Baronius Press 3 Volume Breviary or Roman Diurnal

Started by obscurus, September 24, 2017, 03:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

obscurus

Hello,

Is anyone willing to sell their Baronius Press 3 Volume Breviary or their Roman Diurnal (Latin Only)?

I would be willing to make a trade for the 3 volume Breviary. I can give you several books or something else for it. I can't see myself ever spending $400+ for a set. The same goes for the Roman Diurnal which has all the offices except Matins but is only in Latin.

To be honest, I would love to see the Roman Diurnal in English and Latin for those who cannot spend so much money.

Thank you!

martin88nyc

Ibought my diurnal on lulu.com for like 15 dollars. It is paperback soft cover but a good oone. It is all black print but still has value. Good for starters.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

obscurus

Thank you for your message. I am looking for the one published professionally. The thing is probably in 2004 or 2005 I had a few breviaries including the famed Collegeville set, the 4 volume English set by Benziger Brothers (1950), the 4 volume Monastic Breviary, and a Roman Diurnal but I sold all of them regrettably. I would like to get back to praying the Divine Office at least semi-regularly. The only thing I didn't sell was the Monastic Diurnal which is wonderful to use but I would like the entire breviary if possible.

This is probably a crazy thought but I was thinking that I (or someone more competent!) should work on publishing an English/Latin Roman Diurnal since that has actually never been published. As I said, it would be great for those not willing to fork out $400+ for the entire 3 volume Baronius set.

(It is early here so forgive the possible incoherence of this post, lol)

martin88nyc

Just to clarify the diurnal from lulu is english and latin in one.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

obscurus

Quote from: martin88nyc on September 25, 2017, 08:15:19 AM
Just to clarify the diurnal from lulu is english and latin in one.

Do you have a link? Thank you.

I am still interested in the Baronius volumes though....

martin88nyc

martin88nyc

I think you can choose the type but otherwise it is a regular paper bound.

magdalena59

Quote from: martin88nyc on September 25, 2017, 08:52:42 PM

I was thinking of purchasing this. I was just wondering is it like, 81/2 by 11" size paper or smaller and is it in a format easy to follow?
Therefore, brethren, stand fast; and hold the traditions which you have learned, whether by word, or by our epistle. 2nd Thessalonians 2:15

http://ourdomesticcalling.blogspot.com/

martin88nyc

Quote from: magdalena59 on October 18, 2017, 07:17:36 PM
Quote from: martin88nyc on September 25, 2017, 08:52:42 PM

I was thinking of purchasing this. I was just wondering is it like, 81/2 by 11" size paper or smaller and is it in a format easy to follow?
It's about 8 1/2 by 5 1/2. The format is pretty good. It is all black and white.

martin88nyc

BTW I would like to get a separate book of readings for the day (from the Matins)

ManInWhite0010

3 Volume Roman Breviary 1961 in English and Latin by Baronius Press Anyone willing to trade or sale ?

I have 1964 Roman Breviary in English Good Condition

The New Marian Missal 1961
Good Condition

Saint Joseph Continuous Sunday Mussel  1957
Acceptable Condition

Holy Bible Douay Rheims Version Saint Benedict Press 2008
Like New Condition

The Monastic Diurnal  2006 By Lancelot Andrews Press
Like NEW

obscurus

Quote from: ManInWhite0010 on December 26, 2017, 09:24:59 PM
3 Volume Roman Breviary 1961 in English and Latin by Baronius Press Anyone willing to trade or sale ?

Good Condition

Acceptable Condition

Like New Condition

Like NEW

How much for the 1964 Roman Breviary? -- assuming you are willing to sell it on its own.

ManInWhite0010

Good Condition

Acceptable Condition

Like New Condition

Like NEW

ManInWhite0010

Good Condition

Acceptable Condition

Like New Condition

Like NEW