The Absurdities of The Feeneyite Heresy (from cathinfo)

Started by andy, February 07, 2021, 01:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy

GiftOfGod

Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

christulsa

Quote from: GiftOfGod on February 21, 2021, 05:36:37 AM
This topic is not allowed is not allowed to be promoted on the forum.

FIFY

Feeneyism is forbidden on this forum and promoting one, two, or all three errors of Feeneyism is subject to moderation.  While Feeneyites are welcome to post here in all sub-fora, they are not permitted to promote, spread, or disseminate information promoting any of the errors of Feeneyism.  Any posts or posters who do so will be subject to moderation.

GiftOfGod

Quote from: christulsa on February 21, 2021, 09:47:58 AM
Quote from: GiftOfGod on February 21, 2021, 05:36:37 AM
This topic is not allowed is not allowed to be promoted on the forum.

FIFY

Feeneyism is forbidden on this forum and promoting one, two, or all three errors of Feeneyism is subject to moderation.  While Feeneyites are welcome to post here in all sub-fora, they are not permitted to promote, spread, or disseminate information promoting any of the errors of Feeneyism.  Any posts or posters who do so will be subject to moderation.

I see, so this means that a poster can attack holes in the anti-Feeneyite arguments.
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

GiftOfGod

Quote from: Kaesekopf on March 01, 2021, 09:01:52 PM
Quote from: GiftOfGod on February 21, 2021, 05:45:37 PM
I see, so this means that a poster can attack holes in the anti-Feeneyite arguments.

You might want to change your rules to actually make sense. It would be better for users who don't come across your aforementioned meme rule.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: GiftOfGod on March 02, 2021, 02:44:19 AM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on March 01, 2021, 09:01:52 PM
Quote from: GiftOfGod on February 21, 2021, 05:45:37 PM

You might want to change your rules to actually make sense. It would be better for users who don't come across your aforementioned meme rule.
You're the only person to need this clarification.   

Everyone else seems to understand the rule. 

Weird. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

mikemac

Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

GiftOfGod

What's the story on the Feeneyite Heresy? Other than the letter from the Holy Office, what other pre-Vatican II authority declared it to be a heresy?

christulsa

GiftOfGod

Quote from: christulsa on March 02, 2021, 06:07:41 PM
Jansenism.

Is Jansenism a pre-Vatican II authority or is your Tourette's acting up again?

christulsa

Did you forget your first question?

Jansenism is a condemned false religion.  Feeneyism is nothing but contemporary Jansenism masking itself as Catholicism.  Are you not aware of Jansenistic attitudes in the Trad movement?   The best example being the two Dimond bros you promote.

http://archives.sspx.org/miscellaneous/feeneyism/three_errors_of_feeneyites.htm

Gerard

I remember when I saw, "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed."  I discussed it with a friend of mine.  He said, "It's about Creationism."  I said, "No it's not."  He said, "Yes it is."  I said, "I just saw the movie. Did you see it?"  He said,"No."  And then he proceeded to tell me about a movie, I'd seen that he hadn't. 

GiftOfGod

Quote from: christulsa on March 02, 2021, 08:17:21 PM

Jansenism is a condemned false religion.  Feeneyism is nothing but contemporary Jansenism masking itself as Catholicism.  Are you not aware of Jansenistic attitudes in the Trad movement?   The best example being the two Dimond bros you promote.

The SSPX isn't a pre-Vatican II authority.

christulsa

Quote from: GiftOfGod on March 03, 2021, 03:12:21 AM
Quote from: christulsa on March 02, 2021, 08:17:21 PM

The SSPX isn't a pre-Vatican II authority.

Didn't you know that "Feeneyism" is largely a post-VII phenomenon??  Its heresies don't even represent the original teachings of Fr. Feeney.  What post-VII authority do you accept on the subject besides the Dimond bros, if not the Society of St. Pius X?  You would not, since the Dimond bros have practically rejected as non-Catholic all traditional bishops and priests who are not Feeneyites.  You've joined a cult.