Church of Sweden Declares that it is Now a Trans-Inclusive Institution

Started by Vetus Ordo, June 02, 2021, 06:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheReturnofLive

Quote from: Optatus on June 27, 2021, 08:36:00 AM
Quote from: lauermar on June 27, 2021, 08:09:19 AM
Here comes my question:  How far are Spanish speaking churches going with inclusive language? If they drop the masculine o and female a in the mass, and substituting @ or x, the change is extensive. They will have effectively invalidated the mass. This signals an outright refusal to respect the majesty of God's creation of males and females, and it is a thorough rejection of biblical teachings. You change the language, you change the intention. Change the intention, invalidate the mass.

I don't have a conclusive answer to your question, but I would guess that "Latinx" is a dead-end for the left. Everything I've seen points to Hispanophones recognising it (accurately) as the imposition of an Anglophone contrivance upon them. Now the wokists are in a situation where they are engaging in a sort of linguistic and ideological colonialism after spending many decades bemoaning the horrors of our colonial history. I have little doubt that "Latinx" will become increasingly normative among deluded white progressives, but I don't see actual Hispanophones buying it.

That's literally everything Leftists do; "ideological colonialism"

They hate and resent the historical culture they are a part of because the historical culture they are a part of judges them to be decadent and ignorant; so they latch on to some non-white culture and say "See! See! I wasn't decadent and ignorant"; then the non-white culture proceeds to call them decadent and ignorant, so they say "Well, you are just a bunch of uneducated, simplistic brown people who can't conceptualize the real meaning of your culture, allow me to elaborate what it really means."

The worst is how they do this to foreign religions. Because of my interest in Buddhism lately, my favorite example is this one by Husan Hua, who was an instrumental Chinese figure in spreading Buddhism in the West:
http://www.gbm-online.com/online/dharma/avoid.html
"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but irrigate deserts." - C.S. Lewis

GiftOfGod

Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

lauermar

Many Americans experiment with Buddhist ideas to some extent, but few practice it in the way that it was founded. Either way, it contains Satanic elements and it is dangerous for Catholics. I can't support it, and neither does the official magisterium of the Catholic Church.

https://www.ncregister.com/features/apologist-warns-catholics-about-dangers-of-mindfulness
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

GiftOfGod

Quote from: lauermar on June 27, 2021, 06:29:03 PM
Many Americans experiment with Buddhist ideas to some extent, but few practice it in the way that it was founded. Either way, it contains Satanic elements and it is dangerous for Catholics. I can't support it, and neither does the official magisterium of the Catholic Church.

https://www.ncregister.com/features/apologist-warns-catholics-about-dangers-of-mindfulness

Interesting. I've been hearing about this trend for years from people who go to psychotherapy.
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

TheReturnofLive

Quote from: lauermar on June 27, 2021, 06:29:03 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhist_modernism

Yeah.

But I encourage you to read the article; here, I'll post some snippets.

"People should therefore maintain a [safe] distance. Regardless of whether you are male or female, you must remember not to practice homosexual behavior. Neither monastics nor laity can engage in these acts. If so, you will definitely enter the hells in the future. Regardless of how much education or status you may have, engaging in homosexual behavior is intolerable to the world. Why? It is because you have flouted the natural order of creation, the laws of yin and yang, the norm. Regardless of who it is, you must change quickly. If you do not change, you will fall into the hells.

Homosexual behavior, especially, is behavior that will put an end to nations and humanity. What does it mean by putting an end to nations? Someone who practices homosexuality will not care about their country, so that country will disintegrate. Homosexuals do not procreate, so the human race will vanish! This kind of behavior is forbidden by national law, universal law, and natural law. Those who do will fall into the hells no matter who they are. Every one of us must know this."

"Homosexuality contradicts procreation and is a form of sexual misconduct. Sexual misconduct is forbidden according to Buddhism. The Five Precepts prohibiting killing, stealing, sexual misconduct, lying and taking intoxicants must be followed. If homosexuality becomes legal, then the human race will vanish. Why will it vanish? Heaven will punish us. Homosexuals exist due in part to the influence of a certain religion. This religion used to be underground and did not dare to promote homosexuality openly, but now that we're in an age where Dharma is on the decline, all kinds of strange phenomenon are happening. Consequently, these people protest, join parades, and lobby for legalizing homosexuality. This is essentially an omen for doomsday. We should know this because if everyone recognizes this as a fault, people may live a little longer. Otherwise, everyone will face cataclysm, a catastrophe of inordinate proportion that brings death to all. Since all the perversities and wickedness in our world now are too awful for words, people who still feel that this time and age is not bad might be crazy people, more or less."

Pretty entertaining tbh
"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but irrigate deserts." - C.S. Lewis

Xavier

Saw this on the Babylon Bee. Lol.

"PORTLAND, OR—In a development that many are calling the most stunning and brave thing to ever happen in the world of sports, a WNBA point guard has come out as heterosexual.

The player, Megan Frederickson, has been playing for the Portland Fire for the last four years. She's broken many records over her short career, becoming the first player to score three baskets in a game, the first player to go over sixty seconds without a total air ball, and the first player to play a whole game without bursting into tears. She even got a record twelve fans to tune in to one of her games.

But now, she's shattering her most significant barrier yet, becoming the first out heterosexual player in the league.

Frederickson came out to her fans and teammates in an emotional video posted to TikTok Thursday.

"I was staring at myself in the mirror and I suddenly realized I just can't hide who I am anymore," she said. "I have to be true to myself. I can't pretend to be a lesbian anymore just because it's what's expected of me. I'm sick of this homonormative culture in this league. It's time for me to really be me."

Frederickson's wife is broken up but says she understands and supports the player's choice to live out her truth in a heterosexual relationship.

CNN is currently combing through her social media history looking for old racist tweets."
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Prayerful

Quote from: lauermar on June 27, 2021, 09:34:38 AM
Quote from: Michael Wilson on June 27, 2021, 09:21:15 AM
I don't see how Spanish could become gender neutral without destroying itself.
Re. "Invalidating the Mass"; how about changing the very words of our Lord in the Consecration of the Wine from "Many" to "All men" ("muchos" -"todos los hombres")? A change that St. Thomas in the Summa and the Catechism of the Council of Trent indicated would alter the "form" of the Sacrament and therefore render it doubtful or even invalid.

Sedevacantists think that the Novus Ordo mass still uses the words "all." Which is because they don't attend the N.O. It did for a time. Currently, it does not. The words of consecration changed back to "for many." I don't know when it happened, but criticism arose and it changed.

Every other elderly rebel priest uses 'all' which appeared with the translated Canon in c. '68, for example the New St Joseph Hymnal and Missal has it. Quite likely the revised Italian translation makes that official. It would be likely that if Francis gets more time or someone of his mind succeeds him, this will happen throughout Europe.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

lauermar

@Returnoflive, you're reading old Buddhist texts. That is no longer the case today.

The official Buddhist and Hindu organizations no longer condemn homosexuality and same-sex marriage. They have elected to take no stance and consider it a gray area.

Regarding Tibetan Buddhism, the Dalai Lama's perspectives are complex and evolving.On the positive side, he has publicly condemned violence against LGBTQ people and has been reported to have said, "If the two people have taken no vows [of chastity] and neither is harmed why should it not be acceptable. Yet in a 1997 press conference he commented that "from a Buddhist point of view [lesbian and gay sex] is generally considered sexual misconduct." have been mixed and somewhat influx. During a meeting with representatives of the LGBTQ community, the Dalai Lama reportedly showed interest in how modern scientific research might create new understanding of the Buddhist texts, acknowledging a "willingness to consider the possibility that some of the teachings may be specific to a particular cultural and historic context."

https://www.hrc.org/resources/stances-of-faiths-on-lgbt-issues-buddhism

ON MARRIAGE EQUALITY
Overall, it is difficult to qualify Buddhism's perspective on same-sex marriage, since perspectives vary greatly within the religion. Because of Buddhism's core theme to attain enlightenment, the path one chooses to take within the religion is largely personal, as is one's beliefs. Hence, most Buddhist literature indicates that opposition to or support for marriage rights for same-sex couples is a personal, rather than religious, statement.
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

Melkor

All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Tennessean

mikemac

Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source