Started by Bonaventure, December 26, 2012, 09:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: LoneWolfRadTrad on March 31, 2015, 08:33:18 AM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on March 31, 2015, 01:52:57 AM
Quote from: LoneWolfRadTrad on March 30, 2015, 08:20:00 PM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on March 30, 2015, 02:40:29 PM

Taylor is the drama in my life I didn't know I needed

Scary video.  Suddenly, I'm not celebrity crushing on her.

Yeah but the song is awesome

Talented to be sure, but the video and song compliment each other well in how unreasonable her musical persona is in relationships.  One hopes it's just entertainment.  But it's just a little celebrity crush.  Nothing big lost. :P

I prefer them crazy so this video started my whole T.Swift crush.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Limoncello

Talented to be sure, but the video and song compliment each other well in how unreasonable her musical persona is in relationships.

It's satire.  ::)

I will never understand why guys get so touchy and defensive about Taylor Swift. She writes about her breakups--oh man, western civilization is coming to an end.

LoneWolfRadTrad

Quote from: Limoncello on March 31, 2015, 11:36:28 AM
Talented to be sure, but the video and song compliment each other well in how unreasonable her musical persona is in relationships.

I will never understand why guys get so touchy and defensive about Taylor Swift. She writes about her breakups--oh man, western civilization is coming to an end.

??? It was a joke. Chill.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: LoneWolfRadTrad on March 31, 2015, 02:36:33 PM
Quote from: Limoncello on March 31, 2015, 11:36:28 AM

??? It was a joke. Chill.

I told you guys T.Swift is all about the drama
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Limoncello

Sorry if that seemed like a personal attack. If it was a joke, it sounds exactly like statements I've heard other guys make--and not all of them Catholic. It just puzzles me what the controversy is.

Anyway

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN56BFDsPK0[/yt]

Limoncello

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on March 31, 2015, 03:46:32 PM

She's probably the least controversial pop star in about 30 years. She's even dressed in a trad-approved way most of the time. I just don't get it.

Archer

Quote from: Limoncello on March 31, 2015, 03:51:40 PM

She's probably the least controversial pop star in about 30 years. She's even dressed in a trad-approved way most of the time. I just don't get it.
Trad approved or keyboard warrior trad approved? [emoji6]
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Archer on March 31, 2015, 07:07:55 PM
Quote from: Limoncello on March 31, 2015, 03:51:40 PM

Trad approved or keyboard warrior trad approved? [emoji6]

Is there a difference?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Chestertonian

ah richard thompson..

my parents always listened to him, fairport convention linda thompson... lots of good memories
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Archer

Quote from: Kaesekopf on March 31, 2015, 07:55:32 PM
Is there a difference?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Theoreticaly, no.  But I'd like to think so anyway. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

dymphna17

This makes me want to visit Iceland or hang out in German train stations.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4dT8FJ2GE0[/yt]
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Mattock

Listing to some Duke

[yt]cb2w2m1JmCY[/yt]
For now the axe is laid to the root of the trees. Every tree therefore that doth not yield good fruit, shall be cut down, and cast into the fire.

MilesChristi

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvcGlrNBMP4[/yt]

The Duke was a pretty decent composer in his own right as well.
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.