don't know why, and don't know how to respond.

These are our allies.  We can't just stick to Trads.  The impulse to be neighbourly and to be part of a strong and supportive community or group is still very strong and lots of people have an instinct for the truth and won't settle for lies.

So what if they're not Catholic or Trad.  My enemy's enemy is my friend and right now we have an enemy in common with a whole lot of people.
And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  
St Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lecture 15, para 9.

And what rough beast, it's hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
WB Yeats, 'The Second Coming'.

awkwardcustomer

Quote from: diaduit on October 23, 2020, 01:05:31 AM
You could be right.  A traditional priest here in Ireland said mass in a persons home for the first time, this person is very vocal and high profile against the lockdown.

God is great.

We need more of this.  I'm actually in favour of going back to the catacombs, where Masses can be said in private without any of the ghastly NWO hand sanitizers and social distancing etc.
And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  
St Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lecture 15, para 9.

And what rough beast, it's hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
WB Yeats, 'The Second Coming'.

drummerboy

Do some martial arts.  The conservative Christian type of man tends to flock to them from my experience
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Heinrich

Quote from: drummerboy on October 23, 2020, 10:55:07 AM
Do some martial arts.  The conservative Christian type of man tends to flock to them from my experience

No. Don't do martial arts. Waste of time and money. Not applicable to guerrilla warfare. Learn how to use a pistol and a knife.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

drummerboy

Quote from: Heinrich on October 23, 2020, 03:28:56 PM

No. Don't do martial arts. Waste of time and money. Not applicable to guerrilla warfare. Learn how to use a pistol and a knife.

When did this turn into a thread about guerilla warfare???  And if that is the direction you wish to take, have you missed the reason why militaries still include bayonet and pugil stick training?  It makes the warrior confident in himself, that he can close with and destroy - or not destroy - his opponent. 

Heinrich

Quote from: drummerboy on October 24, 2020, 07:22:40 PM

When did this turn into a thread about guerilla warfare???  And if that is the direction you wish to take, have you missed the reason why militaries still include bayonet and pugil stick training?  It makes the warrior confident in himself, that he can close with and destroy - or not destroy - his opponent.

[yt][/yt]
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Miriam_M

Quote from: awkwardcustomer on October 23, 2020, 06:52:01 AM

God is great.

We need more of this.  I'm actually in favour of going back to the catacombs, where Masses can be said in private without any of the ghastly NWO hand sanitizers and social distancing etc.

Absolutely.  Me too.  I've been ready for the catacombs since February.  Guys can do their militia thing, but women are no less soldiers of Christ.  We inherited that term at our Confirmations.

I do not fear the government and I've been ready from Day One of lockdowns to shield the identity of every priest who hides from authorities.  Unfortunately, I am a minority viewpoint even among local trads.  There are some just like me; too many others are frightened and inappropriately "obedient."  (Recalling recent thread.) 

Today is the Feast of Christ the King.  Wake up, traditionalists.  He is the sovereign Lord of the universe, including Lord of Governor Gretchen Whitmer, Governor Cuomo, Mayor De Blasio, Governor Newsom, Dr. Anthony Fauci, Dr. Deborah Birx, and every petty local "health official" and every complicit bishop. 

It is HIS universe and HIS Church.  Not the Church of your local bishop and your embarrassingly frightened priest, if you are so afflicted.

Miriam_M

Back to the OP:

Glad you posted this.  I have never felt that true charity consists in refusing to help outside of official Catholic circles, and within those, a minority of "pure" causes.  And there's nothing like direct help.  "Giving money," especially if we don't know where it's going and how it's going to be used, is quite different from direct help.

Good for you, dellery.  Can't agree with you more.  Have done that more in the past than now, but it applies to men and women, imho.

Happy Feast Day.

Heinrich

Quote from: Miriam_M on October 25, 2020, 12:05:27 PM
Quote from: awkwardcustomer on October 23, 2020, 06:52:01 AM

God is great.

Absolutely.  Me too.  I've been ready for the catacombs since February.  Guys can do their militia thing, but women are no less soldiers of Christ.  We inherited that term at our Confirmations.

I do not fear the government and I've been ready from Day One of lockdowns to shield the identity of every priest who hides from authorities.  Unfortunately, I am a minority viewpoint even among local trads.  There are some just like me; too many others are frightened and inappropriately "obedient."  (Recalling recent thread.) 

Today is the Feast of Christ the King.  Wake up, traditionalists.  He is the sovereign Lord of the universe, including Lord of Governor Gretchen Whitmer, Governor Cuomo, Mayor De Blasio, Governor Newsom, Dr. Anthony Fauci, Dr. Deborah Birx, and every petty local "health official" and every complicit bishop. 

It is HIS universe and HIS Church.  Not the Church of your local bishop and your embarrassingly frightened priest, if you are so afflicted.

Reminds me of the scene in For the Greater Glory where the women were smuggling ammo to the boys at the front.

Prayerful

God is great.

That was once a common thing. I was at one once, likely a NOM. Given how our supposed shepherd collude with the new Penal Laws and fake lockdown, house Masses are all we have. I've said it before, but the SSPX outdo the archdiocese in strictness, with the churches open for very limited times with only a short stay allowed. The Resistance priests here are reported to have shown great witness, God support them.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

drummerboy

Quote from: Heinrich on October 24, 2020, 08:40:23 PM
Quote from: drummerboy on October 24, 2020, 07:22:40 PM

[yt][/yt]

You have not made an actual reply.  I'm well aware of many phonies in the MA world, that does not discredit my original point.